It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Was this wave caused by the Loch Ness monster?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 02:15 AM
link   

Was this wave caused by the Loch Ness monster?

www.telegraph.co.uk...

A strange wave breaking on the still waters of Loch Ness is thought to be the mysterious Loch Ness Monster by the amateur photographer who captured the image.

David Elder, 50, said a “solid black object” gliding beneath the surface caused the unusual ripple when the lake was otherwise still.

Mr Elder, from East Kilbride, said he was focus on a swan at Fort Augustus on the south-west end of the Scottish Highlands lake when he spotted the "creature", according to The Mirror.

Mr Elder said: “Out of the corner of my right eye I caught site of a black area of water about 15ft long which developed into a kind of bow wave.

"I'm convinced this was caused by a solid black object under the water. The water was very still at the time and there were no ripples coming off the wave and no other activity on the water.

"Water was definitely going over something sold and making the wave. It looks like the sort of wave perhaps created by a windsurfing board but there was nobody on the Loch at the time, no boats, nothing.

Do new pictures from amateur photographer prove Loch Ness Monster exists?

metro.co.uk...

David Elder doesn’t exactly know what he snapped while at the Fort Augustus end of the loch but is certain he can’t explain the picture by conventional means.

‘We were at the pier head at Fort Augustus and I was taking a picture of a swan at the time,’ said Mr Elder, from East Kilbride.

‘Water was definitely going over something solid and making the wave.’

Hello Nessie, it must be that time of year... amateur photographer snaps 'large black object' moving beneath waters of Loch Ness

www.dailymail.co.uk... Loch-Ness.html?ito=feeds-newsxml

The image was taken by David Elder at Fort Augustus, at the south-west end of the 23-mile-long body of water in northern Scotland

It shows a long bow wave apparently caused by some sort of disturbance on the surface of the loch.

Mr Elder, from East Kilbride in Lanarkshire, was able to take still photos as well as filming a video of the mysterious scene.

edit on 28-8-2013 by Skywatcher2011 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 02:19 AM
link   
Now this is a pretty fascinating video and after reading the stories behind this event and watching the video, it definitely can spark some controversy of what it could be.

I heard it could be large eels...but then again, eels generally don't surface the water...so this would be a highly unlikely event caught on video.

Secondly, the waters do seem pretty calm, but I am sure that occasionally there could be a surface tide that could appear close to shore even though it started on the other side of the water.

In my opinion, it is not a clear snapshop of a monster, so I cannot say this is Nessy for sure. But it does leave the mind to wander what it could be. Inside, I am hoping it is, on the other hand, we have to look at the video and give our best judgement. Obviously this will be open for debate until it is debunked indefinitely!

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 02:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Skywatcher2011

That is an interesting video. It really does look like something huge swimming beneath the surface. Good find.

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 03:19 AM
link   
That's a pretty interesting piece of film, but it is probably a couple of mad Scotsman under the water pretending to be Nessie, in order to entice tourists to visit Scotland, as what normally happens when a sighting gets into the media headlines.......

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 03:58 AM
link   
Lots of Big Currents in that water...and at 300m deep and 24 miles long that's a lot of water

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 04:06 AM
link   
I saw something on TV a while back (The One Show - BBC1) that explained this wave and others like it in Loch Ness. However, I can't find any evidence of it now!

Due to the shape and orientation of the loch, the wind blows across it's surface at certain times which causes a volume of water to travel along the length. Because of the length and the volume of water, the wave can travel barely noticeable back and forth for several days and sometimes pushing debris along the surface which can be attributed to many sightings of the 'Loch Ness Monster'.

I'll see if I can find a link!

Edit -

Some scientists have wondered if the sightings might be caused by an underwater wave which is known to sometimes occur in deep, long, cold lakes, like Loch Ness. Standing waves, also known as seiche, can be caused by the wind piling up a layer of warm water at the end of the loch which forces the underlying cold layer to the opposite end. The wave is not visible on the surface, but moves underwater with the interaction of the layers. Such a wave might be powerful enough to push debris to the surface that might look like a strange animal.

Link

It seems as this is a theory rather than a fact as I initially thought. Let the speculation continue!
edit on 28-8-2013 by fiftyfifty because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 01:49 PM
link   
I could get so pitted on that wave.

new topics

top topics

join