It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Where are the anti-war protesters now?

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 02:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by OneManArmy

Originally posted by Joneselius

An army divided can not win any battles, it can't even organize an attack force, or a defense plan.

Sounds like it belongs in Sun Tzu's Art of War.

And its so true it does make the "fight" seem futile.

Futile or not, I will still be in the street expressing my 1st amendment rights until the tear gas gets so thick I can't breath or I get arrested. It's happened to me before. It's a matter of honor and pride in our forefathers ideal of what America should be; not ideological posturing so common on these types of threads.

Strange how it's usually the conservative right that applauds when the 1st amendment voices are silenced. What a great way to honor the Constitution and the Bill of Rights.

edit on 28-8-2013 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 02:22 PM
link   
Personally I am more pissed at the liberals than I am at the conservatives, and this coming from someone who is center left on the political scale and who supported occupy. I think it says a lot. The problem is most cant be arsed to learn the issues correctly and then do something about it.

What we got are partisan hacks on the media always spinning stuff to make themselves look good and the opponent look bad. Nobody in msm will talk about the bilderbergers, nwo, ufos&aliens, rothschilds and rockefellers unless it suits them perfectly.

MSM is 100% controlled, and this leads me to wonder why alternative media does not get more popular.

Are we bat# afraid of the truth?

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 03:04 PM
link   
reply to post by olaru12

Strange how it's usually the conservative right that applauds when the 1st amendment voices are silenced. What a great way to honor the Constitution and the Bill of Rights.
I would be considered by most to be part of the conservative right. I’ve been participating in this thread. I’ve said nothing of the sort.

I support the 1st amendment. I’ve taken part in protests (albeit with the Tea Party). You should support my 1st amendment rights as well. Don’t I have a right to criticize the stupidity I see on the left (and right)?

Why so defensive? Conservatives don't interfere with protests....though we may laugh when you get sprayed.

The only person that’s going to crush your protest is the cops!

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 03:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by seabag
reply to post by olaru12

I would be considered by most to be part of the conservative right. I’ve been participating in this thread. I’ve said nothing of the sort.

I support the 1st amendment. I’ve taken part in protests (albeit with the Tea Party). You should support my 1st amendment rights as well. Don’t I have a right to criticize the stupidity I see on the left (and right)?

Why so defensive? Conservatives don't interfere with protests....though we may laugh when you get sprayed.

I also participated in the Tea Party protests and fully supported their 1st amendment rights as well! Your're the one that seems defensive.

The only person that’s going to crush your protest is the cops!

They aren't MY protest. I protest with others that value the constitution, free speech and the ideals of our founding fathers. I value your rights as much as my own.

edit on 28-8-2013 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 03:28 PM
link   
reply to post by olaru12

I also participated in the Tea Party protests and fully supported their 1st amendment rights. Your're the one that seems defensive.

You sounded defensive when you said:

Strange how it's usually the conservative right that applauds when the 1st amendment voices are silenced.

Why do you think conservatives want you silenced? Was that your experience when you were part of the Tea Party protests? I'd bet it wasn't.

I couldn’t stand the Occupy movement primarily because of their despicable actions (too many to list, including defecating on police cars). When people act foolish, I do applaud when they get sprayed and carted off to jail. That’s how we treat miscreants in a civilized society. You didn’t ‘t see that behavior at any conservative protest, did you?

The only people changing there tune are on the left. Where were the anti-war protesters when we bombed Yemen, Egypt and Libya?

I support their right to express displeasure with war but at least be consistent!! Otherwise you look foolish!

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 03:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by TDawgRex
reply to post by SearchLightsInc

Well, I got my quota of people I've disgusted for the week and it's only hump day.

If you have seen any of my other posts, you would realize that I am not "for" this war and quite adament against it.

My apologies, i dont recall seeing any of your other posts.

Glad you are against this proposed "war" :UP:

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 03:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by seabag

I couldn’t stand the Occupy movement primarily because of their despicable actions (too many to list, including defecating on police cars). When people act foolish, I do applaud when they get sprayed and carted off to jail. That’s how we treat miscreants in a civilized society. You didn’t ‘t see that behavior at any conservative protest, did you?

