It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I'd like to show you a de-blurred HOAX picture of the Clementine Structure...

page: 13
<< 10  11  12   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 06:32 PM
link   
reply to post by ExquisitExamplE

Let's break it down real fast:

The image phage used is the image from the original post. That image did not come from the Navy. Phage said it *MAY* have come from a previous version of the clementine browser and screen capped, but we can't verify that. The image with the blur, as confirmed by the OP, came from a conspiracy website. It did not come from the Navy as far as we can tell.

In Phages over/under image, the top image is the actual image from the OP and the lower image is from the Navy. It looks like phage used markers to show the images were from the same location and to confirm that no structures were in the area.

The image from Skeptic overlord is not a "new image". It is the original image from the Navy. Your confusion is you are assuming the assumption that the blurred image came from a previous version of clementine browser is accurate, when in reality we don't know exactly how that image was created, a best guess was made.

The reason this was moved to the hoax bin is specifically that. The original image was sourced from a conspiracy site, and the blur can't be replicated at this time. The original image as provided by the Navy does not have the blur. It could well be that someone perpetuated a hoax by blurring the area of no data in order to make it seem the Navy was hiding something, or it could well be, as Phage said, that the image came from an old version of the clementine browser which blurred areas that did not contain data.

And again, Funskters technique does not work on images as the actual light source of the image isn't changing. It only works if you have images taken of an object and the light source around the object changed. You need multiple images for this to work, not a single image with a blur covering a patch of no data.
edit on 9-9-2013 by raymundoko because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2013 @ 01:14 AM
link   
reply to post by raymundoko

He didn't say it *MAY* have come from the Navy site, he said it came from the Navy site. Nowhere in his post does he use the word "may". I'm not sure where you got that from, but it's incorrect.

Post in Question

Phage
reply to post by tothetenthpower

Actually none of the images are from NASA, they're from the US Navy. Clementine was the Navy's baby.

However the image fiddled with by the OP was also from the Navy. The thing is, it came from an early version (1.5) of the image browser. That browser was buggy and produced a number of oddities in its attempts to create image mosaics "on demand". Better tools are now available to access the original dataset.

I still contend that there are two separate images we are dealing with, as per my previous post. Again, if Phage says the image originated from the Navy's Clementine site, I'd tend to believe him as he's usually pretty on point in matters such as these. Perhaps I'll ask him to return and clarify.

posted on Sep, 11 2013 @ 02:13 AM
link   
reply to post by ExquisitExamplE

Phage can probably tell us what his thoughts were, but what I took away from that is that the 1.5 browser no longer exists. None of us were able to find the blurred photo on any site associated with clementine or the Navy. I am fairly certain Phage was making a best guess.

posted on Sep, 28 2013 @ 06:14 AM
link   
Are there examples that exist of similar data drop outs that resemble this smudged effect?

Does anyone have any details of how many tiles that are used to make up this image? From my understanding of these moon images, several tiles are used to create them.

It would help to see some type of grid over the structure to show where the tiles have been stitched together.

When data loss occurs, as in if an image tile is partially downloaded, what happens?

It looks to me like a combination of a corrupted data set combined with a smudge.

That said, if I wanted to cover something up without blacking it out, I would create lots of these smudges over various locations. So I think it depends on whether there are any other examples of this.

edit on 28-9-2013 by devpeople because: poor spelling

top topics

<< 10  11  12   >>

join