It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UN To US: Wait 4 Days Before Deciding On Military Strike

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 11:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bassago
reply to post by muse7

Give it a couple weeks or months.

Especially if others (Russia or Iran) become involved.

Personally I don't think anything will happen...there is too much to lose for this administration. Is it worth to bypass the U.N security council and the U.S. congress just to slap assad on the wrist?

I don't think so.

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 11:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by muse7
Anyone that is comparing this to the Iraq War is bonkers

This is not even in the same ball park, we're talking about a potential strike of cruise missiles and a few bombing sorties...the Iraq War consisted of 100,000+ U.S. soldiers on the ground invading a country.

a
The Iraq war started with the propaganda of WMDs and that we must take them out. It then built up into something bigger.

Do you have a crystal ball? Do you know what, as you say, is some simple missles and few bombings, will become from there? Bonkers? How about stop being so naive! Even if this new theater doesn't follow the iraq war scenario, doesn't mean it won't be deadly for many in that region including US military men.

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 11:36 AM
link   
reply to post by muse7

Let's hope you are right. Arrogance in the face of these serious threats though, is out of line, in my opinion.

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 11:48 AM
link   
reply to post by SunnyDee

Sunny D is right and war is on a very unpredicted scale and how bad the situation depends on the reaction of action taken in syria.

We can have only two bets on this either being the right or a wrong and disastrous move by the US and all the major key players are involved in this one.

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 11:48 AM
link   
IMO,

This is just a real life exercise between Russia and U.S. to test out, just how good these s300's are against missile strikes. Without having to actually go to War.

All at the expense of the Syrians.

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by all2human
Just goes to show they have the same puppet masters
change, my a$$

Examining the way Obama campaigned during 2008 -vs- his conduct after taking the White House leads me to believe that he is nothing more than a figurehead. Since 9/11 could not be accomplished without DoD, I'm betting that DoD/CIA and the federal reserve are calling the shots.

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 12:51 PM
link   
I think the moment has passed... There will be no strike.
The Us won't go without the UK and the Uk won't go without the Unites Nations.

No one is going to tolerate it and they know it...all a lot of hot air I think.

Maybe there will be an attack but as of today I seriously doubt it... the opposition to an attack is just too great.
imo

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 01:46 PM
link   
reply to post by rigel4

The UK and France both told the UN that it can be bypassed if needed.

The UN Security Council is divided, with Russia and China opposing military intervention and the UK and France warning that the UN could be bypassed if there was "great humanitarian need".

www.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 02:10 PM
link   
reply to post by rigel4

Look at the moon phases. The military likes to kick off under a new moon when it's nice and dark. That happens next week.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join