It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Americans , aren't you going to do something

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 10:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by downtown436
All the war protestors are on vacation until we get another Republican in the white house.

Until then, Obama has a free pass to bomb who ever he wants, in the name of peace. He is a Nobel prize winner after all.

You mean Obomba, don't you?

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 10:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by TinfoilTP

Originally posted by mideast
Salam and peace ATS members.

I was thinking much about the situation we are in for almost one year.

Syria. It has been clear for you who these rebels are. And if it isn't , check here

I want to talk some sentences to American people..

You know that US govt was involved in Iraq and Afghanistan based on lies and they were brain washing people before 9/11 ans WMD's.

You saw that GWB from Skull & Bones torn these countries apart.Now it is turn for John Kerry.

How comes that you still buy what your govt is telling you and don't stand against it ?

What is wrong with you ?

Aren't you going to do something ?

Chemical weapons are a no no.

I ask you, why you want to let Assad's regime mow down more of humanity with chemical weapons?

It's a done deal, the US vice President Joe Biden has stated in public that Assad is guilty of using chemical weapons.

Bombs away and pass the popcorn, retribution is on its way to teach Assad a lesson for crossing the red line.

How do you know that assad used chemical weapons?

From this lying a** government?

Come on.

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 10:47 PM
link   
reply to post by mideast

well peaceful protesting doesn't work and as far as i can tell.. the only thing rioting has done in the ME is the destruction of their nation as rioting breaks out into civil war.

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 11:28 PM
link   
Do you suppose anyone would take notice if numerous US citizens were to write the governments of Russia and China commending them for vetoing what appears to be hasty decisions from our government that we can no longer control and thanking them for their help in protecting Snowden?.... Do you suppose that it would at least give them something to gloat about to our deaf US leaders?

What about a petition to let the UN do it's job through our own channels here in the US?

At least it would show our disapproval to our ELECTED leaders. We put them in office. They have no right to do this when the public opinion is overwhelmingly that we should stay out of it.

People can shift blame all they want, how is that going to help when the actions of our government reflect on US?

That is just typical back and forth net bickering and it completely glosses over the fact that we are fueling this, we are about to dump MUCH MORE fuel on this, people will die and if this country were to get attacked as a result, how did any of the shifting of blame help? Very juvenile it is to say "well SO WHAT we are about to strike someone else's country, they did this and they did that wrong" Like we have a right to point the finger to anyone with all the suffering we have unleashed onto the world. Forget about that stupid argument for a minute because this isn't a game of net points and stars. This is real. When the world gets sick of this coddled attitude and the strikes hit here in the US... I hope you will all remember back in the days when we might have had the chance to stop it.

These are OUR leaders, we have a responsibility to at least ATTEMPT to not allow them to make the world want to blow us to smithereens... and if we do not take that responsibility seriously, then God help us... because sooner or later, it's going to catch up to us.

The biggest thing the US gov has going against them is massive disapproval.

We cannot let them blow the opinions of those still asleep and ignorant of this trail of global events out of proportion and make it sound like this is how we all feel.... because when we sit back and allow this, no wonder the world hates us.

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 11:35 PM
link   

Salam and peace ATS members.

I was thinking much about the situation we are in for almost one year.

Syria. It has been clear for you who these rebels are. And if it isn't , check here

I want to talk some sentences to American people..

You know that US govt was involved in Iraq and Afghanistan based on lies and they were brain washing people before 9/11 ans WMD's.

You saw that GWB from Skull & Bones torn these countries apart.Now it is turn for John Kerry.

How comes that you still buy what your govt is telling you and don't stand against it ?

What is wrong with you ?

Surely, you don't live here. Why don't we do....... something?

My friend, we are in the process of being unconstitutionally oppressed and suppressed by our own government just like MANY other citizens around the world by their governments. We citizens are sucked into the illusion that we have no power under the rule of law within our countries. And technically, we don't. We will be jailed and locked away until who knows when.

This is why I say.. honestly, there can never be a true level of peace unless there is a GLOBAL revolution of power at the same time and we get people of the new together and reform the world Until that happens we can never start fresh.

Sounds like a pipe-dream, I know.. but how else can we move past all of this rubbish of today's world. Look around.. EVERYBODY is suffering for the exception of a few thousand people living the good life. Equality needs to be brought to the world.. not just America and select countries through war and death..

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 11:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zcustosmorum

Originally posted by downtown436
All the war protestors are on vacation until we get another Republican in the white house.

Until then, Obama has a free pass to bomb who ever he wants, in the name of peace. He is a Nobel prize winner after all.

You mean Obomba, don't you?

That's kind of gangsterish, isn't it? Like he thought it up while at a hip hop party drinking some gin.

