It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Pat Robertson: Gay people will cut you and give you AIDS with special rings

page: 3
18
<< 1  2    4 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 04:04 AM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower
 





Pat, You crazy maaaaaaaaaaaaan!




posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 07:35 AM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower
 


I can't believe that this man actually figured out what we are doing!!!

Damn, gotta get rid of of the ring and think of something else.....



posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 07:41 AM
link   
I read this thread wearing a condom so I wouldn't catch the gay.




posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 07:47 AM
link   
How'd this guy make $30 million? Seriously?? YIKES
I just started a thread about these preacher folks and how they milk their followers for $$$.



posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 08:22 AM
link   
I don't understand, where does he get his information? From a troll?
edit on 28-8-2013 by darkbake because: (no reason given)



posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 08:25 AM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower
 


I have no idea who Pat Robertson but i think he is confused about gay men and the type of "rings" they are into......



posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 08:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by tothetenthpower
reply to post by charles1952
 


The last I heard of this occurring was like..1992.

I'm sure there have been other cases of gay men attempting to infect others with HIV, but then again there are cases of women and straight folk doing that too.

So I guess you're right in a way, it's more about the fact that Pat, uses *some* yet he knows full well that any mention of this creates the idea in his followers mind that they are all like that.

Or at the very least condone the behavior of those that do, as something 'cultural'.

Always good to make me think Charles!

~Tenth


The best lies do have a kernel of truth in them, I guess. We've had a few cases of crazy individuals trying to infect others intentionally or activists tossing tainted blood at people and so forth. He takes something that might have happened and then extrapolates a widespread conspiracy that does not exist. The rubes have a memory of an actual event triggered by the lie and this gives some "credence" in their own minds.

Con men and hucksters do this thing quite often.



posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 09:48 AM
link   
reply to post by dizziedame
 


Thank you for this post. I got it and I am still laughing, been there.



posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 10:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by tothetenthpower
LMAO!

Source

That is the funniest, damn thing I have ever read. That headline should be on the Onion.


Derailing his own advice segment for viewers, 700 Club host Pat Robertson launched more anti-LGBT paranoia on Tuesday, accusing the LGBT community of imposing “draconian” censorship laws and willfully transmitting the AIDS virus.

“You know what they do in San Francisco,” Robertson told co-host Terry Meeuwsen “Some in the gay community there, they want to get people so if they got the stuff they’ll have a ring, you shake hands, and the ring’s got a little thing where you cut your finger. Really. It’s that kind of vicious stuff, which would be the equivalent of murder.”


Really Pat?

Man, and here I thought you'd picked yourself up from the last time you fell off your rocker.

This is why, under the right circumstances, religious extremism and wide means of distributing your message, can be a very bad thing.

Just imagine how many people now believe this to be true?!

~Tenth


have you been to the bay area? do you associate with the gay community? you shouldn't dismiss him so flippantly, this sort of thing DOES go on. it of course would be a small minority but it does happen.



posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 10:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by rayuki
have you been to the bay area? do you associate with the gay community? you shouldn't dismiss him so flippantly, this sort of thing DOES go on. it of course would be a small minority but it does happen.


Proof?



posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 10:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by tothetenthpower
LMAO!

Source

That is the funniest, damn thing I have ever read. That headline should be on the Onion.


Derailing his own advice segment for viewers, 700 Club host Pat Robertson launched more anti-LGBT paranoia on Tuesday, accusing the LGBT community of imposing “draconian” censorship laws and willfully transmitting the AIDS virus.

“You know what they do in San Francisco,” Robertson told co-host Terry Meeuwsen “Some in the gay community there, they want to get people so if they got the stuff they’ll have a ring, you shake hands, and the ring’s got a little thing where you cut your finger. Really. It’s that kind of vicious stuff, which would be the equivalent of murder.”


Really Pat?

Man, and here I thought you'd picked yourself up from the last time you fell off your rocker.

This is why, under the right circumstances, religious extremism and wide means of distributing your message, can be a very bad thing.

Just imagine how many people now believe this to be true?!

~Tenth


SFSU has an article here: xpress.sfsu.edu...
Then there is this, www.thegiftdocumentary.org...
I fail to see the humor in this.



posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 10:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Violater1
SFSU has an article here: xpress.sfsu.edu...
Then there is this, www.thegiftdocumentary.org...
I fail to see the humor in this.


Where does it mention this little special ring that Pat is talking about?
edit on 28-8-2013 by HandyDandy because: (no reason given)



posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 10:51 AM
link   


Pat Robertson: Gay people will cut you and give you AIDS with special rings


Is this guy for real? It's time to check grandpa into a retirement home.



posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 10:57 AM
link   
Is it called the "700 Club" due to Pat Robertson's age?

The guy has been wacky for the last couple of years.



posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 11:25 AM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower
 


Fact. Gay people get HIV Wayyyyyyyyyyy more then straight people.

This is true. Government link


www.cdc.gov...

Sodomy is a very good way to get sexualy tansmited diseases.

There are many reports of people with Aids trying to infect other people. Do you need links?



posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 11:30 AM
link   
post removed because the user has no concept of manners

Click here for more information.



posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 12:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by HandyDandy

Originally posted by rayuki
have you been to the bay area? do you associate with the gay community? you shouldn't dismiss him so flippantly, this sort of thing DOES go on. it of course would be a small minority but it does happen.


Proof?


prove it doesn't happen? same as a religious debate not going down that hole.

but there are documentaries on this very practice and all though its sickening to think it can happen it does. im not saying its rampant and blanket flagging all gays as people that would do this is a disgrace, but its the same as any group of people you will always have extreme elements that do horrible things.



posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 01:16 PM
link   
First we have to get off the idea that Aids is solely a 'Gay Disease' yes you can show statistics that show more Gay people have it than straight, and that anal sex has a high rate of transferring it ( even though straight people have anal sex likewise)

but still it is not only a "Gay Disease"

secondly there are reports of straight people passing on HIV on purpose, both male and female.

in none of the reports homosexual or Heterosexual are there mention of 'Special Aids giving rings' that homosexuals carry.



posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 01:29 PM
link   
I do believe a read on ATS the Pat Robertson made a fortune by essentially stealing a gold mine in Africa.


I don't know what is crazier, Pat saying that or the people who believe him.



posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 01:41 PM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower
 


It would appear from your post

that

you believe that

WHEN Pat uses "some," it's a blanket blackwash

but when YOU

use "some," you only mean "some."

I'm curious how you got in Pat's head and heart sufficiently to discern that

HE used "some" soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

outrageously differently

than YOU did?



new topics

top topics



 
18
<< 1  2    4 >>

log in

join