It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: Tens of Thousands Storm Mukata Compound; Arafat Buried Amidst Massive Gunfire

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 12 2004 @ 06:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by radiant_obsidian
I cannot see the live video uplink as Im currently hard at work. Im just writing to ask if any1 who has already posted in this news thread would be kind enough to keep us informedof whats going on in realtime,

Watch the first post in this thread for real-time news. I'm updating as things come in.

posted on Nov, 12 2004 @ 06:25 AM
link   
It does look chaotic, but it's more respectful than "TV" is letting on.

posted on Nov, 12 2004 @ 06:26 AM
link   
They are trying to get the coffin in the jeep, and it looks as if they are running over people. Its going going out of control really.

posted on Nov, 12 2004 @ 06:27 AM
link   
Oh my god!! There's a SUV looking vehicle ramming thru the crowd to clear people away!! It's slamming right into people left & right!!

posted on Nov, 12 2004 @ 06:28 AM
link   
Yes, the jeep is being driven back and forth kind of fast, luckily noone was hit or ran over. The people inside the helo are trying to open the doors but the mass of people are not letting them do it.

posted on Nov, 12 2004 @ 06:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by RANT
It does look chaotic, but it's more respectful than "TV" is letting on.

True, but we must remeber 2 terrorist groups are down there. I am guessing to try to steal it for some reason.

UPDATE: They look like they are opening the helicopter with the coffin in it.

posted on Nov, 12 2004 @ 06:30 AM
link   
There are already some fights starting to break out between some of the Palestinians and the police...is more like European fights where people push each other around...

posted on Nov, 12 2004 @ 06:30 AM
link   
I don't understand this type of behavior displayed at this type of thing...are they there for respect to pay honor to him or to act like a bit of a mob, or is it an excuse to gather and be a nuisance, or is this just something indicative of the area and therefore normal?
I don't see any violence......so maybe just normal for the area of the world?

posted on Nov, 12 2004 @ 06:31 AM
link   
i think that the people in the helos are waiting for reinforcements. That's my first thought as i see them with the helo door open just a bit but not attempting to open it more because of the riot.

[edit on 12-11-2004 by Muaddib]

posted on Nov, 12 2004 @ 06:32 AM
link   
They are going to get the door open, and they are going to storm the helicopter withe the casket. At least that seems to be what would happen next.

EDIT: Just for people who don't have access to see what is going on if you head to the ATS chat I will fill you in as stuff happens.

[edit on 11/12/2004 by Huria86]

posted on Nov, 12 2004 @ 06:34 AM
link   
it would really be foolish to try to open that door, but it does seem to be the plan as one of the people in the helo is making signs to make people back away from the helo....

posted on Nov, 12 2004 @ 06:35 AM
link   
Still most of the people are relatively calmed, is just those closer to the helo that are a bit more aggitated. The door was opened and the Palestianian Minister of Culture is stepping off the helo.

posted on Nov, 12 2004 @ 06:36 AM
link   
The casket is being taken away from the helo people are getting more aggitated. They are walking the casket away, throught the mass of people...they are not using the jeep but just walking the casket.

posted on Nov, 12 2004 @ 06:37 AM
link   
Coffin is out of the copter, they are carrying it right now and the crowd seems to be going wild. And it seems the crowd is going WILD. Chanting "To Jerusalm", touching the coffin, and they are now losing control of it and it has stopped for now, its stop and go now.

posted on Nov, 12 2004 @ 06:37 AM
link   
Having a horrible time trying to make it through the crowd, this doesn't look good.

posted on Nov, 12 2004 @ 06:38 AM
link   
OMG they brought that casket out! SO far no one has tried to take it or been in any way destructive! What if it fell!?

posted on Nov, 12 2004 @ 06:38 AM
link   
Remeber that funerals can be an emotional time. Recall if you will the burial of the Ayatolla Kohmeni in Iran, his body was torn from the casket by well wishers.

posted on Nov, 12 2004 @ 06:39 AM
link   
people have climbed on the casket there are like 8 people on top of the casket as it is being carried away, some of those are police officers.

posted on Nov, 12 2004 @ 06:40 AM
link   
Coffin is now on the jeep, going through the crowd while they chant. it looks as if now they are going to make it to the burial site.

UPDATE: It now seems they are going to the compound.

posted on Nov, 12 2004 @ 06:40 AM
link   
They might even pull this off.

And now they've changed direction again..

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join