It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Americans , aren't you going to do something

page: 19
<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 04:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by TerribleTeam2
And this is what makes the good old USA great...........

*Obama talks about Gun Restrictions*

US Population: ZOMG YOU CAN'T TAKE OUR GUNS!!!!! IT'S IN THE CONSTITUTION!!!!!! LET'S OVERTHROW THE GOVERNMENT!!!!!! RABBLE RABBLE RABBLE RABBLE!!!!!

*Obama talks about bombing the sh*t out of a country, based on incomplete/false information, just like Iraq, which would plunge the US further into debt*

US Population: Oh, but what can WE do? There's nothing we could possibly do to change the Governments mind!!!! STOP HARASSING US!!!!!

It is a result of breeding a nation that just cares about the interests of itself.

But many Americans are excepted as we saw in this thread.

There are only few who talk while protecting their ears from hearing.

And thanks for cooling the thread.
edit on 29-8-2013 by mideast because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 04:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by mideast

Originally posted by beezzer
I remember, back in 1985, while stationed in Europe with the Air Force, some of us got mail from Libya. It was supposedly from Gaddafi, and it was basically an open letter urging us to rise up against our military "masters" and over-throw our government.

It caused quite a few laughs back then.

This thread reminded me of that. I guess some things never change.

This thread has provided information about the war in Syria in the modern day when people don't like to research and find the truth for themselves.

You are the history

Those that fail to learn from history are doomed to repeat it.
-George Santayana

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 04:50 AM
link   

I remember, back in 1985, while stationed in Europe with the Air Force, some of us got mail from Libya. It was supposedly from Gaddafi, and it was basically an open letter urging us to rise up against our military "masters" and over-throw our government.

It caused quite a few laughs back then.

This thread reminded me of that. I guess some things never change.

This thread has provided information about the war in Syria in the modern day when people don't like to research and find the truth for themselves.

You are the history

Those that fail to learn from history are doomed to repeat it.
-George Santayana

Agreed

specially those who buy the reasons for war decades after decades.

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 04:53 AM
link   

Agreed

Or those that wish to undermine efforts for their own (country's) gain.

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 05:03 AM
link   

Agreed

Or those that wish to undermine efforts for their own (country's) gain.

My intentions are clear.

But you don't like to see the truth after 19 pages replying

US imported the terrorists who said they are responsible for 9/11 into Syria.
US and Saudi made Syria Unstable.
Now you say it is for the benefit of my country while it is your govt that started all the events. And if it doesn't start a new war , these investments are lost and YOU won't be happy.

US started another crazy action in the region and is going to lose even if invades Syria. Like how it lost in Iraq.

So , what is my fault when the US govt is going to start another foolishness and fail ? Am I going to win ?

You used to look at events fairly but now you just look interest biased like US govt.

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 05:43 AM
link   
reply to post by mideast

The Scorpion and the Frog

A scorpion and a frog meet on the bank of a stream and the
scorpion asks the frog to carry him across on its back. The
frog asks, "How do I know you won't sting me?" The scorpion
says, "Because if I do, I will die too."

The frog is satisfied, and they set out, but in midstream,
the scorpion stings the frog. The frog feels the onset of
paralysis and starts to sink, knowing they both will drown,
but has just enough time to gasp "Why?"

Replies the scorpion: "Its my nature..."

-Aesop

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 06:03 AM
link   
People need to understand how the Wahhabists came to power. It was through the British using the house of Saud as their proxy to take control of Saudi Arabia for their oil. They are Wahhabi and the ones condoning terrorism and paying for it (through our trillions of petrodollars).
Read about Jack Philby (MI6) if you want to know where this mess all started.

All I can do is point out hopefully relevant facts and history that others can read for themselves to better understand how things came to be. Military action by the US in Syria would be a terrible mistake and risk the outbreak of WW3 on fabricated evidence of the use of chemical weapons by the Assad regime. Assad is not stupid and would not willingly provoke the US in that manner, the only ones to gain from such a ruse would be the FSA.
Now we have Pentagon hackers using Syrian proxies to post facebook comments and take down the NYT. The Syrian Cyber army.
Get real people. They're trying to dupe us on multiple levels. Obama is desperate to take the public's mind off something else, risking WW3 in the process. It must be pretty damn embarrassing.