The only people changing there tune are on the left. Where were the anti-war protesters when we bombed Yemen, Egypt and Libya?

I support their right to express displeasure with war but at least be consistent!! Otherwise you look foolish!

Left wing folks tend to be more emotional about stuff. I will admit that much. However you and others are generalising to death when you accuse Occupy of despicable actions AS A WHOLE! You should know better than to do this. For every miscreant there were 10 well behaved individuals. Its not the groups responsibility to police itself. The cops can and should do this.

As for tea party I am sure lots of left wingers either laughed or facepalmed themselves watching GUN NUTS actively carrying during the protests. It just looks bad to people who prefer law and order in a civilised society.

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 04:09 PM
link   
Ahh such shortsighted conservative hypocrisy.

Funny how you all claim "Never believe state media! Those who do are sheeple!" and now you're all bleatingabout where are the "anti-war protesters" and are 100% sure they don't exist.... because they haven't appeared on your state run media?...

Just because they haven't shown up on Fox News doesn't mean that they aren't happening. At least it's being reported sort-of properly in the UK:

www.bbc.co.uk...

www.turkishweekly.net...

stopwar.org.uk...

It also might be that Iraq was a full-scale invasion and Syria is likely to be another Libya with air and missile attacks only. The war protests for Iraq really took place AFTER the war began and when the coalition was officially declaring their full-scale invasion plans. You have to keep in mind that this has only been news for a few days now.

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 04:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by TKDRL
I just love the US. Polarized useful morons, so sick of it. Never a single topic that don't get dragged down by left/right mudslinging bull#.

The hypocrisy of the left in regards to ignoring Obama's business as usual foreign policy in the Middle East should not, and will not be ignored. He's playing his left vs right domestic games here at home, yet abroad he's proving what a joke it was for him to be given a Noble Peace prize. The facts will be addressed.

But yes the entire circus side show, fake two party system was set up in order to keep the sheople squabbling over one or two issues here at home. It's exactly how they win time and time again, with divisionary tactics like left vs right or white vs black. ~$heopleNation

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 04:16 PM
link   
Well the anti war protestors appear to be in the British House of Commons (lower house of parliament) ... the British government can't seem to convince their own legislators about the validity of attacking Syria, there's a major revolt brewing which puts British participation in the attacks in doubt.

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 04:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by TDawgRex
I haven't seen squat coming out of that camp recently. Prior to Iraq, we had plenty of anti-war marches going on all over the country.

Where are they now?
edit on 27-8-2013 by TDawgRex because: Just a ETA

Here in the UK, All the Anti-war protesters are currently being distracted by Fracking and the Badger cull, their protesting time is being spent protesting deep in rural England, away from London and other major cities.

Talk about timing!

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 04:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by LeBombDiggity
Well the anti war protestors appear to be in the British House of Commons (lower house of parliament) ... the British government can't seem to convince their own legislators about the validity of attacking Syria, there's a major revolt brewing which puts British participation in the attacks in doubt.

I was watching the BBC news last night (I found the shows presenter to have had an agenda at the start, seemed to be trying to justify the war) but every single parliamentarian drafted into the studio to give their opinion was against the war, ESPECIALLY WITHOUT PROOF OF GUILT.

The cynic in me was very taken aback, I could almost sense an element of humanity in the politicians for a change.
Even had to pinch myself to make sure I was awake.
I dont think there is any appetite for another war in the UK, except for a few puppets at the top of government and the "Middle Eastern PEACE Envoy" aka Tony Blair, who wants to kill more innocent people, as if he hasnt already caused the deaths of enough people already, and is so obviously lacking a conscience to not even feel sorrow or remorse for his past actions, but to advocate more death and destruction, makes me think that there is a use for the death penalty after all.

Only an extremely sick individual/group would stand on the precipice of the abyss that is WW3 and cheer for people to dive in.

