It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Evolution Vs. God

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 01:41 PM
link   
reply to post by edmc^2

Nothing is beyond Ray Comfort, the bananaman himself, inventor of the crocoduck! Through Ray Comfort, all things are possible.

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 01:43 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

Nor should they be!

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 01:47 PM
link   
Oooh weee... *gets popcorn!*

Come kids! Its on again, the show where creationist try using logic to disprove evolution and fail miserably.

*waits for the creationist punch line....*
edit on 8/28/2013 by luciddream because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 01:53 PM
link   
Here are a couple examples of the ways Ray Comfort manipulates in his videos:

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 01:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by iterationzero
reply to post by edmc^2

Nothing is beyond Ray Comfort, the bananaman himself, inventor of the crocoduck! Through Ray Comfort, all things are possible.

Yet none of the people interviewed proved their side. Mr. Comfort on the other hand simply gave them the "rope" to... you know what. And they willingly took the bait - how smart of them to be fooled by "bananaman".

I guess Mr. Comfort by your analogy have that much charm to fool them smart people - ya think?

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 01:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Vasa Croe

It seems like the OP got his tactics from the liar Ray "the banana man" Comfort.

In all his previous threads the points that he presented were decisively answered, yet he ignored them. Yet here the OP is again copying and pasting the same idiotic GIF's from religitard websites.

All in all its good because both of these liars are making more atheists than I could ever hope to.

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 02:05 PM
link   
reply to post by UnifiedSerenity

In my opinion, the documentary is unfair. It ignores crucial elements of the evolutionary process to humor the limitations of human observation. To put it simply, it begs the assumption that if we can't watch it happening, it's not real. And I know creationists will jump on that statement as a defense for their own case, but it's different in that on a larger scale, evidence can be successfully compiled in a solid case for evolution in a way that simply hasn't been recognized in the hands of creationists.

Just because you weren't there to watch the Wright brothers build their first successful airplane, doesn't mean that you can't go back and see all the evidence and documentation that supports the process by which we've developed airliners. All of the cases opposing evolution are far weaker than the theory of evolution itself, which means that evolutionary theory, flawed though it is, is still the best theory we have to date.

And that's really the bottom line. No one has compiled a theory that is scientifically superior to evolution. We've been over this again and again. Because evolutionary theory is flawed, some people apparently believe we must scrap it and humor a theory that is even more flawed - and more to the point, offers no reason to believe it should hold priority.
edit on 28-8-2013 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 02:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Wertdagf

Yes....my point is exactly this...he does the same thing in one of the videos I posted. It is him interviewing people and all you see is his microphone in front of them....he is never there. He interviews them and asks them a question to which he will get a specific response. He then takes it back to the editing room and dubs a new question over the old one to make the response fit his agenda. The reason he won't release the cut versions is precisely this....he is a liar and is trying to promote his agenda.

From my first video posted I just shot a huge hole in the OP's belief system. By that I mean that if the OP, or any creationist for that matter, uses Ray Comfort as a stepping stone to push creation then they are using lies to further an agenda and I posted proof of that.

edit on 8/28/13 by Vasa Croe because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 02:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Vasa Croe

I wondered about that, but I don't automatically assume the interviewer is trying to pull a fast one. Granted, most legit videos of this kind do show the entire questioning process - both the person asking the question, and the person answering it, without cutting anything out. Hell, the guy who made an idiot out of WBC did that. He was on camera and anything, even while he held a sex toy in his hand pretending it was a microphone.

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 02:10 PM
link   
Originally posted by seabag

That’s simply your opinion. 84% of the world population has faith (1/3 are Christians). You’re in the minority, friend.

And nearly 50% of the world is considered uneducated. Those who don't know better will believe what you tell them... especially if God will smite them for disobeying. Fear is something everyone believes in, and Christianity uses that to its advantage.

And being the majority doesn't necessarily mean you're right. it means you've reached more people and convinced them of your belief. Nazi's were the majority in Germany... I think you can see where I'm going with that one.

But anyway, you want proof of evolution? Here it is...

Pesticide Resistance

Insects EVOLVE to become immune to pesticides. This can happen in a matter of weeks. I used to be involved in horticulture and witnessed this first hand. If you don't hit them hard the first time, you lose the battle because with such short life cycles, they EVOLVE very quickly.

There it is, evolution exists. It is observable, testable and provable. That's called science.

Insects can evolve in a few weeks, imagine what happens after 100 million years.
edit on 8/28/2013 by scojak because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 02:11 PM
link   

Dang!

Why can't people focus on the topic. They keep attacking the messenger instead of the message.

Why oh why?

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 02:12 PM
link   

If there is no such thing as evolution, why do people need to get flu shots ever year? Why is it that we hear about new types of bird flu every year that get more and more dangerous (H7N7)? Why is that the overuse of antibiotics is leading to bacterial infections that are getting harder to treat over time, some becoming antibiotic resistant?

Here is one i heard about a while back that i though was pretty interesting

Cars and trucks thundering down the road in southwestern Nebraska stand a much lower chance today of smacking a cliff swallow than they did in the 1980s, according to a new study that suggests the birds have evolved shorter wings to pivot away from oncoming traffic.

The adaptation is important for the birds’ survival given that they nest by the thousands under bridges and overpasses there, noted Charles Brown, a biologist at the University of Tulsa in Oklahoma who regularly drives those same roads to and from a nearby research station.