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 06:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Asktheanimals

There are no "innocents" anymore.

No angels.

Iran has an agenda.
Syria has an agenda.
The US has an agenda.
Russia, China, Saudi. . . . . .

All have agendas.

Altruism is lost.

To beg otherwise is disingenuous at least, and subversive at best.

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 06:26 AM
link   
reply to post by mideast

Silence of united hyenas before attacking the herd.
Yes ,but the hyenas can be eaten by the lions.

Attacking Syria will be a big mistake.

The Middle East have been already destroyed by the greed.

Sorry for the hyenas but cannot cover their crimes.

Once the balance of power was unbalanced the entire region has gone to poverty.

And this is very dangerous for the future.

Democracy in the middle east it is a failed experiment.

If you will try to convert an bedouin tribe to democracy you will have to kill the Sheikh of that tribe.

But this will mean to destroy the entire tribe and his culture.

Because you cannot impose your democracy to thousands of years of hystory and culture.

This is what happened with the entire region,which now is on fire.

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 06:35 AM
link   

My intentions are clear.

Yes .... VERY clear. Rhetoric and propaganda ... USA = evil and Iran = innocent

But you don't like to see the truth after 19 pages replying ..

Yes .. 19 pages ... and you still haven't addressed Iran's involvement in Syria.
Using your words ... 'Aren't you going to do something? What's wrong with you?

Iranian Strategy in Syria - Institute for the Study of War

The Islamic Republic of Iran has conducted an extensive, expensive, and integrated effort to keep President Bashar al-Assad in power as long as possible while setting conditions to retain its ability to use Syrian territory and assets to pursue its regional interests should Assad fall.

The Iranian security and intelligence services are advising and assisting the Syrian military in order to preserve Bashar al-Assad’s hold on power. These efforts have evolved into an expeditionary training mission using Islamic Revolutionary Guards Corps (IRGC) Ground Forces, Quds Force, intelligence services, and law enforcement forces. The deployment of IRGC Ground Forces to conflict abroad is a notable expansion of Iran’s willingness and ability to project military force beyond its borders.

Iran has been providing essential military supplies to Assad, primarily by air. Opposition gains in Syria have interdicted many ground resupply routes between Baghdad and Damascus, and the relative paucity of Iranian port-visits in Syria suggests that Iran’s sea-lanes to Syria are more symbolic than practical. The air line of communication between Iran and Syria is thus a key vulnerability for Iranian strategy in Syria. Iran would not be able to maintain its current level of support to Assad if this air route were interdicted through a no-fly zone or rebel capture of Syrian airfields.

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 07:25 AM
link   

So , what else do you know about them , can you provide link ?

Remember that in the day of informing , Satans gather and say "we are all evil , don't do any action , no one will listen , no one will approve"

And the other day you see these very people complaining about the situation they are in.

Provide the links and don't fear and don't get hopeless and don't let anger stop you.

This has to end somewhere.

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 07:27 AM
link   
reply to post by mideast

So Iran doesn't have an agenda or a stake in the future of the Middle East?

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 07:41 AM
link   

reply to post by mideast

So Iran doesn't have an agenda or a stake in the future of the Middle East?

All the agenda of Iran is to be the best in the middle east.

And that is not going to drag someone.

Iran has claimed the Idea about Israel

in NAM summit by MR Khamenei.

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 08:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

My intentions are clear.

Yes .... VERY clear. Rhetoric and propaganda ... USA = evil and Iran = innocent

But you don't like to see the truth after 19 pages replying ..

Yes .. 19 pages ... and you still haven't addressed Iran's involvement in Syria.
Using your words ... 'Aren't you going to do something? What's wrong with you?

Iranian Strategy in Syria - Institute for the Study of War

The Islamic Republic of Iran has conducted an extensive, expensive, and integrated effort to keep President Bashar al-Assad in power as long as possible while setting conditions to retain its ability to use Syrian territory and assets to pursue its regional interests should Assad fall.

