Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

Why Jesus is who he said he was!

page: 1

join

posted on Nov, 12 2004 @ 01:57 AM
link   
Here is a post, that im sure i will be called ignorant, wrong, and dumb for even thinking up. But I dont care. Now let me start off this off. Jesus was who he said he was because of the things that came to pass.

For instance, Isiah said that the Messiah would be born in Bethlehem, from a virgin.

posted on Nov, 12 2004 @ 04:24 AM
link   
So I guess what you are trying to say is that Jesus is the Messiah?

Some people argue that the Bible is simply a book of stories not inspired by God. I feel sorry for those people.

This information that you have presented is just one of many of the stories written in the Bible and that have been proven correct over thousands of years (with books all written by different authors). And to add credibility to these earlier books, christ even quoted them when he was on earth.

I know the Bible gets a lot of flack. What book wouldnt when it claims to be the inspired word of God? However, it is still the biggest selling book in the world, and it is still a book that thousands of people each year are willing to die for.

It is also a book of many secrets, of stories and of characters that seem larger than life. It is a book that sets a guide for healthy living and healthy relationships. It is a book that recounts the events of the Life of Christ and his sinless ministry of earth. (what normal human could write a narrative of a sinless human and what he did and said) The story is without flaw!

Anyway enough of my views of the Bible!

posted on Nov, 12 2004 @ 07:15 AM
link   
I am not refuting what you are saying, just to start off.

It is possible that this man...over a millenia before Jesus "set the stage" for Jesus. It is possible that the people wanted something badly, and Jesus decided to exploit them in it. It is possible that the entire bible is a story book.

Lets not forget that we don't even know the whole bible. Most of the bible has been translated from anchient documents. For starters, it was translated from a language we are not 100% in understanding. Secondly, much of the text was "filled in", and I mean much. What I mean by that is...many, many portions of the Bible are Illegable.....if we have original documents at all for what you are looking at. That means someone had to fill in the blanks.

It is possible that it is all made up.

If you knew 100% that there was a God, it would be obvious like you say. Unfortuneatly, you would need no faith. Believeing in something is not knowing it. You can't know something and have faith. You can have faith that your bike won't fall apart while you are riding it, leading to massive head trauma. But you can never KNOW for sure. Not until you are finished with the ride.

posted on Nov, 12 2004 @ 07:42 AM
link   
I believe there was a man named Jesus, and he taught he was the son of god. I believe he was lied too.

posted on Nov, 12 2004 @ 07:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by SpittinCobra
I believe there was a man named Jesus, and he taught he was the son of god. I believe he was lied too.

And there is another possibility. The list could go on. It isn't so obvious if you allow yourself to think on your own Ryan, honestly.

posted on Nov, 12 2004 @ 10:00 AM
link   
If you were given a stack of books that you had no prior knowledge of and read them, would you be able to tell fact from fiction? This is not an anti-bible thing, but rather an anti-ignorance thing. Perhaps one of those books is true and perhaps not. However, why should you believe my judgement without question on which one I tell you is real? Was I there? Do I have proof?

posted on Nov, 12 2004 @ 10:18 AM
link   
“A Messiah born to a virgin” is a metaphor written by Jewish scribes which means that the Jewish people were put on this earth to proclaim the message of their God to a barren planet.

In other words the Jewish nation is the "messiah" born of a "virgin" (in a pagan land)

Bethlehem means in the Heb. “House of bread” the Jews were to be the sustenance in a pagan world, “virgin” to the knowledge of the Jewish God.

The early Jewish Christians turned that metaphor into a new religion and it prospered much more than did Judaism, which was nearly annihilated by the Romans.

Nevertheless, there is a higher power and all people will be judged (most likely by themselves), life never ends and what one does while in this life "can" remain with them forever---choose wisely.

posted on Nov, 13 2004 @ 12:51 AM
link   
RCC theology says that all accounts of Jesus came fromMatthew, Mark, Luke, and John, who wrote their [conflicting] accounts well after his death. IOW, Jesus may or may not have claimed anything (assuming he existed), but whatever he claimed was filtered through people who never knew him. Everything they wrote came to them in visions. (And this comes straight from the mouth of a believing nun who taught my New Testament class.) Believe what you want, but investigate further. To me, "faith" isn't good because it demands you ignore a lot and simply believe.

posted on Nov, 13 2004 @ 10:40 AM
link   
NEWSFLASH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

the bible did not arrive by fax from heaven. it was written by men. men with an agenda.

Now, think of the fact that this person had to be born of a virgin

actually i think you will find that the actual term used means simply a young woman and has NOTHING to do with sexual inexperience.

is there not only one person in history who was said to be born of a virgin?

actually NO i can think of at least half a dozen off the top of my head.. being born of a virgin was almost a requirement of a dieing and reborn "God" of the period.

Life of Christ

by definition ALL Kings of Israel were christs. and yes Jesus was A christ. his anointing is recorded. but not the only one.

The story is without flaw!

not even the synoptic gospels agree with each other, and they were copied
from the same source, probably a pauline source. with the possible exception
of the gospel of John ( which there is no evidence was written by anyone named John, possibly by a woman MM or another in a Jonnanite community)
all writings were influenced by paul after his "revelation" which , as i recall,
occured after he "fell from his ass".
at any rate with the exception of the dead sea scrolls and the nag hammadi
documents there are no extant copies of the gospels that predate the 4th century.

[Edited on 13-11-2004 by stalkingwolf]

[Edited on 13-11-2004 by stalkingwolf]

join