It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Explosion reported in Damascus

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 07:41 PM
link   
Reports are coming in from twitter of a large explosion in Damascus:

REPORT LARGE EXPLOSION IN CENTRAL DAMASCUS IN THE MUHAJRIN AREA JUST A KILOMETER AWAY FROM PRESIDENTIAL RESIDENCE.”

Source: twitter.com...

A lot of chatter indicating major activity in the City.

Is it possible the attack has began?

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 07:46 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 07:53 PM
link   
There are blast there everyday. Nothing new. I believe that a massive surgical strike will happen pretty soon. Not just one blast. If I was Assad i would start a preemptive strike on all enemy's. He knows his time is coming to a end, so why would you like to go out like Saddam or Gardarfi.

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 07:55 PM
link   
reply to post by cass1dy09

Yet not a peep about this on RT or any other media outlet. Sounds pretty sketchy does it not?

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 07:58 PM
link   
reply to post by jtma508

It does. A lot of activity on twitter including a claim it was an anti aircraft missile landing near the palace.

I'd be surprised if the attack had started as UK Parliament has not had its chance to be recalled and debate intervention but that doesn't prevent the US from going it alone.

Seems unlikely they would as they'd want to be seen to be acting as part of a coalition rather than unilaterally.

Still, until it can be fully debunked, it is worth being aware of.

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 07:59 PM
link   
reply to post by jtma508

Yeah seeing as I saw an RT article the other day by 1 of Putin's military staff saying Russia would not respond if Syria was attacked . Would be neat if it was true though, Putin flexing!

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 08:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by cass1dy09
reply to post by jtma508

Yeah seeing as I saw an RT article the other day by 1 of Putin's military staff saying Russia would not respond if Syria was attacked . Would be neat if it was true though, Putin flexing!

Well, after being threatened by the Saudi's of using the Chechen terrorist during the 2014 Winter Olympics, he might have had second thoughts....

According to Kremlin sources familiar with this extraordinary “war order,” Putin became “enraged” after his early August meeting with Saudi Prince Bandar bin Sultan who warned that if Russia did not accept the defeat of Syria, Saudi Arabia would unleash Chechen terrorists under their control to cause mass death and chaos during the Winter Olympics scheduled to be held 7-23 February 2014 in Sochi, Russia.

Nothing like good old fashioned blackmail. :shk:

Wonder what the UN would say about this terrorist threat?
Or the US?
Probably nothing.....

edit on 27-8-2013 by snarky412 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 08:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by cass1dy09
Saw that, just was reading this also: Putin Orders Massive Strike Against Saudi Arabia If West Attacks Syria

By: Sorcha Faal, and as reported to her Western Subscribers

Sorcha Faal... Internet Hoax Queen Courtesy of David Booth.

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 08:11 PM
link   
reply to post by snarky412

You are aware that is from the EU times. Nothing they say is true.

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 08:22 PM
link   
Twitter is reporting NEW chem-weapon attack:

1)Jobar, #Damascus, 28-08-2013, 2:00 a.m.: Regime forces have again deployed poison gas in Damascus, this time in the Jobar neighbourhood,

twitter.com...

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 08:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by aarys

You are aware that is from the EU times. Nothing they say is true.

Ah, kinda like our MSM.

Watch 3 or 4 different news channels and get 3 or 4 different spins, all with differing info according to what their main agenda is.

Yep, I'm aware of dis-info......

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 08:24 PM
link   
I found this interesting as well...

www.israelnationalnews.com...

A two-day exercise involving security and rescue forces is going to be held in the Golan Heights. Noise from the gunfire and explosives are expected to be heard and felt throughout the area.

Golan Heights just happens to border Syria.. hmm

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 08:29 PM
link   
Just got this off Twitter

Dan Scavino‏@DanScavino42m
#Breaking #Syria strike may have begun #Twitter chatter about #Damascus explosions by Presidents home..wow..@CNN confirm? @CBS? @NBC? @ABC?

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 08:41 PM
link   
The zombies are winning...
It starts soon.
stay sharp.

edit on 27-8-2013 by Thorneblood because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 08:47 PM
link   

Not to suggest our MSM should be confused with journalism but these stories and their source are blatant hoaxes. There isn't an ounce of fact in either. This kind of sensational rubbish oozes out of them like a boil.

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 09:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Trillium

Nothing on the news anywhere yet that I can see.

I'm watching though

It certainly would not be the first time I have read something on ATS before it hits the news.

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 09:17 PM
link   
Ah that's an Sorcha Faal article? say no more.

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 09:35 PM
link   
RT.com has it up on their syria blog. All it says is explosion being reported, may be the same twitter source they are using.
Linky

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 09:44 PM
link   
With the news media all over the world watching the current situation in Syria, I would expect them to go full blast "breaking news" showing the cruise missiles being fired.

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 03:21 AM
link   
According to at least one British newspaper the SAS are already on the ground there....ho hum.
Rainbows
Jane

new topics

top topics

join