It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Young Thug Gets a Taste of His Own Medicine

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 04:40 PM
link   
Yet more sadness brought upon by reading an article off of ATS I knew there was no reason to read. I'm addicted to nonsense......

Anyway, this is just going to keep happening more and more often as more and more people begin to arm themselves. Those numbers are going up in all concealed states, not dropping.

Maybe one day we will teach our children how to spread love instead of fear and hate. Maybe one day we will stay connected in our lives; with ourselves and our emotions so that we can be aware parents to serve as role models for our children. Too many disconnected people in America today. Disconnected either as drug addicts, alcoholics, rat racer's who don't spend any time with their children because they are too busy keeping up with the Jones. Reality Tv shows, video games, facebook, twitter, etc etc etc too many reasons to list of ways to be checked out people and parents. This is why society is where it is today, and it's very hard to argue. It's easy to make excuses though, and that is what the sheeple of America have become experts at. A sign of unconscious, ego driven behavior.

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 04:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by CJCrawley
What's not "rational" about it?

Is it not true that African Americans are massively over-represented in crime figures......or was that some malicious factoid being spread around the interweb by them pesky white racists?

So, not irrational or "ignorant" (thanks for that).

However, I apologise if I have offended your delicate political sensibilities.
I'm not offended by your ignorance, I'm just disappointed in it. Nice try to trying to deflect from your racism though.

While that factoid is true, it's also true that some people who bring up that statistic do so out of racism against blacks (ie your post), whose research into the subject probably started and ended there.

So yes, while you're right that blacks are over-represented in crime figures, it doesn't change the fact that I'm right about you being a racist. You don't get to say all blacks are criminals because of a cherry picked statistic. Being black doesn't magically make you a criminal. There are blacks out there who aren't criminals, as shocking as that factoid may be to you.
edit on 28-8-2013 by technical difficulties because: (no reason given)

edit on Wed Aug 28 2013 by DontTreadOnMe because: Quote Crash Course

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 04:57 PM
link   

But they are limited in what they can or cannot do in a fight which just isn't the case in a street fight?
No eye gouging etc. No rules in the real world.

I don't mind if you're making fun of me, I mean it's somewhat expected, this is the internet, and you have this view that maybe i'm an internet commando of sorts, that's cool.

Self-defense is the one thing I actually studied in my life though, thoroughly, for years.
It's not something I actively show off, this is sort of the only time i'm able to mention it.

It's not that situational awareness is 'paranormal', it's a method of staying alive in my mind.
I don't trust people enough to go out into the world without it fully engaged on my surroundings.
I'm not going to allow some shady looking character walk right up to me without profiling them first.

I'm not saying I could take people on with projectile weapons and the like,
you are trying to say that for me apparently.
What I am saying is some punk with a taser isn't getting near me close enough to get a hit off in the first place simply due to observations based on prevention, which in your mind instantly means Asian dance??

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 05:08 PM
link   

You really can't say someone's post is ignorant and then cry racist when they point out a fact...
edit on 28-8-2013 by Superhans because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 05:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by yourmaker

What I am saying is some punk with a taser isn't getting near me close enough to get a hit off in the first place simply due to observations based on prevention, which in your mind instantly means Asian dance??

Yes, because you will do the dance dance revolution on him before he even gets close enough to use that taser. The preemptive self defense is a classic

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 05:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Superhans

Originally posted by yourmaker

Yes, because you will do the dance dance revolution on him before he even gets close enough to use that taser. The preemptive self defense is a classic

Not fighting at all is much more efficient.

This is where parkour comes in.
I can already visualize the massive eye-roll as you read this.

Pre-emptive anything does not work for me.
I learned that a counter is your best option. You wait for the moment of their attack, if at all.
You strike when they are mid-motion.
Any human being is vulnerable in this moment, including myself which is why you'll never see me making the first punch. But mostly cause you don't know me.

Avoiding the fight is the real winner.

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 05:21 PM
link   
I think that kid that got 18 months should have stayed in longer, I don't know if the kind of person who would do that could really reform. But it's weird, I'm a dumb kid, same age, living in a really poor area with all the things a place like that tends to bring and I've never heard of this, thought of this, or saw anyone ever doing this.. are there more articles about it floating around?

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 05:26 PM
link   
reply to post by yourmaker

This is where parkour comes in. I can already visualize the massive eye-roll as you read this.

