It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking: US's Proof of Attack is Intercepted Call

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 11:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tardacus
Even if everything the government is telling us is the truth this time, they have been caught lying about things like this in the past so can they blame anyone who doesn`t believe this time?
The problem with being a habitual liar is that the 1 time that you do tell the truth, nobody is going to believe you.

To quote the illustrious orator and former president :george bush
'"fool me once shame on you, fool me twice and ...erm...ahhh...hmmmm...well...hum....you won`t fool me again!"

It's the story of crying wolf indeed.

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 11:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by JBA2848
reply to post by NeoParadigm

Blue Coat Systems security spy equipment and communication devices. Some how mysteriously sold to Syria and placed in there headquarters. Easy to spy when they install the equipment for you.

leaksource.wordpress.com... e-world/
edit on 27-8-2013 by JBA2848 because: (no reason given)

I don't see how this would apply to government communication, the Syrians were allegedly using it to spy on their opponents.

What does it have to do with American intelligence listening in on a conversation between defense officials.
edit on 27-8-2013 by NeoParadigm because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 11:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dustytoad
reply to post by ValentineWiggin
the NSA found out by spying on phone conversations.. (doubt it)

What do you think is the JOB of the NSA, if not gathering intelligence, MAINLY from foreign nations and MAINLY from the M/E nations (our potential enemies)?

The NSA exists for exactly that reason so there can not be any doubt.

Do you doubt that the NSA has the resources or capability to get such basic or fundamental intelligence?

Do you THINK that the US goes to war without evidence? (Ok, I see the irony here....but just saying...)

Oh wait....so you think a made-up scenario about a false-flag etc. is more likely? Why is that?

For me it's more likely that the US/NSA in fact gathered intelligence and has good proof that Assad did indeed cause the attack which (to a certain extent) would justify involvement. Why? Because INNOCENT PEOPLE ARE KILLED.

Any other interpretation, theory is nothing but that...a theory which is even less credible and more doubtful as the simple explanation, eg. that yes, NSA has gathered the required evidence. I for my part choose THAT theory which makes most sense and sounds most plausible as opposed to getting my information on "bef****itsnews" and similar websites. While you're wasting time spinning your conspiracy theories, REAL people die.

Short: We all know NSA spies on you and me and works a zillion of "social profiles" through their super-computers, but you have doubts they would "spy" on the leaders in Syria? Seriously....

edit on 27-8-2013 by NoRulesAllowed because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 11:51 PM
link   

The equipment they are using is from the US. And they are stupid enough to allow it to update over the internet. Reminds me of the Iran Nuclear Facility with its window popup just before STUXnet took over the place.

Yes Windows error message. You need to update your software.

link   
Balance a sword on the tip of your tongue, look within to see without. Talk louder than your ears, let not casual glances foul your sight. Sleep with angels, and work harder than your will... go have tea.

link   

Originally posted by NoRulesAllowed

What do you think is the JOB of the NSA, if not gathering intelligence, MAINLY from foreign nations and MAINLY from the M/E nations (our potential enemies)?

The NSA exists for exactly that reason so there can not be any doubt.

Do you doubt that the NSA has the resources or capability to get such basic or fundamental intelligence?

Do you THINK that the US goes to war without evidence? (Ok, I see the irony here....but just saying...)

Oh wait....so you think a made-up scenario about a false-flag etc. is more likely? Why is that?

For me it's more likely that the US/NSA in fact gathered intelligence and has good proof that Assad did indeed cause the attack which (to a certain extent) would justify involvement. Why? Because INNOCENT PEOPLE ARE KILLED.

Any other interpretation, theory is nothing but that...a theory which is even less credible and more doubtful as the simple explanation, eg. that yes, NSA has gathered the required evidence. I for my part choose THAT theory which makes most sense and sounds most plausible as opposed to getting my information on "bef****itsnews" and similar websites. While you're wasting time spinning your conspiracy theories, REAL people die.

