It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Young Thug Gets a Taste of His Own Medicine

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 07:08 AM
link   
people that are saying this is a 'kid' and he deserves mercy are probably part of the reason why these jerks exist in the first place. When I was a kid i was deathly scared of adults....never mouthed off, never did anything that could get my butt whipped......there is none of this today in a majority of kids. This is a recipe for disaster.

as someone pointed out...this is probably not the first time these 'kids' have done this......so all of you saying this kid deserves mercy because he learned his lesson.....did you take into account that they most likely have done this before?

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 07:33 AM
link   
reply to post by instigatah

You're absolutely right.

People don't like to hear it but stuff like the "knock out game" are all part of a sub-culture, and it's growing. Especially with sites like World Star Hip Hop that glorify these types of behaviorism's.

I honestly do hope that this kid and his friends learned their lesson, unfortunately more than likely they will do something like this or something else illegal again. Lot's of these youths that get in trouble for this type of thing already have criminal records.

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 07:55 AM
link   
The really sad part of all this? I sure don't remember seeing anything about this on the local news here.
And it sure should have been!

Good for the shooter all the way around.
Lansing is getting really bad in some areas.

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 08:56 AM
link   
reply to post by kimish

For many that haven't heard about the "knock out game", it's a "game" youths play where they single out an individual and go up to said individual and attempt knock them out.

"Knock out" is a pick-up basketball game that is great fun to play.

You should make sure that distinction is made. Your article is about "Point 'em out, knock 'em out" - not "knock out".

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 09:04 AM
link   
reply to post by instigatah

When I was a kid i was deathly scared of adults....never mouthed off, never did anything that could get my butt whipped......there is none of this today in a majority of kids. This is a recipe for disaster.

Yes, it's a recipe for disaster, all right, when kids are "deathly scared of adults". Adults are the support system for healthy kids - if your kid is afraid to say anything or do anything because they'll get a beating - THAT is sick, and the reason the violence continues from generation to generation.

I applaud the shooter's behavior - he could have killed the kid. It seems from the article that the young man really did learn his lesson - I know people who would have shot to kill and not asked questions. I think the man did this youth a service - and he stood by while waiting for help to arrive.

The scariest part is if the youth had ALSO had a gun, or a knife. Many CCW permit-holders don't ask questions - they just fire, as though either they or the assailant is going to die, and they are determined that it not be THEM.

Don't attack people. And don't beat your kids. TALK to them.

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 09:10 AM
link   
This story needs to go national to show the everyone a few things...

1) Concealed Carry WORKS! The statistics bear this out, look at Texas crime statistics for instance... or any state with a CCW law in place.

2) These 'games' that thugs are playing are taking place nationwide.

3) The legal system is a joke, and is on the side of the criminals and would be thugs and not the law abiding citizen. If you want to keep yourself and your family safe, don't count on the police or 'prosecutors' to do anything. They are only there to keep honest people in line.

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 09:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by HomerinNC
Well, the dirtbag got what he deserved, and I hope it happens more.
You randomly attack someone, for the 'fun' of it, chances youre gonna be like this kid and get shot by a CCW holder.
Then that idiot deserves EVERY OUNCE of pain he gets

He didn't get what he deserved.. You see what they (only) charged him with? Should have been much higher charges.

Gs

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 09:15 AM
link   
what a stupid game that is. the mind boggles.

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 09:26 AM
link   
Talk about instant karma! LMAO!

Well done to the "victim" for being so restrained when choosing his target. That kids butt-wound will be the subject of mockery from his mates too no doubt, so it's all good really.

Rev

edit on 28/8/2013 by revmoofoo because: BAD Grammer

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 09:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by wildtimes
reply to post by kimish

For many that haven't heard about the "knock out game", it's a "game" youths play where they single out an individual and go up to said individual and attempt knock them out.

"Knock out" is a pick-up basketball game that is great fun to play.

You should make sure that distinction is made. Your article is about "Point 'em out, knock 'em out" - not "knock out".

It's called the Knock out game, per every article I've read, except that one.
en.wikipedia.org...(violent_game)
I did go on to explain what it meant, as well.

