It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alien Agenda - By Jim Marrs - Anyone read this book?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 05:17 PM
link   
I am one of those people...Once I start a book I have this OCD to finish regardless if its terrible.....

So to save me wasting my time reading a possible terrible book, I picked up a book for a couple of bucks called Alien Agenda by Jim Marrs.

Has anyone read this book, care to give me their 2 cents on it?

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 05:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Nephilimsreturn

Yeah sure,

It's as good a start as any and better than most. Jim is a good writer, so at least you will be entertained while you are being held hostage by your OCD.

edit on 27-8-2013 by Bybyots because: .

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 05:26 PM
link   
Yes, I've read it. It's one of my favorites.
To be honest, I like Rule By Secrecy much better.
But both of those books of his are really good ... IMHO.

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 05:28 PM
link   
2 out of 2 say read it, so it looks like I will give it a try. Luckily I'm on nightshift so I have at least 8 hours a night to get into this book

edit on 27-8-2013 by Nephilimsreturn because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 05:29 PM
link   

sadly, yes

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 05:29 PM
link   

Dont know if you realize but Mr Marrs has his own forum here at ATS www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 05:31 PM
link   
My etheric homonculus underling is whispering in my ear that Jim M. is up next for Ask Me Anything.

2nd

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 05:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bybyots
My etheric homonculus underling is whispering in my ear that Jim M. is up next for Ask Me Anything.

2nd

hehe, maybe i should have waited and asked.

Jim, thanks for doing Q&A. Question, Should I read your book, or is it terrible?

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 05:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

I second that motion, Jim Marrs "Rule by Secrecy" is an absolute treat.

It goes way back and connects the secret societies to modern day.

It's in my top three.

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 05:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

Ditto on Rule By Secrecy. I have and read Alien Agenda but it has been so long I don't remember. But since I kept it while getting rid of others, I must have liked it

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 06:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bybyots

2nd

So hoping you are right on this. He has a wide range of knowledge on sooo many areas of interest.

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 06:10 PM
link   
Ok, I shall officially read it. At the same time I also picked up the book.

You can't tell the people - The definitive account of the Rendlesham forest UFO Mystery

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 06:15 PM
link   

Lol I have the same thing, except it extends to book series as well.

Very minor compulsion though I've been able to break it, though it took me 4 books into a series... Id rather not talk about.

Good call on asking around first.

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 06:19 PM
link   
Remember if you only read what others consider to be 'good' then you might only get half the story.

Years ago i got into conspiracy stuff by reading and watching what other conspiracy buffs said was 'good' or the 'truth' and for a long time i thought i had it all worked out. Wasn't until a few years later i started reading everything else on these subjects and i was surprised to find quite a bit of the stuff that was considered 'good' wasn't as water tight as i had believed (and that's being polite lol).

I find him to be a very believable and likable character and a very clever theorist. He obviously does a LOT of hard research for his books. He is a journalist , researcher and an author. I tend to find his theories earth bound theories a lot more credible than 'some' of his UFO theories.

He certainly knows just how far he can stretch a theory without crossing over into crazy town. Unlike a lot of others he doesn't just make stuff up and then try to find obscure facts to prove it. I put him in a much higher class of writer than almost anyone else i can think off in the 'conspiracy' business.

edit on 27-8-2013 by PhoenixOD because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 06:19 PM
link   
I loved the chapter on the moon in ALIEN AGENDA. Totally fascinating.

Haven't read his others!

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 06:22 PM
link   

Anything by Mr. Marrs, is well worth your time. Alien Agenda and Rule by Secresy are two of my favorites by him.

I just finished his latest "Our occulted History" this weekend and found that to be very informative and fun to read as well.

Even if you a re familiar with the subject matter he presents, he presents it in his own imitable folksy style.

Jim Marrs is one of a handful of authors I buy both on my Kindle for ease of reading, and in hardback for my library.

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 07:41 PM
link   
delete response please MS
edit on 2010 by mysterioustranger because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 02:46 PM
link   
Read it and then read Rise of the 4th Reich as well.

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 07:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Asktheanimals

Rise of the Fourth Reich is definitely one of his best works. Though I really liked Rule by Secrecy and Trillion Dollar Conspiracy a lot as well. I'm a huge fan of his work and loved everything I've read.

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 08:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by peter vlar
reply to post by Asktheanimals

Rise of the Fourth Reich is definitely one of his best works. Though I really liked Rule by Secrecy and Trillion Dollar Conspiracy a lot as well. I'm a huge fan of his work and loved everything I've read.

If "Rise of the Fourth Reich" doesn't wake someone up nothing will. Loved it, but unfortunately have not read "Alien Agenda", but will definitely do so now.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join