It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why did Jesus preach an incomplete message?

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 10:25 AM
link   
reply to post by ServantOfTheLamb

. . . grace was made possible through the sacrifice of Jesus, and as for evidence in the Bible for the doctrine of grace Ephesians 2:8-9, Romans 11:6, Romans 3:10-28, . . .
. . . . . .
Much has been written about the different approaches taken by Peter and Paul in presenting the Gospel of Grace to their audiences. Some claim that Peter didn't mention having our sins forgiven by the Lord’s sacrifice but instead preached a message of repentance and baptism.
Looking at one of the passages in your partial list, Romans 3, it mentions the grace of God in verse 24.
We are justified freely by his grace, which is that we can come into conformity with the criteria of being righteous by the gift that God presented, which is Jesus as our mercy seat that is approachable by the blood of Jesus which we have use of by believing in it. Which is a direct contrast being made by Paul, to the old system that is described in the Old Testament, that was only made available by following a whole list of laws.
It is possible to be righteous apart from that law, thanks to the generosity of God of providing a path to it that is based on faith. And that faith is the hearing and believing, and repentance and the lifestyle of being a good member of the believing community of the congregation of Christ.
edit on 29-8-2013 by jmdewey60 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 12:53 PM
link   
reply to post by 3NL1GHT3N3D1

The Son came to preach to his fellow brethren the message of the kingdom within and without(which is also within).
The gospels are guidelines for yourself to reflect on your inner-reality(consciousness if you will) to better yourself.

The goal is to be like Jesus was on the inside, which reflects in our works. To tame your mind to think no nasty thoughts, to tame your heart to be pure with true love/care. To tame your hands from doing bad deeds etc.

When that work is complete you will longer have to contemplate on taming yourself and you will be like him. A Son of God.

Like he said, "Whoever does the will of my Father in heaven is my brother, sister and mother." I.e: Like Him.

Do not worry why his message is uncomplete or whatnot, Do what is good and feel's right and have a pure heart and mind in doing so.

Hope you have an enlightening life.

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Jesus said everything he need to...You need to be esoteric about the bible not just read it and listen to sermons at church...You must learn what it means to be a disciple. Take his words serious, more serious than any preacher pope...You need to go beyond Christianity. Beyond the church. Learn how to learn who you are, so you can begin to be who you want to be. Or What you want be. What jesus wants you to be?

Jesus's disciples did not follow read or preach the words of Christ, which is what every single Christian and Catholic does...as well as the pope. They lived breathed studied and worked to be scholars of Christ Consciousness. Jesus Couldn't tell you a damned thing. Christ could. Jesus was the man Christ is GOD.

The weird thing on does not need to be a christian or have belief in any religion in order to obtain Christ Consciousness... Nough said...

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 01:55 PM
link   
Completing What Is Lacking in Christ.

I know, sounds ridiculous and absurd, but it is true that the Great Work of the Ages isn't completed until Christ's joy is complete, in us. Then and only then is the circle joined.

How difficult then, can it be?

As a Christian, is Christ's joy complete in you?

Oh of course there is suffering, but, the more that sorrow and suffering has carved into our being the more joy we can contain.

How pathetic then, considering the degree to which Jesus did all the heavy lifting, that we are unable to complete the circle of joy?

Think about it...

Who can present the Good News of the Gospel without absolute joy, happiness and thus good humor?

Any presentation of what God has made possible in the person and Great Work of Jesus, which doesn't contain the prospect of the completion of Christ's joy, or in other words that's presented very seriously, maybe with a threat of hell thrown in and a wagging finger of should and should not - IS NOT the Gospel.

The fruits are very easy then to spot. Humorless and joyless Christians are not real Christians, or if they are true believers are unwilling to do their TINY part, to complete the Great Work of the Ages.

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 04:04 PM
link   

You gotta read Poem of the Man~God by Maria Valtorta!

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 05:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Sump3

We have similar views. I do not believe Jesus had an incomplete message and I believe he said everything he had to say while on Earth. My question was based on Paul's message which deviates from Jesus' and only came into the fold several years after Jesus died. Christians believing Paul's message is part of Jesus' means they also believe Jesus didn't say everything he needed to while on Earth, whether they admit it or not.

Thanks.

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 05:35 PM
link   

Take that which is good from what Paul says and stick to that, leave the things that contradict it out.

But yes, dogmatic views upon the view of the bible descends the meaning of true faith. Contradicting truth and believing everything that is said in the bible without contemplating on it with true love/care thins the message out.

One who does just that lives in an inner reality made out of glass as he is constantly trying to preserve that glass house by arguing and quoting constantly in and of the bible.

Rather people should extract the meaning of that which Christ meant with the gospel and warp that unto everything they see and hear. Take that which is good in essence and leads to good, and throw that out which is bad in essence and leads to bad. Think that came somewhat from "Paul"

Love, care and compassion to you kind being.

