It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What constitutes the perfect bacon sandwich ?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 03:49 PM
link   
My mouth watered when I seen the title!

The perfect bacon sandwich.

2 slices of white bread

A little bit of mayo.

Two slices of alvacado

Once slice of guda (smoked)

Pepper.

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 04:04 PM
link   
Plenty of bacon, fried.
Dip bread in frying pan to soak up juices / fat etc.
Slight spreading of butter on bread.
Add Brown Sauce to taste, preferably Daddies Brown Sauce but HP is an acceptable alternative - ketchup is strictly forbidden on pain of death on bacon butties / growlers.
Place bacon in bread - simple, but the perfect bacon butty.

Occasionally add fried egg - yolk must be runny - sometimes mushrooms and every once in a while add grated cheese on top and grill.

Before a heavy session on the drink a Full English Breakfast is mandatory.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 04:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Freeborn

Just curious....what is "brown sauce"?

The things coming to mind are anything but savory.

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 04:33 PM
link   
it has to be smoked bacon on thick white bread with HP sauce. quick and simple. never ruin your bacon sandwich by drowning it with the stuff or adding unnecessary cheese or pickles. just bacon - smocked and a touch of HP.

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 04:46 PM
link   
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

Must admit, never thought of it like that - it's sometimes very easy to take it for granted that people from other country's know what regional delicacies and tastes are.

en.wikipedia.org...

Daddies is my personal favourite - reading the Wiki entry for Brown Sauce reminded me of OK Sauce, I haven't had that for many a year, used to really like it back when I lived at home with my parents many moons ago.

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 04:50 PM
link   
British style back bacon with ketchup, because I grew up with it. Don't like the thin crispy American stuff and never much been a fan of brown sauce.

Lettuce, tomatos or any other actual vegetables are out of the question

The best sandwiches are those cheap steak canadian things everybody used to eat back in the day (British members will know what I'm on about) but I don't think you can get those now after the horse meat scandal shut down one of the big suppliers... all the sandiwch shops seem to be serving actual sliced steak; yuck

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 04:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by bigfatfurrytexan

It's simply delicious oh furry one

HP Sauce is a brown sauce[1] originally produced by HP Foods in the UK, now produced by the H. J. Heinz Company in the Netherlands. It is the best-known brand of brown sauce in the United Kingdom in 2005 with 73.8% of the retail market in the UK.[2] HP Sauce has a malt vinegar base, blended with tomato, dates, tamarind extract, sweetener and spices.[3][4] It usually is used as a condiment with hot or cold savoury food, or as an ingredient in soups or stews.

Brown sauce

Cody

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 04:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Freeborn

Must admit, never thought of it like that - it's sometimes very easy to take it for granted that people from other country's know what regional delicacies and tastes are.

en.wikipedia.org...

Daddies is my personal favourite - reading the Wiki entry for Brown Sauce reminded me of OK Sauce, I haven't had that for many a year, used to really like it back when I lived at home with my parents many moons ago.

You had that reggae reggae sauce by Levi Roots? You might like it if you're a brown sauce fan. Tastes to me like brown sauce with a bit of chili sauce thrown in

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 04:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by cody599

Originally posted by bigfatfurrytexan

It's simply delicious oh furry one

HP Sauce is a brown sauce[1] originally produced by HP Foods in the UK, now produced by the H. J. Heinz Company in the Netherlands. It is the best-known brand of brown sauce in the United Kingdom in 2005 with 73.8% of the retail market in the UK.[2] HP Sauce has a malt vinegar base, blended with tomato, dates, tamarind extract, sweetener and spices.[3][4] It usually is used as a condiment with hot or cold savoury food, or as an ingredient in soups or stews.

Brown sauce

Cody

Americans have something called "steak sauce" which is meant to taste fairly similar but I've never had it.

I think the A1 steak sauce they eat in the States is meant to be like HP but a little sweeter

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 04:59 PM
link   
reply to post by cody599

Sounds like it is similar to A-1 Sauce (or "steak sauce"). maybe Heinz 57.

Down here in Texas there are really only 3 sauces: salsa, country gravy, or ranch.

I make a lot of aioli at home (love the garlic). I am not a "normal" Texan.

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 05:54 PM
link   
Save that bacon grease people! It makes some good home made gravy!!!!

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 06:01 PM
link   
reply to post by buster2010

Hey, don't knock it until you try it.

OK, truth be told it's actually heinous. But I did want to mention it does in fact exist.

But I didn't care for it at all- definitely not by itself and not in sandwiches, soups, or salads either. It's pretty gross. lol

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 06:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tylerdurden1
Save that bacon grease people! It makes some good home made gravy!!!!

Refried beans.

Take your leftover pintos or black beans. Smash them up and make it into a "poi" type consistency with bacon grease and some of the bean liquid. Simple as that.

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 06:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Tylerdurden1

As well as yummy treats for pooches! Can't remember the recipe, making dog treats with bacon grease helps keep their coats soft and shiny.

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 06:48 PM
link   

Yum!

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 09:24 PM
link   
reply to post by cody599

un-smoked streaky bacon?
back bacon?
thick center cut Applewood smoked bacon?
jowl bacon?
Dry-cured, outdoor bred, rare breed is definitely the best IMO?

You people know WAY too much about bacon!

I like the one that comes in a sealed package at the store.

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 11:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by abeverage
Take 3 pieces of bacon and place them between a couple slices of bacon, then smother that in rich, juicy bacon...

That is the PERFECT Bacon sandwich!

edit on 28-8-2013 by abeverage because: (no reason given)

My thoughts to basically. Here's my step by step.

Step 1 - Cook an entire pack of bacon. (or as many packs as you want).

Step 2 - Once the bacon is cooked, let cool for a little while so you don't burn yourself.

Step 3 - Gently organize bacon close together.

Step 4 - Aggressively grab an overflowing handful of bacon and shove it in your mouth.

Step 5 - Take off the top of a bottle of maple syrup and violently pour it directly into your mouth as you are chewing the bacon.

Step 6 - Swallow that delicious mix of fun. Quickly drink a beer to wash the remnants down into the stomach.

Step 7 - Repeat all above steps.

*Don't forget to clean up and brush your teeth after. (the maple syrup does leave some sticky spots).

edit on 28-8-2013 by buni11687 because: (no reason given)

edit on 29-8-2013 by buni11687 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 01:38 AM
link   
"What constitutes the perfect bacon sandwich ?"

Your premise is false from the get-go. You're implying that one can screw up a bacon sandwich

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 06:15 AM
link   
reply to post by NarcolepticBuddha

You never tried my ex wife's cooking did you

It took me years to get the concept of brown is ready black is burnt into her head

Cody

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 07:50 AM
link   
Pickapeppa is an even sweeter Jamaican version of the brown sauce/ A1 condiment.
I've never tried it on bacon, but it is now on my list.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join