It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Where are the anti-war protesters now?

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 06:28 PM
link   
reply to post by olaru12

Most likely like a whole of protests, and people on the net or medias getting all antsy about so and so...Depends on which side pays better, and whose cutting there checks. Don't be surprised if only a few show up. Most will be to busy working and supporting a family and probably would not even be aware of it. If they are to be made aware of it, I am quite sure the media and news will inform them what it is they should fear. After all if nobody informs them of what it is they should fear...How will they know?

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 06:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Strewth

Ditto that! As Sun Tzu said: All warfare is based on deception. So don't be surprised if everything Russia or Iran or US or Israel says is just plain bull#. I mean if it really came down to it, the ones with most to lose would be the ones caught up in the middle of it, which means Iran, Syria, the middle eastern countries and area as they would be the battlefront. And despite Israels current stance and confidence it to would be a big loser, I mean sure they got gadgets, but so do the opposition if it came down to it, and if the oposition does not they will be supplied with it. And and there right smack dam in the middle of it to. And to tell the truth I dont think anybody cares enough to see this whole thing through not Russia, not China, and not the USA as they all got bigger fish to fry and other options at there disposal to put more then a gun running effort into it all, and that only to up the arms business....Again. A little extra profits on the side, as this thing picks up and crashes down, then they rebuilt make more $$ on that, and eventually start the process over again. I mean its only been following that cycle for since most people on this board were alive.

A proxy war really, were the big boys may take a hit and forget about it next election. But it would leave the rest in the middle of a even bigger cesspool then it already is. And the American populous. Well no doubt they will forget about it when justin beeber and the new housewife of Cali central, and there daily sitcoms comes back on the airwaves. This will all be just a detour from the regular scheduled programing there used to. Anybody remember the last wars of the past decades, and the big fuss they had strewn up all over the medias and mediums? ...If you were to ask anybody on the streets today they would have no clue.

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 07:39 PM
link   
It's not a case of "where are they now". It's a case of what more can be done and what more will protests achieve ?

It's not about hating Bush more, or less. It's about realising that NOTHING has "changed" under Obama and it's all the same crap with a different colour face leading the way.

Until EVERYONE takes a stand TOGETHER, then those protesting are just wasting their own time, and cannot be blamed for now seeing the pointlessness of a small percentage protesting.

Educating people as to what is really happening so that we could reach a stage where the majority protest, is the best form of protesting their is. Education and information is the biggest enemy to these corrupt, war loving thugs posing as politicians.

An uneducated person will believe the official mainstream lies without question. An uneducated person will sign up for a military to fight in these wars, based on these lies. An uneducated person is the exact person THEY want, and THEIR plan cannot work unless there's enough uneducated people willing to contribute to it.

But saying that Bush is better or worse than Obama is like having both of your legs broken, and then asked which one hurts the least. Regardless of which one hurts less, you're still in a world of pain !

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 07:51 PM
link   
Being called subversive commie dirty hippies may have something to do with it.

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 08:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by TDawgRex
I haven't seen squat coming out of that camp recently. Prior to Iraq, we had plenty of anti-war marches going on all over the country.

Where are they now?
edit on 27-8-2013 by TDawgRex because: Just a ETA

Obama has them mesmerized...

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 09:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Dometheus

and who was it that declared these our rights freedoms and liberties to be persona non gratis.why it was fema c.i.a. police, generals governments our own lying churches and all of the worlds bankers and super filthy rich who all joined forces against we the people along time ago. using the greatest of tools against us and it was nothing more than a carrot that they dangled in front of us all ,,knowing full well that we would try our damnedest to sink our teeth into it for a snack and they have done their best to make sure we will never share in their pie. MONEY IS THE CARROT -GREED - is our downfall . BECAUSE WE BELIEVED IN ALL OF THEIR SCHEMES AND DREAMS AND THEIR LIES .
MONEY THE ROOT OF ALL EVIL --it will destroy our species and they all think that they can do what they want ,at the rate we are going the vast majority of all of us will be dead due to their mindless insolence and arrogance but they are all so intelligent and you -we the people are all brain dead .
. if you have ever read or heard their ideas to fix this worlds problems you will understand this .
bill gates inject them with something in the name of public health and either kill off a percentage of them or make them sterile - bird flu sars aids pick one .
how about using us as guinea pigs agent orange dropped on our cities just to see how many and how it affects us -Canadian and us government both pulled this one .and their favorite saying is acceptable losses , in other words our families aND LIVES ARE NOT WORTH THE PAPA
ER

THAT SAYS WE ARE ALIVE -BIRTH CERTIFICATES .
AND ALL OF THE BILDENBURGS AND THE OTHERS HAVE ALL PROPOSED OF OTHER WAYS TO KILL US OFF OPS THEY CALL IT CONTROLLING THE POPULATIOON FOR THE BETTERMENT OF MANKIND -yea themselves as they think that they are gods in their own pissant little minds

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 09:14 PM
link   
People are bombarded with bull# from the time they wake up until they go to sleep. The American people are numb and won't buck until it directly affects them. What are we doing? The same damned thing. Surviving trying to make ends meet in a horror show leaves little time to make much of a difference. The ones who do buck will be those who feed the demon soon. When the USSR went under, who were the first targets? Do you think it was the poor? It wasn't. It was those who spoke out against the machine. The ones who would be a problem.

Who knows maybe we all have stockholm syndrome. The world was always unjust. I think it's sick but who am I? Will I put my neck on the chopping block? There's nothing my one voice can change. I would like to think I'm heroic but I'm typing to you. I'm part of the problem. I didn't speak out when it would have made a difference. I take partial blame along with the rest.

