It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cigarette Filters Make You Smoke MORE

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 11:56 PM
link   
So, I had a pack of smokes. Well, I wanted them to fit in a shorts pack. So, I ripped the filters off.

I smoked one. I was nearly incapacitated. Can barely type, I don't want no more nicotine. I am dizzy at these levels. Without the filter, people would smoke one and done.

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 11:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Grifter42

Filters are there to soak up the majority of toxins that are contained with tobacco.

The reason you're so light headed is cause you've ingested more Tar and Formaldehyde than you should have smoking the whole pack.

Also, they do just sell straight up, unfiltered cigarettes.

~Tenth

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 12:02 AM
link   

Roll your own smokes and you'll see the truth...it's just addictive as is, lol. Seems to me like you just started up the habit if you're that intoxicated from nicotine. No better time than now to quit, mate.

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 12:04 AM
link   

You could just smoke until you die from it. Wouldn't that be fun?

Fiters, no filters... it doesn't matter to the cigarette companies. As long as you keep buying their product.

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 12:07 AM
link   
inhaling toxins and tar into your lungs, with or without "filters, is about the most unhealthy thing a person can do. And besides, why give money to greedy corporations that exploit people?

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 12:23 AM
link   
reply to post by intrptr

Studies have shown that 100% of non-smokers die.

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 12:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Zehll
reply to post by intrptr

Studies have shown that 100% of non-smokers die.

No problem. How stupid was I to smoke for thirty five years. Now I can't walk a mile without almost asphyxiating and fearing for a heart attack. That bad habit has killed me already, I just haven't died yet.

Go head on with your bad self.

Edit: By the way it is addiction that makes you smoke more. You are just displacing that awareness with an excuse that it has something to do with the filters. As you continue to smoke, the sicker you get, the more excuses you will find to keep on smoking.

One other thing. The dizziness you feel is the carbon monoxide in the smoke you inhale bonding to red blood cells instead of oxygen. You are getting a high from oxygen starvation of the blood. This makes you feel dizzy. Go ahead and test it. Smoke up and then go jogging right after a butt. Along with the dizzy comes shortness of breath and brain damage. But you won't notice it that much.

The sooner you quit the easier it is to quit. The longer you wait the more excuses you will need to dream up...
edit on 28-8-2013 by intrptr because: additional...

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 03:55 AM
link   
reply to post by intrptr

I don't smoke.

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 04:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by aoxomoxoa
inhaling toxins and tar into your lungs, with or without "filters, is about the most unhealthy thing a person can do. And besides, why give money to greedy corporations that exploit people?

..... because the smokes are ready made and it saves you quite a lot of time compared to growing harvesting and using your own tobacco . Why give money to greedy corporations for food , water , fire , electricity ?

I can think of a lot of things that are worse than smoking , plus , smoking saves lives ...... I`d be a psycho without my roll-ups .

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 06:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by intrptr

The sooner you quit the easier it is to quit. The longer you wait the more excuses you will need to dream up...
edit on 28-8-2013 by intrptr because: additional...

I am addicted to nicotine, and without it...I am a total dick. That's not an excuse. It's a proven fact. During a tour in Iraq I quit with the support of my peers. Within two weeks they went out and bought me a carton of cigarettes.

I've tried Wellbutrin and Chantix and they made me quite violent, I had to quit them before I hurt myself or others. I've done the gum routine and the patches made me break out in hives/rash. The hypnotist was a waste of money as well.

I do Vape occasionally and that seems to help, though those still have nicotine and other chemicals in them as well.

I'm a smoker and I HATE cigarettes. They are the monkey on my back.

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 07:07 AM
link   
Cigarettes are gerrymandered to be about as atavistically addictive as all hell.

But I wonder just how safe those filters make you. Anyone remember Kent cigarettes?

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 07:24 AM
link   
Laughing at the notion of a filter on a cigarette.

Like diet soda.

Poison is poison.

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 07:33 AM
link   
reply to post by thisguyrighthere

Exactly. These filters give the illusion of safety. They make people want to smoke MORE.

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 11:35 AM
link   
reply to post by TDawgRex

I was going to tell you that the only way I eventually quit was the Patch. I see you had trouble with that. How much more trouble is emphysema and COPD going to be?

The real bummer that they don't tell you about smoking is that it rarely kills you dead bang. Rather, one dies of a myriad of slow death and anguish symptoms from a plethora of diseases.

I would try again. Don't worry, it will be the hardest thing you ever did.

I can tell you exactly how to work it if you are interested. Exactly the pitfalls and speed bumps. If you want to start and you have questions PM (U2U) me anytime and I will help you along with it.

Anyone can quit, its stay quit that is hard. First three days are key. The patch is your only alternative to the craving. The right patch is the one I linked. Double the length for each step. 4 weeks instead of two.

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 11:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Zehll
reply to post by intrptr

I don't smoke.

There's always that first cigarette. Whatever made you do that?

Thanks for starting the thread. I like to land hard on friggin cigarettes.

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 03:20 PM
link   
reply to post by intrptr

They're evil. The Indian's revenge for all those small pox blankets. But damned if they aren't addictive as all hell. I wish I had never started.

But then, something stressful happens, and you give in. Thanks a lot, limbic system. Screwing us over since the first man figured out what that plant over there did.

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 03:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by tothetenthpower

Filters are there to soak up the majority of toxins that are contained with tobacco.

The reason you're so light headed is cause you've ingested more Tar and Formaldehyde than you should have smoking the whole pack.

Also, they do just sell straight up, unfiltered cigarettes.

~Tenth

You get more nicotine as well, and that is what the heavier buzz comes from. While hyper/hypo-ventilation can cause a feeling of light-headedness, this feeling is not the same as a nicotine buzz. And you don't get a buzz from Tar and Formaldehyde.

But it is inarguable that you do get more of those nasty, unwanted substances when you smoke without a filter. No debating that one.

You may save a few bucks in the short term-- but the hospital bills later on could get ugly.

If you really want more nicotine, you could just get an e-cigarette and control your dosage that way. Or if you're particularly stupid and brave (or exceptionally intelligent and know what you're doing) you could order the e-liquid nicotine for e-cigarettes and drip a small amount on to a traditional cigarette for the same effect-- no extra tar and other crap.

Be safe.

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 04:31 PM
link   
reply to post by intrptr

I'll probably U2U you
at some point just to vent and seek your advice.

Two more days ubtil I can afford the patches though.

Thanks

My posts ought to be interesting next month. I hope I'm not to much of a dick.

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 09:57 PM
link   
This thread was irresponsible and I regret posting it.

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 10:45 PM
link   
reply to post by TDawgRex

I'll probably U2U you at some point just to vent and seek your advice.

I hope so. I am as serious as a heart attack. Nothing like being there to give someone a leg up (even if just to vent).

Two more days until I can afford the patches though.

Thanks

Make sure you get the Nicoderm CQ's. I tried several different kinds. They were the only ones that stayed on (even in the shower) and delivered a steady dose. The craving for nicotine is the worst. The patch only deals with that. The ritual of smoking (of fiddling with cigarettes and smoking) is also hard.

My posts ought to be interesting next month. I hope I'm not to much of a dick.

Move thru one day, one hour, one minute of time for the first three days. Put the patch on in the morning, I found that is the toughest time. I was amazed at how I did not crave the nicotine during the day. I was still going crazy, though. I smoked for thirty five years.

I began to over eat... thats okay in the beginning. Lean on another crutch you have that doesn't kill you.

Above all, PM me. I will be on here daily. There are no stupid questions or attitudes.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join