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 05:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Sump3

This is the ONLY thing in all Pauls books that is even worth while reading....

4 Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. 5 It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. 6 Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. 7 It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.

8 Love never fails.

And only shows the fact that the God of the OT was not the same one Jesus spoke of...

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 06:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

That is indeed what love is. And yes, the most worthwhile read in Paul's scriptures.

On another god though, I rather say he extended the true essence of that which God is to people who were only trying to figure out the "key" to life and thereof to God through that which is known as the 'Torah' by modern and earlier jews.

Imagine the Torah as the world. It is the Law. Golden mean spiral, the nature of numbers and of how the world acts through them. The Torah today is most commonly known as the books of Moses, by more esoteric standards as we would label it today it is that which I said above.

In these books of Moses it is spoken of the most high commandmests, i.e. the summary of the Torah which is what Christ said also. Love thy god with all thy heart, mind and body. And love thy neighbor as you love thyself.
As should we all. Many Jewish scholars have acknowledged this.

I will say one thing more. God is all, everywhere, he is a double edged sword. Good / Bad. But what he wants us to do is live up to be as the before mentioned quality. And therefore I say, nei, he is even more than good and bad. He is unmeasurable. But as he is reflected unto us in this world is through good and bad.

We are not to be as the adversary, the one who acts as a traitor to good. Rather should we live to be the Messiah, The Son of God, all of us, the one who acts as a fruit to good.

“For truly, I say to you, till heaven and earth pass away, not an iota, not a dot, will pass the law until all is accomplished. Whoever then relaxes one of the least of these commandments and teaches men so, shall be called least in the kingdom of heaven; but he who does them and teaches them shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven.” - I am not one for quoting much to convey my meaning, but since this is what is said he had said and I feel it to be good to respect the Law/Torah I wanted to.

But I know you are referring to the slaughter of men, children and more that you are referring to by saying what you say. Don't take it all to literally/seriously, we are but only men, how can we fathom the unfathomable?

Might as well say that God caused the tsjernobyl accident
. Maybe that is what they perceived who wrote those particular scriptures in the bible which deal with those kind of topics. I say, God is All, but live up to be that which is Good within and be a Son to him. As I say, we are only men and we know little to nothing, we can't even know the standards of God, only the standards that are within us which unfold for us through chemical reactions and electrical currents and are conveyed to us as feelings. But we should live up to what we are given as we are judged by what we know.

Hope I have not confused or rambled on to much here.

God bless you.

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 06:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

Yes, Yahweh kept a record of wrongs, the atrocities he committed such as the flood, Sodom and Gomorrah, and killing the Amalekites without mercy based on their actions proves that he is not the god of love mentioned in the NT.

I'd like to add a few other things from Paul which I think have some value as well.

Romans 1
20 For since the creation of the world God's invisible qualities--his eternal power and divine nature--have been clearly seen, being understood from what has been made, so that people are without excuse.

In my opinion, these invisible qualities of God that Paul mentions deal with our invisible qualities, such as the 7 senses (yes there are 7 not 5), which are invisible but are known by what is made, a.k.a. feeling, smell, etc. Our thoughts are also invisible, yet they are clearly seen, same with memories.

Colossians 1
15 The Son is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn over all creation. 16 For in him all things were created: things in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or powers or rulers or authorities; all things have been created through him and for him. 17 He is before all things, and in him all things hold together.

The Son is our image, the image of consciousness, what we see, and everything holds together within our image.

While I think Paul knew the real God, he deceived people into believing a different version of him.

My opinion is that while he was persecuting Christians, he got hold of some of their teachings and plagiarized them and called them his own.

Either that, or he traveled with Jesus and learned from him then turned his teachings around to fit Rome's desires. This is one of the theories I have when it comes to Paul/Peter being the same person.
edit on 29-8-2013 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 06:11 PM
link   
Did you ever consider that just because your phone keeps losing reception doesn't mean the person on the other end stopped talking?
edit on 29-8-2013 by KAOStheory because: (no reason given)

edit on 29-8-2013 by KAOStheory because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 06:21 PM
link   
reply to post by KAOStheory

I'm not sure what your point is. Could you clarify a bit?

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 06:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Sump3

I like you, man.

--MJ

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 07:08 PM
link   
reply to post by MJMEochaid7

And I love and have care you. May the one who truly and only is good be with you.

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 07:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Sump3

Right back atcha, my brother. Let's rock for Light. Eh?

--MJ

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 07:11 PM
link   
Get a room guys...

JK!!

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 07:12 PM
link   
Please take a look here-- www.urantia.org...
and then look closer... The best info I have found, and am still perusing after 30 years. Peace be with You.

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 07:14 PM
link   
please check this out....www.urantia.org...

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 07:19 PM
link   
reply to post by MJMEochaid7

Aye, the time has long come, is here and is still yet to come. Never shall we stop conveying that which is good.

I am a child of light.

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 07:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

You might as well join in skipper

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join