It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My Son is going to Japan, what advice can I give him?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 10:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by GaryN
If it is radiation he is worried about, maybe he could read this:

Fukushima Radiation Proves Less Deadly Than Feared

www.bloomberg.com...

You posted a 5 month old report from back when they were lying their A$$ off. I would stay state side for at least a year or 2 before, I would even think of venturing that way. And only for a very short limited time.

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 04:45 AM
link   
The father south you are, the safer you are from the radiation.
I have friends in Tokyo, and they are fine.try not to worry.
There are daily Geiger reports.look for them on line

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 07:26 AM
link   

PtolemyII
The father south you are, the safer you are from the radiation.
I have friends in Tokyo, and they are fine.try not to worry.
There are daily Geiger reports.look for them on line

They I assume are measuring radiation in the air... That's a good start, but that's not all there is to worry about.

Are there sites that regularly monitor radiation in the municipal water in various cities?, in the oceanic water?, in the sea-food? If so, I would be surprised and relieved. Somehow though, something tells me not to hold my breath.

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 05:51 PM
link   
reply to post by MarkJS

Well the air readings are done mostly by expats.They record and post them daily.

When something is too high in Tokyo, things get closed down.
Schools, train stations.Things like that.
They don't announce levels to the public.

People are functioning ok in Tokyo.Many businesses have closed.
Unless you lived there, it won't even register , so to a tourist,
business as usual

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 06:18 PM
link   
Here is a Facebook page by an expat.
www.facebook.com...

And this website.
You can select your language

new.atmc.jp...
edit on 9/2/13 by PtolemyII because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 07:54 PM
link   

PtolemyII
Here is a Facebook page by an expat.
www.facebook.com...

And this website.
You can select your language

new.atmc.jp...
edit on 9/2/13 by PtolemyII because: (no reason given)

I noticed that the new.atmc.jp... is working pretty well and in real-time.

The facebook one(s)- FB Link1 and FB Link2 sorry to say look kind of dated, like the author booked it out of Tokyo last yr.
Well, maybe it's not because of the rad. levels, but personal reasons only...

edit on 2/9/2013 by MarkJS because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 08:09 PM
link   
I don't know if your son has any visible Tattoo's, but if he does, make sure he covers them. Tattoo's are considered taboo there.

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 08:52 AM
link   
reply to post by lordpiney

Not so much anymore.
Some bath houses will refuse you,and some jobs they are a no no ,but more and more people get them for aesthetic reasons now,and no one cares .

Yakuza tattoos are a whole other story .

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 08:57 AM
link   
the japanese govt and tepco are known hoaxers and liars so i wouldn't base any thing on what they say, with that being said i would ask my son to never go to japan again.

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 08:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by LittleBlackEagle
the japanese govt and tepco are known hoaxers and liars so i wouldn't base any thing on what they say, with that being said i would ask my son to never go to japan again.

And to avoid speaking to any heavily-tattooed japanese (they're the Yakuza)...

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 09:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by swanne

And to avoid speaking to any heavily-tattooed japanese (they're the Yakuza)...

funny you should mention them, i heard unsubstantiated claims that the yakuza were bringing in people that owed them money to work on fukushima, telling them if they make this sacrifice they would be generous on their families when they're gone. makes sense since the japanese govt. is hiding the real death toll from everyone, including workers.

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 09:19 AM
link   
Like the Chinese with the triads ,the Japanese have yakuza ties to the government .
People who owe the yakuza money are usually used in a money making capacity ....
I have not heard this before ,but given the circumstance ,it can be possible ,but if they die ,they can no longer make money for them ....that being said ,if you die ,your family still owes .
Men's wives end up in yakuza brothels indefinitely in some cases
Its pretty harsh .

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 04:26 PM
link   

i heard unsubstantiated claims that the yakuza were bringing in people that owed them money to work on fukushima, telling them if they make this sacrifice they would be generous on their families when they're gone. makes sense since the japanese govt. is hiding the real death toll from everyone, including workers.

Hm, thanks for the info. If my memory is correct, isn't the Yakuza legal there? I am concerned... I once read that the true minds behind North American economy was in Japan. I think it was Michael Crichton in one of his semi-fictions novels.

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 11:41 PM
link   
Take radiation pills and iodine!

posted on Oct, 12 2013 @ 12:45 PM
link   
I've never heard of schools being closed down due to 'high radiation'. Do you have some further info on that?

posted on Oct, 12 2013 @ 01:11 PM
link   

mantic
I've done my best to advise him of the dangers and convince him not to go. He is stubborn like I am and is set to go. He loves Japan, speaks the language fluently. He is 22. This is his 2nd trip. He first went as an exchange student when he was in High School 6 years ago.
What can I advise him to do, be aware of, take with him etc to protect himself as best he can against what is going on over there. He is planning to go second week of October.

Thanks in advance

M

Essentially, you are asking a group of highly-strung individuals on a conspiracy site, that bar a couple here and there haven't been to Japan. And you're hoping for sound advice and reassurance?

posted on Oct, 15 2013 @ 02:12 AM
link   

cartenz

avoid being drunk in public

That's literally about 3/4 of the population of Japan totally screwed then.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join