"And when I get into the white house, they'll call me O Bomba"

Like Ol' Bomba.

I have noticed the disturbing irony as well.

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 11:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by mekhanics
When truth hits the fan then you shall see bit-wits make counter-sh##ty argument in order to deflect the original argument.

How about.... because our government is a 100 times better at offing its own than most other governments. Fear?

So what will be done, well protests will end up happing, already do happen.

At this point, they could use the nsa gathered bit of info, to publicly kill a person for their political actions; organizing protests.

Pretty much what would have to be done, is a small group would have to go out, get either beaten to death or imprisoned for the sake of showing the rest of the country the bull#.

Is it a problem to be scared of a government that has weapons that can kill you using sound? Or how about drones, and "info gathering" from which it can claim it has "evidence" to say your a terrorist and need to be locked up INDEFINITELY.

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 11:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Mizzijr

You mean, wait until they finally get a death ray. Sounds like a great plan.

While some of what you are saying is true, we are all out of excuses.

Well...except this last one. We can't do anything because they have shut our brains down.

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 11:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

What is wrong with you ?

Iran is involved in Syria just as much as anyone else. Iran supports the international terrorism.
Iran keeps the terrorist group Hamas alive. The government of Iran lies to it's citizens and
doesn't allow freedom of speech. Iran hangs homosexuals in the streets simply because they
are homosexual. Iran locks up political prisoners and lets them die in prisons without having
trials .. or without them having legitimate trials. Iran walks hand in hand with North Korea,
which mass murders it's civilians by starving them to death.

What is wrong with you?
Aren't you going to do something??
edit on 8/27/2013 by FlyersFan because: added n. korea

thats the same as saying iran supports the usa, as they are amongst the top leaders/practitioners of terrorism ever existing. they start all the wars, some 10's of wars since WW2. does iran spoil a 4 y.o.'s garden to help her crippled mother? do they send drones to foreign countries and kill innocent mothers and kids? is your head in the sand?

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 11:48 PM
link   
reply to post by shaukuna

I came home from doing volunteer work and saw this thread and started reading it.
Finally after 7 pages some one , being you, wrote my thoughts out for me.

---

Mideast - to answer your first post -

I do a lot of talking to people on a daily basis. I happen to work at a media ploace now
and it sickens me that we can NOT print the what is going on, for fear of loosing our readers
and shutting down. We tend to leave a lot of stories and news out and just basicaly stick to
the warm heart feeling articles that people read smile and forget the problems of the world.
Then they turn around and watch main stream media (msm) and get filled with such stories that just
spread fear and hate.

No matter how many times I put something in that is needed to know, it is just taken out later
down the line. When we asked our readers about changing some stuff up most of the people chimed
in and said no to change. They want everything left as it is.

Because of the 1st Amendment, I still use my voice. I still try to put things in so people will know.
No matter what even if I get fired, I will still make my voice and the voice of others heard.
I can not afford to head to Washington DC to stand with a sign that says bring our troops home / stay home.
or a sign that says while people starve the fat cats get fatter.
or a sign that says want to stop my retirement check how about stopping your pay for a few months
and see what its like not having food.

My voice might not be heard
but I still try.

I'll stick with my signature if I would not get arrested for it.

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 11:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dreine
By the by...

The title of this thread could also be

"Muslims, aren't you going to do something?"

But as you can tell, the only Mideast (
) countries even concerning themselves with Syria is Iran and Israel, for a proxy war.

America has it's own problems that we should address first! Getting involved in another Shia/Sunni hatefest is not one of them.

It doesn't matter mow many times I say , you just buy what your MSM tells you.

This is not Shia-Sunni war.

This is WAhhabis who don't consider who they are fighting.

You just heard Shia-Sonni war and repeat it but you don't like to know that is true in this situation or not ?

Do little study for yourself.

Or

You don't like because you have been taught to be numb about Muslims ?

Anyway - deny ignorance a bit.

"You don't like because you have been taught to be numb about Muslims?"

Ah, but you are making unfounded assumptions. No one has "taught" me to be numb about Muslims, nor could they. It's facile to believe that all Americans (or citizens of the UK, France, Italy, etc.) have a "one size fits all" mentality. As my old granny would say, "Pot, meet Kettle."

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 11:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Pinkorchid

About those Jihadists, seems they are getting their funding from the American administration and vicariously the people of the U.S. Now the administration want to go bomb Syria because their funded rebels use chemical weapons ..... talk about the pot calling the kettle black.

the U.S. earlier this week pledged $60 million in food rations and medical supplies to the Free Syrian Army. It marked the first time that the Obama administration publicly committed itself to sending aid to the armed factions battling President Bashar al-Assad.

www.wnd.com...

