It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking: UK drafts UN resolution blaming Assad for chemical attacks.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 05:10 AM
link   
Apparently the UK has just issued a UN resolution declaring Assad is responsible for chemical attacks in Syria. Did I miss some information regarding proof that chemical weapons had been used? Are the UN still there investigating?

All seems a bit contrived.

rt.com...
edit on 28-8-2013 by Charlyboy because: punctuation

www.bbc.co.uk...
edit on 28-8-2013 by Charlyboy because: updated links

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 05:13 AM
link   
That could've been posted in one of the numerous threads already existing..

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 05:13 AM
link   
From what I've heard the US is just waiting for the UN Inspectors to leave Syria in order to launch a bombing campaign.

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 05:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Hellas

Well I did have a scout around and didn't see it. However as you say there are numerous threads regarding this current situation.

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 05:16 AM
link   
reply to post by muse7

I am surprised they bothered waiting, perhaps they will catch them with "friendly fire' on their way in to Turkey?

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 05:29 AM
link   
I saw Cameron on the BBC news last night and as far as he seemed to be concerned, there was no question Assad was personally responsible, probably launched them himself! All the evidence was in, no question about it... when can we go bomb them?

Of course, they have no evidence, nothing at all, but that doesn't matter.
Bottom line, they are going to bomb Syria and remove Assad anyway, no matter what anyone else thinks, as that is what is required of them and repeating the same lies over and over again is their way of justifying it all.

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 05:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Britguy

I wonder how long it will be before someone retaliates with force against the US and its Allies. I am assuming the majority of the public are sick to death of this behaviour?

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 05:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Hellas

Seriously? You drove by to give your opinion on a member posting an up to date news item.

Why? Does that make you feel superior?

You could have just went about your business.

No one was bothering you.

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 05:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Charlyboy

Oh yeah, I am sick and tired of the IEDs exploding when I go to drop my kids of at school. What is even more infuriating is those CWs during Back to School night.
edit on 28-8-2013 by GrantedBail because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 05:37 AM
link   
reply to post by GrantedBail

Ahhhh yeah I see your point
)

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 05:44 AM
link   

Charlie, I am having a hard time figuring out what you mean. You don't owe me anything but could you clarify?

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 05:44 AM
link   
Daily Fail Article taken from a website "Foreign Policy"(?), so pinch of salt.

The U.S is confident that Syria was behind the deadly chemical weapons attack after intercepting a phone call from a Syrian defence chief demanding an explanation from its chemical weapon military unit for the action, according to new claims.

Just hours after the attack last Wednesday an official at the Syrian Ministry of Defense exchanged panicked phone calls with a leader of the unit, demanding answers, according to website Foreign Policy.

The phone call was intercepted by U.S spies according to the website, and is now the reason that America is confident that it was carried out by the regime - the U.S. has signaled that it will soon strike Syria in response.

Maher al-Assad, a feared figure within the regime, has not been seen for more than a year, but an Israeli television channel has alleged that he was behind the attack.

The commander of the 10,000 strong Republican Guard and the Fourth Armoured Division Maher has been a core figure in Syria's two and half year civil war.

The Channel 2 news report claimed that the shelling originated from the base of the Fourth Armoured Division, just south of Damascus.

Daily Mail

edit on 28-8-2013 by skitzspiricy because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 05:46 AM
link   
They made it quite clear last night, it would take the inspectors weeks to find out who used the chemical weapons, but we want to get them out before Sunday, meaning they can't complete their inspection, which means doubt will forever remain over who used the chemical weapons.

Why is the UK so gung ho over this issue? It seems like we can't wait to get the cruise missiles fired up. Who does Cameron think he is, leading the campaign from a beach in Cornwall.

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 05:49 AM
link   
reply to post by woodwardjnr

False, it has been made clear from the start that the UN inspectors tasks are simply to acknowledge the use of a Chemical attack. They aren't allowed to find out who was responsible, its not their task.

And besides, Kerry made it clear that what ever the result is from the UN inspectors, they know its was Assad.

So yeah, this is just a formality.

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 05:51 AM
link   
reply to post by GrantedBail

I assumed you were employing sarcasm. Well at least I hoped you were. I sometimes forget people have "normal" lives that divert their attention.

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 05:55 AM
link   
Yes...i'm disgusted at the deaths caused as a result of these attempt at framing Assad for using CW's, and beyond that, am seriously worried for our species survival. Sounds overly dramatic, but it isn't really.

This WILL escalate beyond Syria. Russia WILL side with Syria and Iran against us, as WILL China and their combined allies.

I say against 'us', but the majority of 'us' know this whole thing is a ridiculously contrived conspiracy, so 'us' isn't our country's people, but our country's bent politicians.

They'll be safe and sound in a 'command bunker' somewhere when this goes global, whereas 'us' will be exposed, out in the open with missiles and WMD raining down upon us and our families from afar.

I only hope that if it does come to that, and it very well might do, the Russians, Iranians or Chinese target U.G. bases and hidaways first.

If they want to bring this on our heads for whatever they think the reasons are...then it's only justice that they are in the crap and face their families being exterminated alongside the rest of us and ours.

Where is the sanity?

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 05:57 AM
link   
I think we are going back to see if we can find those WMD we could not find before. (Yep I know a different country, but you know, WMD can easily be moved, we know that cause they were not where we said they were the last time looking!)

Once again our leader seems to be following his superior! Yes sir, of course sir, no question sir. Looks like, when it all goes pear shaped, it will be the UK's fault it all started.

Wonder what France's part in all this is, they seem rather keen on starting something, but will they back that up?

Scary days ahead.

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 05:59 AM
link   
reply to post by woodwardjnr

I guess this is when the spider web gets weaved so we have no idea of the truth anymore. Actually come to think of it I have started thinking I never had a clue what the truth was. I mean is this really about oil? Iran? territory? I guess nothing beats a global financial problem like a good war. Better print some more money so we can protect our country by creating generations of hateful middle east folk coz we murdered their parents. Its embarrassing being human sometimes....

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 06:05 AM
link   
Anything come in on Russia's latest or have the backed down silently ?

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 06:11 AM
link   

This particular rabbit hole is so deep and has so many off shoots that even the most intelligent of us couldn't find the real truth. I sometimes wonder whether TPTB even remember what their official end game agenda is.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join