It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Where are the anti-war protesters now?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 03:37 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

You must be a youngin', huh? We were out in droves during the Johnson (D) administration trying to stop the Vietnam War. Unfortunately, most of the significant military actions that have been prosecuted in my lifetime (60+ years) have happened during Republican administrations. Just a coincidence I'm sure.

Just like during the anti-war movement of the 60's, most people have become jaded coming to the painful realization that the government doesn't give a rat's ass about what WE want or think. The business model moves forward come hell or high-water. And although back in the 'old days' there was a chance you could get shot (RIP Jeffrey Miller) it's almost a sure thing these days.

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 03:42 PM
link   
reply to post by jtma508

Yeah 60 years ago what have the anti war crowd done lately?

Oh protest the R in office, and give a free pass to the D currently in office.

And wouldn't call a 42 soon to be 43 year old a 'youngin'.

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 03:43 PM
link   
reply to post by lernmore

Is it just me, or does anyone get the feeling this information will take longer to "interpret" than we'd have to stop it anyway?
Kind of like Obamacare?

We have to pass it to see what’s in it!!

Look....if congress doesn't approve action in Syria (action that will inevitably draw in Iran and Israel..and possibly Russia and China leading to WW3) then Obama should be impeached...bottom line! That is if we have a country left.

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 03:44 PM
link   
Well I am sure if we have a war they will show up. They do not tend to show up for a few air strikes on a country gassing its own people.

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 03:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96

And wouldn't call a 42 soon to be 43 year old a 'youngin'.

I have a pair of cowboy boots older than you are and still wear em. Python skin...

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 03:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrSpad
Well I am sure if we have a war they will show up. They do not tend to show up for a few air strikes on a country gassing its own people.

Iran and Syria both said that if US strikes Syria they will strike Israel.

Israel will likely hit back HARD....possibly nuclear.

Is that enough reason for Russia and China to be concerned?

Pure speculation of course.

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 03:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by olaru12
I protested against Bush's war. I protested against Johnson's Vietnam and I was in the military.

I'm just to old to give a **** anymore. It's just a game for those that profit in blood and innocent lives. Protesting against that kind of evil is pointless and will only get you maced or your head beat in by the cops that represent the power elite. Do you think the neocons just evaporated? We are just pawns in their real life game of "Warcraft"

Partisinship it all you want but it's way beyond that now. Schools out now go play!!!

It's a brave new world....

edit on 27-8-2013 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)
I was kid in the 60's and remember the Chicago riots,Kent State killings and my conclusion is peaceful protests accomplish nothing but as you mentioned.Essentially a police orgy of violence.

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 03:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by TDawgRex
I haven't seen squat coming out of that camp recently. Prior to Iraq, we had plenty of anti-war marches going on all over the country.

Where are they now?
edit on 27-8-2013 by TDawgRex because: Just a ETA

I think we know the answer to that. They blamed boys Bush and Cheney and the war machine / bankers. Anything to march against their enemy with an R behind their name. Now that it's their boy in office not a peep. Nope, nada, their guy is in charge and even they have learned the "blame Bush" has gotten old.

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 04:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by TKDRL
Can't speak for everyone, but personally, I am too broke to do any protesting this time around. Also, a whole lot of good our protests did then right..... We were brushed aside, the only real coverage any of them got was from "evil news sources" like RT and AlJazeera

Please, the left has millions to pay people to leave their welfare neighborhoods and bus them in to protest. You might not have gotten the money, but when it's a Republican in the Whitehouse then money is no impediment to protesting, shirts, signs, transportation etc.. Your argument if flat.

Paid To Protest, Some Homeless Almost Make A Living

Activist Groups Paying People to Protest Texas’ 20-Week Abortion Ban

‘Occupy CPAC’ protesters paid $60 for the day [VIDEO]

Organizer Admits to Paying Occupy DC Protesters

Astroturf? SEIU activists admit being paid to protest at Romney event in Ohio

Big Soros Money Linked to Occupy Wall Street

Wow, so hard to get protestors right? This is nothing but protect our boys in office. No protesting, no news, no story, move along folks and support Obama!

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 04:05 PM
link   
Code Pink has turned "yellow".

2nd

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 04:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer
Code Pink has turned "yellow".

2nd

Yea...I forgot about them.

Where did they go?

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 04:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by seabag

Originally posted by MrSpad

Iran and Syria both said that if US strikes Syria they will strike Israel.

Israel will likely hit back HARD....possibly nuclear.

Is that enough reason for Russia and China to be concerned?

Pure speculation of course.

Syria can not even hold back its own people and Iran is never going to open itself up to attack by hoping to hit Israel with a missle of any sort. We have certain military realities here. Any retalition will be through Hezbollah as per usual.

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 04:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by UnifiedSerenity

Originally posted by TDawgRex
I haven't seen squat coming out of that camp recently. Prior to Iraq, we had plenty of anti-war marches going on all over the country.

Where are they now?
edit on 27-8-2013 by TDawgRex because: Just a ETA

I think we know the answer to that. They blamed boys Bush and Cheney and the war machine / bankers. Anything to march against their enemy with an R behind their name. Now that it's their boy in office not a peep. Nope, nada, their guy is in charge and even they have learned the "blame Bush" has gotten old.

I guess it sucks now that the shoe is one the other foot.

And even if they truly believed in what they stood for, they would look in the mirror and take to the streets again. This time, they might have some actual backing, but I'm sure it would come from corners that they are uncomfortable with.

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 04:16 PM
link   
reply to post by MrSpad

Any further attacks by Hezbollah will only fan the flames. I'm thinking that the proxy wars are about to flame out and World War is around the corner. If countries are not careful, that is.

as Iraq, this has plenty of possibilities on which direction it can go.

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 04:19 PM
link   
reply to post by TDawgRex

This just illustrates how the anti-war crowd is as partisan as NOW, etc.

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 04:21 PM
link   
The Vietnam protests were largly organized and funded by communists, with their own agenda anyway, in case one wasn't aware.

The silence is self explanitory without the blinders, really.

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 04:31 PM
link   
reply to post by TDawgRex

That's a good question, I am not for war, although the chemical weapons were used... the U.N. Security Council's job is to investigate that, and they even have U.N. Peacekeepers to do it, and all that...

I think the war is a terrible idea. We could get in over our head.

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 04:37 PM
link   
I think if a "hot" war with Syria or Iran breaks out with American troop involvement... there will be massive protests and a massive retaliation by LEO.
I see that the conservative ATS crowd is anti Obama's war now. Will any of this ATS circle jerk fest join in the protests or side with the cops?

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 04:37 PM
link   
sensitive keyboard ...

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 04:39 PM
link   
reply to post by olaru12

I don't know.

Will we be welcomed or treated like a cop car and get "pooped" on?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join