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 12:01 AM
link   
In my opinion, anyone with a religious affiliation lives under a glass ceiling. Way to put limitations on your experience on the most amazing planet in the entire Universe. We have had one Civil War here in the States... I'd ask you how many civil wars Islamic countries have had... but oh wait it's been a constant battle for well over 2000 years. My vote is to make the Middle East a parking lot for China. Either start behaving or what we drop on Tehran will be 100 times worse than Hiroshima and Nagasaki combined.

We need to bring our men and women home and let the barbarians fight it out. What are they gonna do? Strap themselves with C4 and swim to the US? Not many inbound flights from Afghanistan that aren't U.S. Military...

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 12:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by SerpoDreamer
In my opinion, anyone with a religious affiliation lives under a glass ceiling. Way to put limitations on your experience on the most amazing planet in the entire Universe. We have had one Civil War here in the States... I'd ask you how many civil wars Islamic countries have had... but oh wait it's been a constant battle for well over 2000 years. My vote is to make the Middle East a parking lot for China. Either start behaving or what we drop on Tehran will be 100 times worse than Hiroshima and Nagasaki combined.

We need to bring our men and women home and let the barbarians fight it out. What are they gonna do? Strap themselves with C4 and swim to the US? Not many inbound flights from Afghanistan that aren't U.S. Military...

because...like.... you've been around the universe and all- was able to compare multiple billions of planets and just know this one is the greatest.

our country has a short history. in that short history, we have done some of the most despicable things to other humans.

regions with some of the longest written history have suffered infiltration throughout that history...foreign infiltration. how can you even cite 2000 year history of that region when the ones causing so much trouble at the beginning of that exact time frame you mention, were not even from that region... They were ROMANS.

Also do not forget that there was a golden era for the arab world... while europe was having it's dark ages.

your view is painfully narrow... it kills me to read it.

start behaving? Speak for yourself.

I don't know people... getting through to some is a hopeless cause. maybe what the western world really needs is a good old fashioned plague. I'm so sick of hearing some of my western fellows talk, I'd sacrifice just about any luxury to never have to hear their words again.

This genius thinks people from the middle east and surrounding regions can't get inside the united states.

I cannot believe what I just read.
edit on 28-8-2013 by NotAnAspie because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 01:01 AM
link   
I only read up until page 6 before I had to make my reply so if I missed something, bear this in mind...

The majority of the average N. Americans do not care about Wahhabis, Sunnis, Shias, or any such derivation. We honestly don't care that whatever religious squabbles you may have in the Mid-East should affect our daily lives. That is a sad undeniable truth.

Before globalization and the information age of the internet, most people in our immediate civilization were Christians and knew little of the 'reasons' behind mid-east conflict, other than there was conflict.

Now the U.S. is pegged as a world police force...why? Are there not countries in Europe, and Asia that can deal with this garbage?

Why must western nations concern themselves over this crap anyways?

I wish the U.S., Canada, UK, etc. could just close the borders for awhile and see if the rest of the world implodes without us.

I do not wish to see my children involved in a war overseas for reasons truly unbeknownst to me.

This is the true nature of our reality. We're better off without the rest of the 2nd and 3rd world sucking at our teat.

This may be cruel and heartless, but sometimes you have to clean up your own dogs**t in your own backyard.

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 01:05 AM
link   
reply to post by NotAnAspie

I guess you never heard of the Ottoman Empire then huh? Go look it up and then tell me how awful we have been compared to them.

I can't stand this constant West bashing crap. We did not start WWI or WWII. It is all a shell game. The Muslims loved Hitler or did you forget that history lesson. You like most others fall into this blame game. The fact is there are special elites who have been pulling the strings for thousands of years, they set up one new system after another, and their biggest feat was fractional banking and making us their wage slaves.

Do a little research and study the bloodlines. These inbred cretins are playing us for fools as they pull their crap and we react. They stay in the shadows and make sure there are always two big powers to fight each other. They made sure Russia got the atom bomb to keep the power game going. Now they are ready to control the whole world, they have a new system to bring us into their Dawn of a New Day. They needed to make us so miserable with the old system by destroying it, making it seem bad, and when things get really really bad through their problem crisis solution crap, we will beg them for the solution they have had ready for decades.

Everything is going as planned. They have computer programs running right now different scenarios for whatever crap news story or event they want to happen to see if it's going to work out as planned. Nothing is going to change because we are so busy fighting amongst ourselves as each side has their rightful gripes and anger. It's sad really because they know united we could destroy them in one day! So, let's keep fighting and name calling, and tearing each other apart. And God forbid, let's not come to any common sense.

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 01:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Goldcurrent

Before I get flamed for my isolationist views, I just don't remember having presbyterians, catholics, protestants, gas and firebomb each other in my lifetime. You know, we all seem to get along....maybe civility and tolerance is needed in your parts. J

Just a thought.....

