It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So what do you eat on a daily basis?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 09:17 AM
link   
Hi Everyone,

A thought came into my head... what do everyone eat in their normal days. The TV tells us what we should eat but we never go around other people's house to see what they eat on a daily basis.

About 8-9 months ago, i started eating healthy.. i cut down sugar and fast foods, watch which type of fat i consume, rest is not really a big change. Altho i had lowered the amount i eat per sitting.

There is no right or wrong answers...i just want to know the truth! so don't "brush up" on the eating habits just for this threat!

This is how my daily routine goes...

Monday to Friday:

Morning(7:15am)Eat pair of toast(white.. i know i know) with peanut butter, a banana and cup of warm tea.

Lunch(11:45am) Usually a piece of meat, fruit salad and something startchy like sandwich, or pasta etc.

Dinner(6:00pm) Usually Rice or Pasta or other doughy stuff with a vege or meat side.

Last snack(9:00pm) Instant noodles/raman usually.

Weekends:

Weekends usually involves higher food intake then other days.. and mainly meat.

My Dinner is usually bigger or equal to lunch, but my breakfast is very small.

What about you guys...?

The point behind this? i just want to know if im eating "normally".

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 09:25 AM
link   
My wife and I recently bought a vitamix.

She introduced me to "green" smoothies made with a crap ton of veggies and a little fruit.

Let me tell you, after a week of that (two meals of that a day and dinner with normal snack) I had no idea what eating properly does for digestion...

Besides that one thing, I feel great, waking up earlier, having more energy all around. I am the type that IS NOT a mourning person at all.

After doing a mix of the smoothies I find I can't sleep past 6:30 am, have found myself up earlier wandering the house looking for stuff to do.

Even changed my sleeping habits, Normally cruze ATS from 11pm-4am, now I am getting to bed at reasonable times.

AND to top it all of, I wasn't eating "bad" before, I just wasn't eating several fist full of veggies a day.

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 09:36 AM
link   
reply to post by benrl

Nice!

I have aso noticed drinking stuff with pulp and or eating actual food helps with digestion(i was one of those kids that had trouble digestion food when i was young). I stopped drinking 100% liquid juice...

Those juice does not have the time needed to get observed into the body.. just goes down you pee.

How do you normally eat? is your breakfast bigger than lunch or dinner?

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 09:38 AM
link   
4500 calories a day.

50% Protein, 30% Carbs, 20% Fats.

7:00 Breakfast
10:00 Breakfast 2
1:00 Dinner
3:30 Light lunch
6:00 Shake before gym
8:30 Tea
10:30 Bed time shake.

I eat LOADS!

While I'm typing I'm eating my sweet potato with cottage cheese and sitting my Whey Isolate with milk

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 09:42 AM
link   
reply to post by n00bUK

Awesome, i sense a weight lifter or body builder!.

i go to gym about 3x a week, mainly to keep me in shape, and lose a bit here and there(fat in the ab section is hard as hell to lose).

4500 calories! wow! i know, most of them are mainly from protein, which is good if you go to gym.

How much do you think you burn off per day at gym?

Are you going to be like this forever(or until ur body is not able)? that's a touch routine to maintain.

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 09:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by luciddream
reply to post by benrl

Nice!

I have aso noticed drinking stuff with pulp and or eating actual food helps with digestion(i was one of those kids that had trouble digestion food when i was young). I stopped drinking 100% liquid juice...

Those juice does not have the time needed to get observed into the body.. just goes down you pee.

How do you normally eat? is your breakfast bigger than lunch or dinner?

Depends on what I am in the mood for, I am suplimenting two meals for various "green" smoothies.

So My main meal is what ever Id normally eat (And I do mean what ever, if I want a steak im eating a GD steak.), with snacks of various things through out the day like string cheese or apples.

Some smoothies examples.
Cocanut water
Kale
collard greens
apple
banana.
Green Tea.
Spinach
Acai
Mixed berries.
Bolkchoy
cucumber
orange
banana.

Really the smoothies consist of anything the VItamix can blend, the damn things amazing, you can even cook an egg, or soup in it just from the friction caused by the blades high RPM .

Yeah I have some diverticulitis and have digestion problems partly caused by circulation problems, I am finding myself feeling healthier than I have in a long while.

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 09:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by luciddream
reply to post by n00bUK

Awesome, i sense a weight lifter or body builder!.

i go to gym about 3x a week, mainly to keep me in shape, and lose a bit here and there(fat in the ab section is hard as hell to lose).

4500 calories! wow! i know, most of them are mainly from protein, which is good if you go to gym.

How much do you think you burn off per day at gym?

Are you going to be like this forever(or until ur body is not able)? that's a touch routine to maintain.

I'll always go to the gym but maybe my goals will change. Right now I'm trying to get a body like a greek god, and I'm on the right track haha. I'v been training for 3 years now and it only gets harder lol.

It is a high calorie intake but I'm tryign to gain weight, i'll cut down for next summer and maybe enter some competitions.

More people should go to the gym, like you, even just to keep trimmed and stay healthy

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 09:55 AM
link   
Honestly--Im horrified to tell---

Coffee, Coke

I have dinner..the normal meatloaf, spaghetti, stir-fry, typical american dinners..whatever.

