It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Evolution Vs. God

page: 48
<< 45  46  47   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 9 2013 @ 12:45 AM
link   

mrphilosophias

You know our solar system to not be designed?
edit on 24-9-2013 by mrphilosophias because: (no reason given)

Yes.

thanks, science!

posted on Oct, 9 2013 @ 12:52 AM
link   

mrphilosophias
to further reinforce my views that all creation from the subatomic, to the cellular; from the systems of the body to the bodies of the Universe reak of intelligent design consider this quote from James Rothman, one of three Nobel recipients for medicine this year:

""One of the major lessons in all of biochemistry, cell biology and molecular medicine is that when proteins operate at the subcellular level, they behave in a certain way as if they're mechanical machinery.""

source: news.yahoo.com...

"The fool says in his heart, "There is no God."

Psalm 14

edit on 7-10-2013 by mrphilosophias because: (no reason given)

Because machinery is created by us obviously it is going to, in a way, mimic what has designed it. That says absolutely nothing about us being created by a god. All it says is the universe creates itself and finds the most efficient way to continue creating. No god required!
edit on 10-9-13 by paradox because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2013 @ 01:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Blarneystoner

That's a cool idea about terraforming. Like preparing a planet for a higher purpose.

I wonder what the next Level of existence looks like!

reply to post by mrphilosophias

mrphilosophias
His research was "absolutely fascinating," he said.

"One of the major lessons in all of biochemistry, cell biology and molecular medicine is that when proteins operate at the subcellular level, they behave in a certain way as if they're mechanical machinery."

source: news.yahoo.com...

"The fool says in his heart, "There is no God."

Psalm 14

Very good find and quotes!

This is amazing!

For their discoveries of machinery regulating vesicle traffic,
a major transport system in our cells:
www.nobelprize.org/nobel_prizes/medicine/laureates/2013/press.html
www.nobelprize.org...

www.nobelprize.org/nobel_prizes/medicine/laureates/2013/med_image_press_eng.pdf
www.nobelprize.org...

Reactions will follow as expected.

Knowledge some are never meant to know...

posted on Oct, 9 2013 @ 08:31 AM
link   
reply to post by AbleEndangered

Reactions will follow as expected.

And what is this, that the evidence contradicts your cherished fables?
Trying to paint established science with the uncertainties inherent in emerging science is both deplorably shameful and a testament to how desperate creationist are, and how low they will stoop to attempt to buoy an inexorably sinking belief system.

Why is this, could it be that this knowledge is causing your favorite pixie to shrink?
Or is it because it's childishly simple for creo's to pick any complex biological process and assert out of your seemingly endless ignorance that it could not possibly have evolved, while it takes a considerable amount of time and effort for someone with intellectual integrity to research the field.

You appear to be unaware that directed in vitro protein evolution is an established and successful area of research, to such a degree that companies are producing patents, selling kits and even offering contract services in this area.

I almost feel sorry for you and your fellow creationists who are now forced to spend your days holding up a damn that's creaking and groaning against the unstoppable and ever-growing oceans of knowledge that science is producing. A damn that threatens every day to finally burst from the strain and consume you in the coming tsunami , sweeping you and your like away into the annals of history to be looked at and laughed at by generations to come as nothing more than strange curiosities.

posted on Oct, 9 2013 @ 02:20 PM
link   

Only those who close their eyes to it.

Does it mean, if you don’t understand something, and the community of physicists don’t understand it, that means God did it? Is that how you want to play this game? [...]. If that’s how you want to invoke your evidence for God, then God is an ever-receding pocket of scientific ignorance that’s getting smaller and smaller and smaller as time moves on - so just be ready for that to happen, if that’s how you want to come at the problem.
-- Neil deGrasse Tyson
edit on 9/10/2013 by iterationzero because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2013 @ 03:03 PM
link   

More arguments out of ignorance. Assuming that if there is an answer, you'll automatically know it. Somehow, I sincerely doubt that is the case.

posted on Jun, 26 2023 @ 08:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: SuperFrog

If your belief that it is the same thing, we would not be hit with different viruses of the fly all the time. Them being called flu has nothing to do with them being completely different viruses, belonging to the same type of virus.
Just imagine, if there was no evolution, we would not have any new viruses or sickens, for example AIDS, tuberculosis etc. Unless that was given when world was created.

I would love to be able to see some extinct animals back in life. No to let them lose, under controlled environment, of course.

As I said from beginning, you will not see one change in your lifespan, as it takes much longer for this to happen. Take a dog for example, what has been done in past 10k to dogs and how many different kinds of dog now we have, without genetically modifying dogs, just by breeding. Dog and wolf have split into to separate species about 100K years ago. They are still closely related, but they are 2 different species. Another example is human and chimpanzees. Do you know that chimpanzee is more close in genetics to humans then to other kind of primates? You not willing to see how we evolved, as well other animals, hope we can fix that.

First of all, you will never find all links in evolution, simply for most of them we are using in everyday life (fossil fuel, guess how it got it's name). But all what we found so far we are able to place in three of life forms, with many branches. I am sure you have seen that in books, but still probably think it is just theory, where in fact it is proven fact (that is what theory in evolution means).

Sorry if I ever offended you, it is not something I would like to do. We are talking about topic where you are trying to prove that all knowledge we are getting is not worth much because it is not written in your holy book. Neither is written that earth is not center of universe, we all know that there is no one above sky that follows all our movements (except NSA
, but that is different story) and that life is most likely not endemic form to earth.

Let me ask you another question. You mention something like other age and earth being only 10K old. Where do you have that in bible? Can you point out that? Also, when did big flood happen?

This is all these discussions ever amount-to : belief-system vs. belief-system.

Maya vs. Shiva, in a mesmerizing dance, that hypnotizes those who watch.

Where are all of the good folks that can see though this approach ?

posted on Jul, 16 2023 @ 08:59 AM
link   

edit on 16-7-2023 by Quintilian because: realised it was necro posting.

posted on Apr, 21 2024 @ 01:19 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Apr, 21 2024 @ 07:47 PM
link   
The answer is very simple.
It is both evolution and God.

There is no way to come back from the dead and tell anyone which one it is.

So it is both. Film at death.

Solves a lot of diatribes.

posted on Apr, 23 2024 @ 08:44 AM
link   
I can't bring myself to read all 40 pages of the same convos over and over again. I just want to know if anyone else feels they're all BS theories? There isn't proof god or evaluation exist. Fossil records are iffy because weather and materials. Ancient aliens sounds more realistic at this point.

posted on Apr, 23 2024 @ 06:49 PM
link   
a reply to: seekshelter

I may be able to save you some time.

For me, it's a false narrative. Comparing "God" with "Evolution" is like saying "Plato" vs. "Tangerines". For me there is no common denominator to form a basis of comparison. Evolution is a scientific endeavor which has a plethora of evidence to support its thesis. God is a faith-based diety of which a majority of the people on the planet believe in, in one form or another. They are not conflicting, not mutually exclusive, but can coexist with only a minimal amount of thought.

This is, of course, merely my opinion. I thought that if you cared enough to post, but didn't care enough to read, you might appreciate an abridged version from someone who has thought on this for the better part of 60 years. (I probably thought on it in some form when I was a younger than that, however I can't recall)_.

top topics

<< 45  46  47   >>

join