The Iranian security and intelligence services are advising and assisting the Syrian military in order to preserve Bashar al-Assad’s hold on power. These efforts have evolved into an expeditionary training mission using Islamic Revolutionary Guards Corps (IRGC) Ground Forces, Quds Force, intelligence services, and law enforcement forces. The deployment of IRGC Ground Forces to conflict abroad is a notable expansion of Iran’s willingness and ability to project military force beyond its borders.

Iran has been providing essential military supplies to Assad, primarily by air. Opposition gains in Syria have interdicted many ground resupply routes between Baghdad and Damascus, and the relative paucity of Iranian port-visits in Syria suggests that Iran’s sea-lanes to Syria are more symbolic than practical. The air line of communication between Iran and Syria is thus a key vulnerability for Iranian strategy in Syria. Iran would not be able to maintain its current level of support to Assad if this air route were interdicted through a no-fly zone or rebel capture of Syrian airfields.

And?
So what if Iran is involved with Syria?
What does that have to do with countries across the Atlantic getting involved with toppling
governments like in Syria and other nations using the same fundamentalist they claimed attacked them?

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 08:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
The danger that has been fully realized in Syria.

Bush's war speech

GWB called it years ago terrorists would USE WMD's if they got their hands on them.

edit on 27-8-2013 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

Wow, I just threw up in my mouth a little. Now I'm gonna be late for work. Your post proves we are all doomed.

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 08:27 AM
link   

There are no "innocents" anymore.

No angels.

Iran has an agenda.
Syria has an agenda.
The US has an agenda.
Russia, China, Saudi. . . . . .

All have agendas.

Altruism is lost.

To beg otherwise is disingenuous at least, and subversive at best.

Nothing further actually needs to be said. Anyone who can't recognize this truth are either painfully ignorant in which case we're doomed, or people recognize this and are simply an agent of one of the above. Plus Australia, New Zealand, Canada, etc.

A divided house will fall.

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 08:32 AM
link   
reply to post by mideast

Only read the first three pages and had to comment.

You repeatedly state that this is not a Shia / Sunni issue - sorry, but I beg to differ.

The majority of Syrians are Sunni Muslims.
The Assad family and the vast majority of those in the Syrian government and positions of power are Alawites who are a branch of Twelver Shia Muslims.
Surely it's not purely coincidence that Iran and Hezbollah who support the Assad regime are also Twelver Shia Muslims.

Those who oppose Assad, the rebels, just happen to be Sunni's and all the major Sunni nations support one or more of the various rebel groups.

To suggest that this conflict is anything other than a Shia / Sunni issue is smoke in mirrors and deliberate and blatant obfuscation.

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 08:45 AM
link   

war based on lies , open your eyes

What of Iran's covert actions going back a few decades now?

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 08:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by FoosM
So what if Iran is involved with Syria? What does that have to do with countries across the Atlantic getting involved with toppling governments like in Syria and other nations using the same fundamentalist they claimed attacked them ?

Did you read the opening post of this thread? The OP is screaming at Americans saying 'aren't you going to do something? What is wrong with you? .... When in fact IRAN is guilty of meddling in foreign countries, and is guilty of terrorism around the world, and is guilty of terrorism against it's own people. So the POINT is that the OP is a hypocrite for demanding that Americans 'do something' and for saying there is something wrong with those Americans who don't ... when in fact the OP hasn't done anything about the sins of Iran.

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 10:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Freeborn

Only read the first three pages and had to comment.

No you didn't because speaking of WAhhabism-Bhayism is not just speaking of Shia-Sonni , it goes deeper in the history

here I made a little thread for those who want to research the issue.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

The majority of Syrians are Sunni Muslims.
The Assad family and the vast majority of those in the Syrian government and positions of power are Alawites who are a branch of Twelver Shia Muslims.
Surely it's not purely coincidence that Iran and Hezbollah who support the Assad regime are also Twelver Shia Muslims.

Didn't pay deep attention and mixing Shia-Sonni issue with this Wahhabis being imported by Saudi Arabia and helped by US govt.

Please pay more attention.

new topics

top topics

<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join