But from the time I wake up until the kids and hubs get home I have coffee and coke and really nothing else.
I just don't get hungry. I'm not over weight or under weight..(im 5'9 and weigh 132lbs) and when I had yearly checkup with blood work they said they were near perfect. No abnormalities in blood taken...Perfect health..

The only thing body wise that goes on is that I'm am always extremely cold..even in 90F I will get goosebumps and have to wear a jacket...I hate air conditioning. I am also sleepy and feel tired and get exhausted by the end of the day..but I think that is over mental stress..

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 09:57 AM
link   
Breakfast, always porridge and a banana, with a black coffee.

Pretty much a sandwich for lunch most days. Normally cheese and branston pickle, or I treat myself to a roast beef and horseradish.

Dinner, is pretty much your bog standard meat and two veg. All washed down with a bag of Haribo.

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 10:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Neopan100

I remember my streak of coke and chips... my room use to be full of them... but every morning i use to feel" greasy"...eventually i stopped it.

I even remember i use to drink coke and fall asleep without brushing teeth.. all those wasted enamels i will never get back.

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 10:51 AM
link   
My eating cycles have really been chaotic these couple of months due to reasons I cannot speak about at the moment.

Pre-breakfast~ Coffee and ATS

Breakfast (not hungry)~ 2 boiled eggs, preferably with some super crispy bacon
on a side of some ripe tomatoe slices topped with sour cream.

Lunch ~ I'll usually make me a sandwich or two with some veggies, that is, if I eat...

Dinner~
I haven't had a legit dinner for the past 6 months...maybe once or twice.

Around 9ish I may have my "dinner"...fruits, and some other snacks later on at night.

Due to my poor habits, I lost a lot weight and am reminded all the time by people around me to eat more and take care of myself. They think I'm intentionally not eating, which isn't the case. Thing is, I burn more calories that I take.

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 11:33 AM
link   
reply to post by PurpleVortex

Its good you stuck to the boiled egg version instead of the "common" fried egg.

Make sure the weight you lose it fat and not muscle.

Dinner is always been the issue... when is it too late for dinner.

I guess it is always depends on the individuals sleep time.

Some people have a saying, "No carbs after 6pm" but i would assume this was said in relation to the old sleep at 9pm schedule... people now a days sleep at 11pm, 12am... i can't sleep until 1am(it has been like that for 10 yrs).

A good rule i use is, no full meal 4 hours before sleeping, snacks(fruits, peanuts etc) are okay tho.

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 12:11 PM
link   
Unfortunately I lost muscle and its very noticeable.

Fortunately, I have a fast metabolism and never had to think twice about eating that chocolate cake at midnight or some other high calorie treat that will have me gain weight...NEVER!

I'm lucky in that department, but not so much in others

Your thread is a great reminder for me personally, to look into my eating habits a bit more seriously.

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 11:32 PM
link   
reply to post by luciddream

Candy. I love sour candy and fruit like candy.

Wonka specifically is my favorite candy company. I know it's bad for me but it's soooo good.

-SAP-

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 06:46 AM
link   
Hi,

On daily basis I take proper diet and always I go through this site because this sites having lots of wonderful recipes which help me a lot. Healthy recipes

edit on 29-8-2013 by wilsongrace1111 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 04:24 PM
link   

I wake up around 6am and the coffee starts at 6:30am. It's on an auto timer. I have 1-2 cups. For breakfast I either have cereal like Special K, Chex, Kix, Cheerios or Mini Wheats or I make an omelet and some toast or I just have toast. It depends on the little one and what he allows me to make. lol If he takes a nap after feeding I go full out for breakfast. It's my favorite meal of the day when I get to make it.

For lunch I have leftovers or I make a sandwich. Sometimes I miss lunch due to being too busy to stop and eat so I just have some pita chips or a banana.

For dinner i have whatever my heart desires. Tonight I'm having cubed steak and I'm making a mushroom grave with some wild rice and veggies on the side.

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 04:31 PM
link   
I have become a health freak lately. I used to eat fast food and before that junk food. Now I eat all kinds of veggies, fruits, red meats, etc. Omg it's sooooooo good.

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 07:41 PM
link   
I start the day with fruit and Cuban espresso.

Lunch, usually fish/chicken and rabbit food --- sometimes pasta salad.

Dinner, usually protein (beef, pork, chicken or fish) vegetables and an adult beverage.

Dessert -- usually fruit and nuts. We eat a lot of acerola cherries/mango/papaya.

I don't know if this is particularly healthy -- it's just what me and m'Bride like; we're old enough to not want to bend to what is fashionable -- we just eat what we want.

posted on Sep, 30 2013 @ 09:08 AM
link   

I am keeping a food journal these days...so I will give an example of a couple days of eating.

Day 1

Homemade spinach and kale pie

Broiled turkey patty

Homemade oven fries

Avocado

Yogurt

Homemade vegan split pea soup

Day 2

Baked cod

One potato pancake

Spinach salad

Banana

Dates

posted on Oct, 13 2013 @ 11:51 PM
link   
I eat pork with carrots, red cabbage and parsnips, maybe onion and mushrooms. I eat chicken usually in a macaroni, and I'll eat a steak sirloin with yam and brussel sprouts.

I have 4 meals a day usually, 8oz portions of meat per meal, about 2 pounds in total.

I limit carbs to about 100 grams at most, on a good day.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join