It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BREAKING NEWS: Syrian Electronic Army takes down New York Times website

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 07:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Superhans
Nope, i quoted you. You specifically said it was my wiki which it is not.

Yeah but you linked to the Syrian Electronic Armys wiki page, you know exactly what I meant, so don't play games with me. Whatever, sounds like a personal problem with comprehension that you have.

Im obsessed?

Yeah. Either that or you're possessed. Just look at your Ted Bundy avatar, who was a sick and twisted lunatic. That says it all for me about you. LMAO! Nah........

You have said it more than I and i really don't care the reason why you spell it that way or whatever deep meaning you think it has.

Sure you do, Don't lie.

Truth is that it probably just means people who disagree with you on some topics.

No not at all, I know Sheople who agree with me on many things. Like their taste in music, food or favorite sports team. Hell I even know some sheople who agree with me on many political issues, but they are brainwashed by the fake two party system sometimes as well. You know the type, their Party can never do no wrong?

Anyway let's stick to the topic of the thread from here on out, otherwise you and I both know where that road leads to here if we do not. I am not Mad, I have agreed with your posts in the past. Time to move on my friend. ~$heopleNation

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 01:21 AM
link   
Hmm,I thought DHS had a handle on this or is it a message to other newspapers and media about not going along with the program.Don't bang the war drums loud enough? Expect to be taken offline.

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 02:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by H1ght3chHippie
Giving me a 500 error right now.

The NY Times doesn't really strike me as war mongers, their reports are quite decent for a mainstream media mouthpiece.

They should take down Fox news instead lol

the NY times has been owned by the zionists since 1896. trust them like a cobra.

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 09:46 AM
link   
"The Agency's relationship with [The New York] Times was by far its most valuable among newspapers, according to CIA officials. [It was] general Times policy ... to provide assistance to the CIA whenever possible." -- The CIA and the Media, by Carl Bernstein

Only the NYTimes IT Department could be causing the outage on www.nytimes.com for the past 24 hours. After Tuesday's registrar hack was fixed, the Times seriously disabled their own website.

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 12:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by scoobyrob
wonder how they knew it was the Syrian army... seems a bit quick to be jumping to conclusions unless I'm missing something here, do they have something to tie them to this incident? or are they just guessing and pointing fingers to further their agenda against the Syrian government....??

If their IT people know anything then it isn't hard to derive a location from an IP address.

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 12:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Laxpla
reply to post by ATSmediaPRO

That's photo-shopped or they just edited the HTML to make it look hacked.

Link

Actually, it was legitimately hacked.

Twitter has issued the following statement on the DNS record issues with Twimg.com.:

At 20:49 UTC, our DNS registrar experienced an issue in which it appears DNS records for various organizations were modified, including one of Twitter’s domains used for image serving,twimg.com. Viewing of images and photos was sporadically impacted. By 22:29 UTC, the original domain record for twimg.comwas restored. No Twitter user information was affected by this incident.

: Melbourne IT is now providing a statement, which we’ve pasted in below (h/t Matthew Keys)

The credentials of a Melbourne IT reseller (username and password) were used to access a reseller account on Melbourne IT’s systems.

The DNS records of several domain names on that reseller account were changed – including nytimes.com

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 07:41 PM
link   
I would not be surprised to learn the "Syrian Electronic Army" is actually just two nerds in the NSA basement.

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 08:14 PM
link   
Banks are next.

Imagine what will happen when a few million accounts suddenly read $0.00

That 9% in favor of bombing Syria will jump to 100%

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 07:20 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 07:23 PM
link   
I just noticed that all of the WSJ posts on Facebook are in Spanish. I'm wondering if they were hacked as well.

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 09:10 PM
link   
reply to post by deviant300

Syrian Electronic army is something like Anonymous working for Assad? right? or i don't understand the details

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 09:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Engonoceras

i think two thousand nerds)) i've read they've hacked some governmental resource

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 09:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Esrom Escutcheon Esquire

media wars is today reality. brands producing toilet paper fight in internet, politicians fight over the internet, it's our reality i suppose

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 10:06 PM
link   
The UK might be the ones behind this attack on the NYT. The UK found out that NYT had Snowden documents and told them to destroy those documents. So did the UK attack the website and knock them off line until they destroy the documents?

www.reuters.com...

By Mark Hosenball
WASHINGTON | Fri Aug 30, 2013 1:54pm EDT
(Reuters) - The British government has asked the New York Times to destroy copies of documents leaked by former National Security Agency contractor Edward Snowden related to the operations of the U.S. spy agency and its British partner, Government Communications Headquarters (GCHQ), people familiar with the matter said.

The British request, made to Times executive editor Jill Abramson by a senior official at the British Embassy in Washington D.C., was greeted by Abramson with silence, according to the sources. British officials indicated they intended to follow up on their request later with the Times, but never did, one of the sources said.

And a company that tells you how the hackers did it putting blame on Syrian Electronic Army is paid by a CIA front company InQTel.

www.newsfactor.com...

"Imagine an attack where I walk in to the office where the telephone records are kept, and I fraudulently rewrite all the numbers associated with The New York Times," says Mike Lloyd chief technical officer at security firm RedSeal Networks. "In the physical world, this attack wouldn't be practical. In the online world, this same attack is much more practical, and quite hard to prevent."

RedSeal Networks.the CIA front company.

en.wikipedia.org...

RedSeal Networks is a network security company that provides proactive security intelligence to large organizations. The company's solutions have been adopted by organizations around the world to help them continuously monitor the effectiveness of their IT security infrastructure. This helps them identify protection gaps, create actionable metrics, and reduce operational risk. The company is backed by a number of venture capital firms as well as In-Q-Tel, the IT procurement arm of the U.S. intelligence community.[

InQTel the CIA funding.

en.wikipedia.org...

In-Q-Tel of Arlington, Virginia, United States is a not-for-profit venture capital firm that invests in high-tech companies for the sole purpose of keeping the Central Intelligence Agency, and other intelligence agencies, equipped with the latest in information technology in support of United States intelligence capability.

Makes you wonder what is going on?

edit on 30-8-2013 by JBA2848 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 11:40 AM
link   
reply to post by JBA2848

As posted above its publicly known that the SEA has hacked the DNS records for the NYT. So given their history in this matter its pretty logical to point the finger at the SEA. Anyways, with the Brits being an ally how would it look if they were hacking the servers of US Corporation's? Technology today allows us to pretty easily figure out where these attacks come from, I don't think they would risk something like that. There are legal ways to go about resolving the dispute the Brits had with NYT, and I'm sure that's the way they would go.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join