Short: We all know NSA spies on you and me and works a zillion of "social profiles" through their super-computers, but you have doubts they would "spy" on the leaders in Syria? Seriously....

man, you must be new the conspiracy world.

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 11:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by duesprimusvictorimmortali

No, but it gets old. The thought that 100s or 1000s of innocent people die/died while we spin entertaining tales sickens me.

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 11:55 PM
link   
reply to post by NoRulesAllowed

Yes that is a picture of Bin Laden's compound with a satellite dish used for WiFi which is used for internet access. Why did it take so long for them to find him? And there was five different dishes at his compound. He was not hiding in a cave. He was living in the middle of Pakistan right next to Pakistan's version of the Pentagon.

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 11:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by duesprimusvictorimmortali

No, but it gets old. The thought that 100s or 1000s of innocent people die/died while we spin entertaining tales sickens me.

I second that

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 11:56 PM
link   
reply to post by JBA2848

You are saying that the Syrian government has installed software on their network that leaves a backdoor for American intelligence agencies to listen in on phonecalls between defense officials?

I find that hard to believe.

You are aware of this but the Syrians aren't?

Right.

edit on 27-8-2013 by NeoParadigm because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 12:02 AM
link   
It isn't so much the intercepted phone call that I don't believe, I just have a hard time believing Defense Officials are going to openly say "Yea, let's go ahead and start lobbing Chemical Weapons in the rebel controlled area of Damascus" over the phone.

I'd think their chain of command is a little more complex than that, especially considering that there could be a mole in their midst for the rebels.

On the other side of the coin, this is what the NSA should be doing keeping tabs on countries that aren't our allies, what they shouldn't be doing is keeping tabs on American Citizens that haven't given them a reason too.

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 12:02 AM
link   
I am not pro-war and am completely on the fence about Syria in general.

HOWEVER- this bogus phone call conspiracy is hardly the crux of the proof. The only real question is who ordered and carried out the chemical warfare. It's pretty clear that it happened

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 12:03 AM
link   

There using the equipment to monitor and control the internet in Syria. They are using it as proxy filters and it has allowed the US into there whole internet control system. who knows they might have been using voice over IP and got recorded.

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 12:06 AM
link   
reply to post by JBA2848

And you know this and the Syrians don't? Get real.

Also, defense officials don't make phonecalls over the internet.

The article you linked says absolutely nothing about the ability of american intelligence agencies to use this technology to spy on the government that use it against their citizens.

A Canadian human rights monitoring group has documented the use of American-made Internet surveillance and censorship technology by more than a dozen governments, some with harsh human rights policies like Syria, China and Saudi Arabia.

Are you just making that part up?
edit on 28-8-2013 by NeoParadigm because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 12:07 AM
link   
reply to post by JBA2848

Dp.
edit on 28-8-2013 by NeoParadigm because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 12:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Timing

t isn't so much the intercepted phone call that I don't believe, I just have a hard time believing Defense Officials are going to openly say "Yea, let's go ahead and start lobbing Chemical Weapons in the rebel controlled area of Damascus" over the phone.

Yes that' was my next point.

Just like those leaked emails discussing the sale of a chemical weapon it just doesn't make sense.

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 12:15 AM
link   

yes it does get old all those dieing from weapons SUPPLIED by the US, and put into the hands of terrorists, to overthrow another country's leadership to get one possibly more friendly. and yet even more to be killed in american missile strikes. likely to be followed by yet more deaths from "drone strikes". while all the while lies are told in support of said actions. :shk:

the people who hand out the "Nobel peace prizes" should be apologizing to the world for their gross incompetence and negligence in giving one to obama.

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 01:02 AM
link   

Found some thing for you to chew on about Blue Coats,

www.bluecoat.com...-murphy

Mr Murphy was a partner at McKinsey & Company. The spying taking place in China. China's largest internet provider is Ten Cent QQ. know what they have in common with Blue Coats? Martin Lau worked for McKinsey & Company.