"The decline in road kill is very real," he told NBC News. "What’s causing it is more a matter of speculation."

He and colleague Mary Bomberger Brown from the University of Nebraska, Lincoln, know for a fact that the bird population overall has shorter wings today than it did when the researchers first started studying it in 1982 and the road-killed birds have longer wings than average.

Source

Here we have evidence of evolution that has taken place in the last 30 years. Evolution on a larger scale can take millions of years. So, yeah, you are not going to see large scale evolution in your life time and with less than 3000 years of documented history most of which is barely verifiable.

Can you show one bit of real evidence of creationism? Inserting your God in as an unsupported answer out of ignorance is not evidence. Citing a book, then using that book to confirm the validity of the very same book is not evidence. Please provide real, tangible evidence that supports creationism and we can have this discussion. Until then, please save your fairy tales for your fellow creationists and stop with the weekly re-runs of the same nonsense.

DC
edit on 8/28/2013 by xDeadcowx because: typo

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 02:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by edmc^2

Dang!

Why can't people focus on the topic. They keep attacking the messenger instead of the message.

Why oh why?

I just showed you why in the videos I posted. Ray Comfort is only out to push an agenda and has been proven over and over again to use fraudulent practices to do so. Why would anyone stay on topic of a video that is obviously edited to push an agenda and garner hype?

You keep suggesting that everyone just bury their heads in the sand to this....and not look at the whole picture. Again.....seems like the creationist motto.....believe and have faith, even when the lie is blatant and proof is given.

I am sure you could post dozens of videos, but there only needs to be one that proves Ray is a liar and a fraud, and I posted two. You know the old saying fool me once shame on you, fool me twice......well maybe as a creationist that saying is lost on you.

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 02:34 PM
link   

Evolution V's God

Evo wins............by default

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 02:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vasa Croe

Originally posted by edmc^2

Dang!

Why oh why?

I just showed you why in the videos I posted. Ray Comfort is only out to push an agenda and has been proven over and over again to use fraudulent practices to do so. Why would anyone stay on topic of a video that is obviously edited to push an agenda and garner hype?

You keep suggesting that everyone just bury their heads in the sand to this....and not look at the whole picture. Again.....seems like the creationist motto.....believe and have faith, even when the lie is blatant and proof is given.

I am sure you could post dozens of videos, but there only needs to be one that proves Ray is a liar and a fraud, and I posted two. You know the old saying fool me once shame on you, fool me twice......well maybe as a creationist that saying is lost on you.

"fool me once shame on you, fool me twice......shame on atheist-evolutionist for letting Mr. Comfort fool them!!!

Hahaha...

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 02:54 PM
link   
reply to post by edmc^2

Yet none of the people interviewed proved their side. Mr. Comfort on the other hand simply gave them the "rope" to... you know what. And they willingly took the bait - how smart of them to be fooled by "bananaman".

I guess Mr. Comfort by your analogy have that much charm to fool them smart people - ya think?

I'm not clear how he's "fooling" people by editing the audio tracks of his videos so it appears that they're responding to a question they were never asked. Watch the videos that Vasa Croe posted earlier in this thread. Looks like the only fools are the ones that continue to believe that someone like Ray Comfort should be taken at face value.

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 02:58 PM
link   
Attention!

Please stick to the topic...and refrain from personal commentary.

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 02:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by UnifiedSerenity
I like the example that believing in evolution with its vast improbability is the same as believing a tornado could hit a massive junkyard and when it leaves an hour later a perfect able to fly 747 would be left in it's wake. Most pro-evolution people hate this example because it is exactly what they believe happened millions of years ago. How can you create something from nothing? How can you get life from non-life. And if we being so intelligent cannot create life, then how can it just happen by accident.

How many times do people need to tell you that abiogenesis and evolution aren't the same thing? This is why evolutionist just roll their eyes when they see these threads. You refuse to learn the opposing argument and argue falsehoods and strawmans as a means of disproving evolution. The whole requiring faith to believe in evolution is nonsense, because while we can't observe it happening there is residual evidence that can be observed and compiled.

If evolution is a lie, then please provide a more sound theory with more corroborating evidence. I'd be happy to believe it if you provided it. I certainly won't stop believing that evolution is true to believe in something with FAR less evidence to its veracity is true (creationism).

This is the chief problem with creationists. The whole crux of your argument is disproving evolution while not providing any proof of your theory. Even if your wild claims were correct, all you have succeeded in showing is that both creationism and evolution is wrong and that a third unthought of reason is the cause of the current state of life on this planet.

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 03:02 PM
link   
I think Krazysh0t nailed it. If you want my opinion, refer to the post above mine, in conjunction with my first post in this thread.
edit on 28-8-2013 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 03:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by iterationzero
reply to post by edmc^2

I'm not clear how he's "fooling" people by editing the audio tracks of his videos so it appears that they're responding to a question they were never asked. Watch the videos that Vasa Croe posted earlier in this thread. Looks like the only fools are the ones that continue to believe that someone like Ray Comfort should be taken at face value.

On topic - people interviewed did not provide an ounce of evidence to prove that evolution is an observable fact - it's based on imagination as one of the scientist admitted.

Only a fool can be fooled twice by a "bananaman".

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join