I appreciate your concern though, thank you.
edit on 28-8-2013 by kimish because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 11:30 AM
link   
The man was attacked while waiting for his Daughters school bus, Anything he would of done once he saw the man had some weapon was fair game.

Something similar happened to a buddy who fights MMA, some guy tried to sucker punch him and take his wallet, didn't end well for the robber.

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 12:02 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 01:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by tadaman
reply to post by kimish

well I am pleased. In the end, this kid learned his lesson, his friends learned their lesson, and many others who hear about this will learn their lesson.

AND All it cost was a 900 dollar hand gun and really good aim.

instead of many thousands of dollars and pain in potential litigation against similar potential attackers who will now think twice before doing something like this, and /or, someone killing someone accidentally.

No no no. Nobody "learned" anything. Kids like this don't "learn". They also don't "think twice". Not even once. They do what they can get away with until they're killed or imprisoned. Let's make sure its one or the other of those options in every case. Little "Marvel" would not have survived this encounter in many instances of attacking an armed individual. We as a society have NO responsibility but to eliminate beasts like this. Don't worry, there will be plenty more to replace him.

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 01:42 PM
link   
Great story, i think it was an excellent example of how to conduct yourself with a CCP. Notice he just shot the guy in the ass- the guy with the gun didn't have to take a kill shot and he didn't. Just goes to show you how not all all CCP people are gun nuts that will kill someone the moment they get the legal opportunity.

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 01:56 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 01:59 PM
link   
I love how the vicious little animals are ALL about mercy and compassion when they are on the NEEDY side of it ....but are cruel beyond measure when they have the power to GIVE those things to others.

He earned his gunshot when he tried to incapacitate an adult for no other reason than his own amusement in hurting the guy far more after he went down.

He earned a shot center and about 5 inches higher.....when he repeatedly tried to activate the stunner, as if to will it to work and make this man a victim before he could react.

I guess the kid will be left to wonder..... Was the guy THAT bad a shot to have missed center mass? Was he just a little bad to have missed the base of the spine and left the kid reliving those moments for decades in a wheel chair....or was he 100% accurate and hit the kid right where he wanted, for maximum humiliation and total defeat on every level?

At least one got the crap blown out of him.

edit on 28-8-2013 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 02:19 PM
link   
In the UK there was a internet trend called 'happy slapping'.

It's the same kind of thing where the results were uploaded to youtube. They pick a random victim and give them a slap.

In this video the guys certainly picked the wrong person to slap.

You should enjoy this one...

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Faust100f
Please . . . give me a break! This joker was a criminal from the very beginning, if the stun gun had been operational he could have killed the shooter, and then he and his buddies could sit around the pad shooting up with heroin or meth and laugh about the victim as he lay dead in the streets.

He has no character at all. We need to drop you off on the south side of Chicago sometime without protection and let you share the fantasy of making it out of that area alive. This 17 year old "Child" does not deserve any mercy, he was willing to render extreme harm or even death to his victim. He is a criminal, the sad part is that we the taxpayers have to pay for this joker being put in jail instead on climbing the gallows. Adios Amigo. John

Why would they shoot heroin or meth?? A heroin addict would sell the stun gun for more dope. Too risky to try and use that # on someone to rob them, when you could get 50 bucks or more from someone who wants it and pay for their crap that way. Most meth heads don't shoot meth, but yeah some do I suppose. Again, where did you get the idea these kids would do either of these drugs? Given their age, and "thug" life style, I'm willing to bet it was likely marijuana if the kid was indeed "high."

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 02:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Hijinx

Yup, that and "drank".

I bet some citizens made a local hero out of the man with the CCP. I'd definitely buy him a beer or three if I saw him out. I'd hate to be in the situation he was in. Lucky for him there were only three culprits, had there been more the outcome may be a lot different.

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 02:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by CJCrawley
POST REMOVED BY STAFF

Please, let's not take the thread in that direction. All types of kids are doing this type of thing.

Like another poster stated, I hope that these kids learned a lesson, I hope that the sub-culture learned a lesson from this. Anything to quell the violence is A-OK in my book.
edit on Wed Aug 28 2013 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join