So you make your assassins creed get away when you see someone who MIGHT be a threat?

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 05:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Imightknow
Yet more sadness brought upon by reading an article off of ATS I knew there was no reason to read. I'm addicted to nonsense......

Anyway, this is just going to keep happening more and more often as more and more people begin to arm themselves. Those numbers are going up in all concealed states, not dropping.

These things need to be posted to make individuals aware of what's going on. The MSM don't report it and the Local news is hesitant on reporting it for fear of backlash. They hate to report it because of the racial discrepancy, and with todays "culture", it's taboo to talk about things like that, because it's "racist".

link   

Originally posted by dokuno
I think that kid that got 18 months should have stayed in longer, I don't know if the kind of person who would do that could really reform. But it's weird, I'm a dumb kid, same age, living in a really poor area with all the things a place like that tends to bring and I've never heard of this, thought of this, or saw anyone ever doing this.. are there more articles about it floating around?

Happens a lot, bored kids beating people up at random not people shooting them in the ass.

link   
reply to post by Superhans

And you would be right if that were the case, but unfortunately for you, you're not. He wasn't stating a fact, he was using a fact to make a generalization about a group of people. This shouldn't be hard to understand.

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 05:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by technical difficulties

And you would be right if that were the case, but unfortunately for you, you're not. He wasn't stating a fact, he was using a fact to make a generalization about a group of people. This shouldn't be hard to understand.

Its not hard to understand, he made a comment on the individual who committed the crime and talked about the statistics of violent crime and the race of those who commit those crimes. He did not say all blacks are criminals or anything even close to that.

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 05:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by technical difficulties

Its not hard to understand, he made a comment on the individual who committed the crime and talked about the statistics of violent crime and the race of those who commit those crimes. He did not say all blacks are criminals or anything even close to that.
But he implied it with his "What a precious 14% of the US pop. they are." comment. Just because he didn't flat-out say all blacks are criminals, doesn't make it so. Perhaps you should try denying ignorance as well.

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 05:49 PM
link   
reply to post by technical difficulties

Just because he didn't flat-out say all blacks are criminals, doesn't make it so.

Just because he didn't flat out say it doesn't make it so? I think you have just flat out stopped making sense.

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 05:57 PM
link   

“‘I’m sorry, please don’t kill me, I don’t know why I did that, I’m high you know, I just wanna go home,’” the teen told the man who had just shot him.

Please, pardon me, I gotta take a breather.

What the F****** HELL has gotten into the minds of these kids where things like this are 'Ok, as long you apologize'? The hell? They should have made an example out of him, but lord knows it would have been seen as either Police Brutality or they would have tried the guy who shot the gun. Man what the- I can't even mmmmmmmmmm Damn I'm mad.

Tch. I need to cool off. He'll get his 2 years and be done with it. Then he'll get out and go on living with his mother until he can find a girl foolish enough to take him in, he'll move right down the street, live on welfare-- you get the picture.

A witness told police the man stayed by the teen and appeared supportive and non-threatening.

Ahh, now I feel a whole lot better.

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 06:00 PM
link   
H

Originally posted by kimish
reply to post by Flavian

The problem is, like I stated in the OP, this is a common occurrence. Chances are this kid and his buddies have done this before.
Things are a lot different in the states (urban areas) than our cousins overseas think. It's shameful really.;

This kind of stuff goes down in the suburban and rural areas as well. It's the same all over.
Random violence has no place in society. These kids deserve no mercy. It's much more than a boys will be boy thing.

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 06:04 PM
link   

reply to post by yourmaker

This is where parkour comes in. I can already visualize the massive eye-roll as you read this.

So you make your assassins creed get away when you see someone who MIGHT be a threat?

Depending on the context of the threat I suppose. Assassins creed lol, more like Mirror's edge.
That's besides the point. It's a backup if necessary, a skillset not used often if at all but timely if needed.

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 06:05 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 06:05 PM
link   
reply to post by mr10k

What the F****** HELL has gotten into the minds of these kids where things like this are 'Ok, as long you apologize'? The hell? They should have made an example out of him, but lord knows it would have been seen as either Police Brutality or they would have tried the guy who shot the gun. Man what the- I can't even mmmmmmmmmm Damn I'm mad.

Its the schools, with new policies that say not to discipline black students as much as white ones they are being taught that just saying you are sorry will suffice.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join