You can give me suggestions on how to fix it or blame whoever, it's your choice. I'm getting too old to give a # anymore. Que Sera Sera. With that statement it's official, I was brainwashed and it's hard to deprogram myself from that fact. I hope that one day there will be a reckoning. I hope that the good people teach their children right from wrong and morals. I want to see morals make a comeback. What I want doesn't matter. We all know they want war. We know what drives the war economy. Greed and resources. He who controls the spice, controls the world. Fighting for the last crumb until there is nothing left. I'll be glad to leave here when it's my time. Being turned off sure beats watching humanity fall into despair and eat each other for the sake of greed. I'm too old to fight for it anymore. I squandered this life chasing the money. I was wrong. The machine that has grown before my eyes has taken over. I hope our young can create a world we could not. I have seen to many people die for nothing. I think maybe it's time to die for something. Something that is better than me or you. Is humanity worth fighting for or does a select few get to rule the sheep? I guess no one really cares enough. The problems we face today will shape our species. The weak will be killed and eaten.

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 12:18 AM
link   
Okay. People are taking to the streets in the US demanding no war in Syria.

NEW YORK (CBSNewYork/AP) — As the United States moves closer to possibly launching a military strike against the Syrian government, a few hundred anti-war protesters rallied in Times Square on Thursday. Demonstrators said the U.S. government has not provided any proof to back up its claims that President Bashard Assad’s regime has used chemical weapons against the Syrian people.

Protesters in Times Square: U.S. Should Butt Out Of Syria

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 08:13 AM
link   
reply to post by freedomwv

About 400 expected for Boston on Saturday.

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 09:25 AM
link   
I am seeing a lot of social media buzz for saturday. Will have to wait and see if it pans out. If any ATS members go, be sure to document it, can't trust the MSM to do that #.

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 08:04 PM
link   
Welcome Everyone To Opperation Save Face

Yupp this whole event is just staged for Obama to say...."I was almost ready to do something, but then....well....uh.....ya know.....circumstances and stuff...The "Red Line" was just a metaphore really"

Not POTUS just PUTZ

so..Uh no need to protest a war that aint gonna happen
bt thanks anyway

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 08:59 PM
link   
I was with the Japanese in Tokyo last night(Tokyo time) and I shaped this pic.

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 09:36 PM
link   
reply to post by freedomwv

What did I just see there?
" O war with Syria"
What does that mean exactly?

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 11:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Xcouncil=wisdom

Obviously the n was covered up by the person standing on the left.
edit on Fri, 30 Aug 2013 23:39:20 -0500 by TKDRL because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 12:26 AM
link   
By the way, the anti-war left has been absorbed into dormancy by Obama, the new/old? anti-war movement is made up more of libertarians.

I know many of them who are planning the nation wide NO WAR ON SYRIA protests taking place tomorrow morning.

I will be going to the LA protest tomorrow.

www.facebook.com...
edit on 31-8-2013 by eLPresidente because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 07:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by eLPresidente
By the way, the anti-war left has been absorbed into dormancy by Obama, the new/old? anti-war movement is made up more of libertarians.

I know many of them who are planning the nation wide NO WAR ON SYRIA protests taking place tomorrow morning.

I will be going to the LA protest tomorrow.

www.facebook.com...
edit on 31-8-2013 by eLPresidente because: (no reason given)

I think probably what you will find is that the anti-war left wasn't absorbed into dormancy by anyone but has shifted away from the Democrat Party. I'm sure many of them are Libertarian as well just maybe not the same flavor as you are. I hope you have a chance to talk to a lot people there today and you are able to gain a more accurate, less assumptive view of the Left.

ETA: Conversely I will probably meet and see more Right Wingers (of various flavors) than I have ever seen at a protest I've participated in and that is a good thing.
edit on 31-8-2013 by Kali74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 07:20 AM
link   
They moved onto other things....
There leader has won election.
He can do no wrong.
They are hard back at community organizing.

posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 03:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by DarKPenguiN
-Anti War protester here.

Bush hater here.

FORMER Obama supporter here.

-I hate to say it, but you guys are mostly correct. War protests were evidently just anti-Bush protests under the guise of "anti-war"- Not with everyone (obviously) but with the bulk it would seem.

Odd that things like the patriot act and too many Bush policies to even list were universally opposed by the Liberals- But Obama has not only endorsed these laws, but strengthened them and became one of (if not THE) most secretive cabinets in History.

-And whoever said "Obama supports medical cannabis"- he doesnt even do that. federal raids in LEGAL states are UP and Obama said he supports the current federal law over State law and continues to classify cannabis alongside Heroin and meth =/

But..But...Where are the protests? Where is the outrage-

Clearly a double standard of the worst kind and proves partisan politics is all that maters to most (not all)- Which further shows that we are, indeed, totally screwed.

Probably the best post I've seen in this thread.

I think this is basically all that needs to be said.

posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 03:09 AM
link   
A lot of troops are also against intervention in Syria.

I wonder if this anti war movement will throw us under the bus as a symbol of their displeasure like they have over the last 40 or so years.

posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 03:24 PM
link   
reply to post by TDawgRex

There is NO proof on who used these weapons as of yet.

Does it matter who used them?

What do you think we're waiting for?

Is this situation the same as Iraq?

Would the Nazi gas chambers have been more or less evil if they had been created by anyone else?

Your thread title is smugly partisan - but I don't actually think you understand this situation well enough to have that kind of an opinion - do you?

edit on 9/1/2013 by Spiramirabilis because: to simplify

new topics

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15 >>

join