It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Where can I find old software online????

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 03:23 PM
link   
I'm trying to find someplace where I can download a variety of older marketing software. Like anytype of marketing software that goes out and does almost anything marketing related. So like email extractors, email senders, lead extractors, dialers. etc etc. But it would have to be free software. Does anyone know where I'd find stuff like that?

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 04:09 PM
link   
reply to post by spartacus699

sourceforge.net...

This website has lots and lots of open source programs (read: software designed by the users for the users) that you can look through if you REALLY need it. Why do you need old software though? Are you running an ancient OS?

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 04:47 PM
link   
reply to post by spartacus699

Double post, my bad.

edit on 27-8-2013 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 04:49 PM
link   
Triple post, my big bad!

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 04:50 PM
link   
Depending on what you are looking for I suppose I would use TPB.

I would have suggested Demonoid but its dead now.

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 04:50 PM
link   
reply to post by andy06shake

I wouldn't recommend that. One, it's against the rules. Two, I've heard they've been seriously cracking down on habitual downloaders. That's why I recommend open source program websites. Look it up. Google it. Find an open source program on a site for open source programs. They are free, easy, and made by people who know exactly what users want in their software.

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 04:55 PM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

"I wouldn't recommend that. One, it's against the rules."

Whose rules exactly??? You mean Copyright rules, yawn! Stay away from Scooter tunes and Ladygaga songs and you will be fine.

"Two, I've heard they've been seriously cracking down on habitual downloaders."

I have heard that since their inception, stop scaremongering please.

"That's why I recommend open source program websites. Look it up. Google it. Find an open source program on a site for open source programs. They are free, easy, and made by people who know exactly what users want in their software."

That also may work but TPB might just give the OP the returns they are looking for instantly.

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 05:10 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 05:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Hushabye

Problem Solved!

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 07:35 PM
link   
Well I'm looking for marketing software stuff like:

Scraper programs
dialers
extractors
lead generators
bulk emailers

and any other kind of software that does some function to advertise a website or means to advertise what you're doing???

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 08:46 PM
link   
So you're planning on sending spam.

Nice .

Extract email addresses from websites, get information on who owns it, send out mass unsolicited email.

welcome to 1999.

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 08:57 PM
link   
reply to post by winofiend

LOL

well no not quite. I just need to find some software tools. But I am old school that's for sure. don't believe me???

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 04:31 AM
link   
Just in case you don't know... www.download.com

If it's real important to you and you can't find Windows versions, another option is to install Linux on a partition or a pc and look for Linux equivalent programs. As someone said, OpenSource is a good option. Linux is basically OpenSource. Linux when downloaded is free, and most programs are free.

When I used Linux, I used OpenSuse and Ubuntu.. they are/were pretty nice OSs.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

A bit off-topic... ignore or delete this if you want... not a big deal.. This part is FWIW.

I always like the DOS command deltree. It's been missing from windows for a long time now
'Deltree *' would just delete everything in that folder, plus all files and sub-directories in all sub-folders... It was powerful.

In Win7, del */s/q will delete all the files in all the directories in that folder, plus all files in all sub-directories, but leaves the actual sub-directories/folders in tact.

If you have many directories/folders in one folder, to delete them, with their sub-directories (the tree) via command line, you have specify each one in that level as an arg to a separate 'rmdir' command.

• rmdir */s/q and
  • rmdir *.*/s/q
do not work. That's a pain, especially if you have many directories to specify.

I've done some searching online... I'm not saying that deltree doesn't exist... but I couldn't find it.
edit on 29/8/2013 by MarkJS because: (no reason given)

edit on 29/8/2013 by MarkJS because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join