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 02:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by UnifiedSerenity

Do NOT give me a history lecture if you think you can just slink out of responsibility by saying "we didn't start WWI or WWII" You obviously do not know the work up in the decades before WWll that very much did have to do with the actions of our buds in Europe. Who are we still allies with? those same exact people run by the old European money lines you think you know about.

as for the Ottoman Empire, I'm well aware that other people in the world have done terrible things but in this century not too long ago, this country tried to turn another foreign country in it's entirety from a jungle into a desert with poisonous chemicals, provided by a government favored company that still has it's way with people's lives for it's own benefit & has only gotten stronger.

That was the plan among some who had lost their marbles & could not let the pissing contest go, turn all of Viet nam into a desert. Thank God we finally pulled out of there... & we've got the damn nerve to make this call about CW in Syria without waiting for the investigation? Maybe you have no concept of what evil is and the fact that they are still on this path. This isn't just the past! This isn't just some stupid pissing contest where we throw historical facts at each other like somebody is keeping score. These things are STILL happening. Who's doing them? THE EVIL INTELLIGENCE CONGLOMERATIONS WHO ARE EMPLOYED BY THE BANK RUN GOVERNMENTS.

They are still riding this runaway train into our doom & you want to gloss over all the the crap that European empires that we STILL side with to this day, got started so long ago and YES... DID IN FACT have quite a bit of responsibility in the world wars. Hell, our European partners are partially responsible for CHINAS civil wars... and it certainly doesn't stop there. These assholes have been starting crap around the globe since before they had books to burn. I don't care what other empire you bring into this. I am not one who ignores that the potential of evil exists within us all- NOT JUST BROWN PEOPLE. The fact is that we have a very clear evil empire still on a very corrupt mission & they seem to be determined in telling everyone what to do and destroying the world after they raped it of it's resources for their mindless hoarding. A lot of the other evils of the past have been absolved... not this one & that is why you need to pay mind.

the fact that Russia also has nukes is a good thing. You don't know who is responsible for sharing the technology of the bomb, but it was an equalization of terms. You have no idea who is responsible so don't come in here pretending you know which one of "the bloodlines" it was & all that crap. I know there are bloodlines but that is not the entire picture. There is more to it. The fact that Eastern nations got the bomb was God's intention...or we would have been all up in asia taking control.

Back in the day, Asian empires might have done the same thing to us if the roles had been reversed, which is why I believe we got the nukes first. I do believe God allowed this to happen, because yes... there have some been some incredibly evil leaders in other nations around the globe. If some past leaders in the USSR had their way, most of us would be dead... but they are gone now and you need to worry about the part of the masterplan that is still under way. If you think I am denying that evil can exist elsewhere, you are missing the entire point and can't get over your ego FOR THE SAKE OF THE HERE AND NOW. It doesn't surprise me though, you've got your priorities all mixed up.

this has got NOTHING to do with your ego, guy! this is what I am so sick of. the egotism that makes people like the post I was replying to, say things that are based on their assumptions- what they'be been told, backed up by the delusion that as long as they are safe in America, everything will be all right and that God put them here because they deserved to be born in the untouchable country. Well guess what. God sometimes likes to make examples of nations. Those were his words to Israel.

Who cares about your ego, if this offends your patriotism. Is that all you care about?

I am American. I can put my American ego aside to face the reality that this government is going to be the destruction of us all if it is not stopped.

I'm sorry but if you can't put your pride aside to face the reality that this country is going to take the whole world down the path of destruction by what it is doing RIGHT NOW- what it is PRESENTLY DOING... in the ME, screwing around in pacific matters, controlling the world economy & blocking any path to get away from oil dependency, playing earth frequencies like they are toys... then you are just a stumbling block to me. Mixed up priorities, DANGEROUS to the planet itself.
edit on 28-8-2013 by NotAnAspie because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 02:34 AM
link   

American citizens can't do anything about the gov't creating chaos in the ME because we know there are gov't guns pointed at us, right now, and our children -

We know the # is about to hit the fan - and, I sure hope there are still decent people left in the military after obama attempted to filter them out.

According to the recent gallup poll, only 9% of us citizens want our military involved in Syria - I think that's about right.

The rest of us cannot do anything about it - we will be gunned down if we protest - or worse.

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 02:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Goldcurrent
reply to post by Goldcurrent

Before I get flamed for my isolationist views, I just don't remember having presbyterians, catholics, protestants, gas and firebomb each other in my lifetime. You know, we all seem to get along....maybe civility and tolerance is needed in your parts. J

Just a thought.....

i guess you've never heard of ireland's protestants and catholics.

just a thought

new topics

top topics

active topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join