It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: Tens of Thousands Storm Mukata Compound; Arafat Buried Amidst Massive Gunfire

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 12 2004 @ 06:41 AM
link   
The coffin is moving faster now while the people that climbed on top of the casket are making agitated signs showing their emotions to the crowd.

posted on Nov, 12 2004 @ 06:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by bodrul
if anyone wants to watch this
news.bbc.co.uk...#

For members on 56k dial-up (me), bodrul' link is working fine.

posted on Nov, 12 2004 @ 06:44 AM
link   
They seemed to have gotten it to the compound. Now why they did this I have no clue, but they now have to bring the coffin back through the crowd to the burial site.

posted on Nov, 12 2004 @ 06:45 AM
link   
People are not so much violent as they are agitated and passionate about this. Also the people and police officers were not on top of the coffin but were leaning on it as it was being carried away. Police officers are leaning on top of the coffin so that people do not open it or tear appart the flag that covers the coffin as they move it.

[edit on 12-11-2004 by Muaddib]

posted on Nov, 12 2004 @ 06:48 AM
link   
OMG, is it just me or did it seem like someone just got hit by gunfire? Just after the car sped thru the crowd and slowed suddenly, it looked like someone in the background wearing a white shirt jerked and fell like he'd been shot.....

posted on Nov, 12 2004 @ 06:49 AM
link   
The police officers are pushing off some other officers out from whatever was carrying the coffin. The coffin is in some sort of small carriage but you can't see exactly what it is because so many officers are on top of it that they cover it.

They stopped and the police officers are keeping at bay people as they try to touch the coffin.

posted on Nov, 12 2004 @ 06:53 AM
link   
I get confused with all this. I though he was a pedophile and a rapists? These people actually have this much love for someone like that? Or is what I head here on the board (and read a link given) all BS?

posted on Nov, 12 2004 @ 06:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by LadyV
I get confused with all this. I though he was a pedophile and a rapists? These people actually have this much love for someone like that? Or is what I head here on the board (and read a link given) all BS?

He was a terrorist and he was the one who allowed for drug money to be used for terrorist organizations, something that Osama quickly took notice of and imitated. The Palestinians love him because he united them against the State they have been taught to hate since childhood, Israel.

posted on Nov, 12 2004 @ 07:00 AM
link   
Banshee, if you look at the way they are firing the Ak-47s and the amount of people all over the place some of those bullets will make it to the crowd even if they shoot upwards at an angle....what goes up must come down. i am sure at the end of all this quite a few people will be hit or killed by all the gunfire...

posted on Nov, 12 2004 @ 07:01 AM
link   
The gun fire sounds a lot more heavy then celebration shots.

posted on Nov, 12 2004 @ 07:03 AM
link   
i think i just heard an ambulance in the background, but I am not sure.

it seems the casket finally made it to the compound, now there are some other officials who are trying to get off the helos and make it through the crowd towards the compound.

posted on Nov, 12 2004 @ 07:04 AM
link   
Is that sirens I am hearing?
Israelis on the way?

I guess we all heard those..Don't hear them now though..

[edit on 12-11-2004 by spacedoubt]

posted on Nov, 12 2004 @ 07:04 AM
link   
Definately hearing heavier gunfire and most definately hear emergency vehicles in the background. More than one (ambulance?) coming closer to the audio source.

posted on Nov, 12 2004 @ 07:05 AM
link   
They never run out of ammo. It�s just like in the movies.

link   
The police officers are shooting quite a bit, you can see some of them changing the magazines of their machine guns. I am not sure that they will release any information on the people getting hit by the gunfire but I am sure people are getting hit.

link   

Originally posted by Muaddib
He was a terrorist and he was the one who allowed for drug money to be used for terrorist organizations, something that Osama quickly took notice of and imitated. The Palestinians love him because he united them against the State they have been taught to hate since childhood, Israel.

Good point, Muaddib. I was watching an interview of a terrorism expert who described Arafat as
the 'inspiration' for Al-Qeada. I can't remember his name.

posted on Nov, 12 2004 @ 07:08 AM
link   
This is just mind boggling....police officers should know that the way they are shooting they are bound to hit some people....still they continue to do so, exchanging the machine gun's magazines once in a while...

They don't seem to have any regards for the safety of their own people...

posted on Nov, 12 2004 @ 07:09 AM
link   
3rd helicopter?
Would you land a chopper with all that gunfire?

Looks like some injuries being carried away on stretchers

[edit on 12-11-2004 by spacedoubt]

posted on Nov, 12 2004 @ 07:10 AM
link   
Now they are carrying someone who seemed to have been shot....

posted on Nov, 12 2004 @ 07:10 AM
link   
Body of a young person being carried out on a stretcher.
Guess people did get hit.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join