Management Team
www.tencent.com...

LAU, Chi Ping (Martin Lau) President Martin Lau, President of Tencent. Martin joined Tencent in 2005 as the Chief Strategy and Investment Officer and was responsible for corporate strategies, investment, M&A and investor relations. In 2006, Martin was promoted as President of the Company to assist Pony Ma, Chairman of the Board and Chief Executive Officer, in managing the day-to-day operation of the Company. In 2007, Martin was appointed as the Executive Director of the Company. Prior to Tencent, Martin was an Executive Director at Goldman Sachs (Asia) L.L.C's investment banking division and the Chief Operating Officer of its Telecom, Media and Technology Group. Prior to that, Martin worked at Mckinsey & Company, Inc. as a management consultant. Martin received his Bachelor of Science Degree in Electrical Engineering from the University of Michigan, a Master of Science Degree in Electrical Engineering from Stanford University and an MBA Degree from Kellogg Graduate School of Management, Northwestern University.

You know who else works for them?

Mckinsey & Company, Inc
en.wikipedia.org...

Notable alumni[edit]Main article: List of McKinsey & Company people McKinsey has produced more CEOs than any other company and is referred to by Fortune magazine as "the best CEO launch pad".[74] More than 70 past and present CEOs at Fortune 500 companies are former McKinsey employees. Among McKinsey’s most notable alumni are: Ian Narev, CEO of Commonwealth Bank of Australia Frank Appel, CEO of Deutsche Post DHL Greg Case, CEO of Aon Plc Vittorio Colao, CEO of Vodafone Chelsea Clinton, daughter of former President Bill Clinton Erik Engstrom, CEO of Reed Elsevier Bernard T. Ferrari, Dean of Johns Hopkins University Carey Business School Russell P. Fradin, CEO of SunGard Harvey Golub, former CEO of American Express and former Chairman of American International Group Louis V. Gerstner, Jr., former chairman and CEO of IBM and chairman of The Carlyle Group James P. Gorman, President and CEO of Morgan Stanley Stephen Green, chairman of HSBC Rajat Gupta, former managing director of McKinsey & Company, co-founder of the Indian School of Business, and corporate board member William Hague, UK Foreign Secretary Mohsin Hamid, Author Moth Smoke, The Reluctant Fundamentalist and How to get filthy rich in rising Asia. Bobby Jindal, current Governor of Louisiana Marius Kloppers, CEO of BHP Billiton Anil Kumar, former senior partner of McKinsey & Company and co-founder of the Indian School of Business Jim Manzi, former CEO of Lotus Development Corporation David McCormick, co-CEO of Bridgewater Associates and former Under Secretary for International Affairs within the United States Department of the Treasury James McNerney, chairman and CEO of Boeing Helmut Panke, former chairman and CEO of BMW AG Corrado Passera, Italian Minister of Development and Minister of Infrastructures, ex-CEO of Intesa Sanpaolo Tom Peters, business management writer and co-author of In Search of Excellence Sheryl Sandberg, COO at Facebook Jonathan Schwartz, former CEO of Sun Microsystems Kevin Sharer, CEO of Amgen Jeffrey Skilling, former CEO of Enron Jonathan Spector, CEO of The Conference Board Tidjane Thiam, CEO of Prudential Plc Adair Turner, Chairman of the Financial Services Authority Peter Wuffli, former CEO of UBS AG

You have a whole list of people who would be tied into spying there. From Cintons daughter to the COO of Facebook, And how about ole Bobby Jindal.

McKinsey & Company neck deep in NSA spying on the world.

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 01:11 AM
link   
reply to post by JBA2848

Still nothing to do with the OP whatsoever.

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 01:20 AM
link   
When I first read about the telephone conversation claim yesterday, it was the Israelis making the claim, who had passed on the "intel" to the US. So now the story has changed and it was the US that intercepted the conversation?

Come on guys, at least try to lie consistently!

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join