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 05:29 PM
link   
I think this is a very interesting question. Many possibles theories-

- people who may have protested 10 years ago now realise it is pointless, yet 10 years ago thought the government might actually listen

- spread of conspiracy forums meaning people vent via an alternative method to protesting

- the system has gotten smarter in 10 years and now offers many more distractions during key developments, in the UK people are protesting fracking and badger culls etc

- a sign that people are just fed up and realise their voice doesn't matter or they don't have the time to worry, what with working and paying bills etc

Take your pick

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 06:06 PM
link   
reply to post by TDawgRex

where are all the protesters funny someone like you had to ask .lets see maybe hiding due to the fact that every time they stood up for the rights of the individual,your governmental officials called out their goose stepping paramilitary gangster police forces to beat them down and quell the uprising of the order of discontent, also known as dissidents and law breakers because they had BALLS to stand up and speak out against the mindlessness of the man and his insane machine. and what did that get them ops that is right the boys in blue could not handle them so what did the man do next ops that's right he called in the national guard to shoot and murder the students of our nation in COLD BLOOD -KENT STATE - and even our children which have taken to the streets get the same treatment by them and what ever happened to the words --TO SERVE AND PROTECT - because these words do not apply to anyone who dares to stand up to the man and his minions . case in point the students on a us college were sitting on the ground protesting and not doing anything except chanting PLEASE DON`T SHOOT US OVER AND OVER ,WHEN IN COMES THE BIGGEST COP OF ALL TIME SPRAYING THEM WITH EITHER MACE OR TEAR GAS AS HE FELT THREATENED by them ,funny thing is this whole group of students had more PORKERS [cop[s] standing around them like custers last stand had indians and he felt threatened .we have a name for people like this WUSSY.
and now that the governments from around the world have enacted the war measures act in all of the so called free world ,canada ,u.s. britan greece to name a few it is now illegal to PROTEST THEIR MADNESS, all in the name of NATIONAL SECURITY [gag me with their bull#] we the people who these mental midgets were elected to represent seem to have forgotten their place in the great workings of things . because if you dare to PROTEST you instantly become known to the man and his mental midgets as AN ENEMY OF THE STATE , where in the f,,k are we living good old mother russia it would seem .we have lost control of these FOOLS .CIA FEMA AND ANY OTHER OF THESE SO CALLED PROTECTORS OF THE STATE WORLD WIDE .god you would swear to god that HITLER was still alive and in charge of it all ,are we ever screwed .

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 06:48 PM
link   
Where are the protestors? They are tired from all the other horrible things they had to protest and saw zero results from. Protesting is a joke allowed by the government because it accomplishes nothing and makes the protestor feel like they did all they could.

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 06:51 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

Which team is that? I can’t stand Repubs.

Least the Republicans will give people a stand up fight. Invade, give them a chance to fight.

Their opposites ?

Just death death from above, and if there is collateral damage it's. 'oops, Did I do that ? '.

There is the real difference between 'war' and 'humanitarian aid'.

War the enemy gets to shoot back.
Humanitarian Aid they don't get to.
'
edit on 28-8-2013 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 06:54 PM
link   
That said OP, people are protesting, it is just the MSM isn't reporting on it-

London-

New York-

LA-

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 07:11 PM
link   
As a former war protestor, here's my take.

I give up.

War is here to stay. There is no hope left.

At this point, I'm just working on my spaceship.

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 07:22 PM
link   
On the other hand, how far has Obama fallen when he first ran for office? Another puppet of the war machine. It makes more sense that this was a false flag. The middle east is a great land bridge for Russia and China to gather against the west.

That war would be more valuable than gold to the human haters.

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 07:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
Anti war protestors only come out when they have an R by their names.

True story.

The proof is in the *crickets* of Syria.
edit on 27-8-2013 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

I was originally for war in both Afghanistan and Iraq... at the time I was a hardcore conservative. I've moved further left though (pretty much in the middle these days), and am against both of those wars, infact I would have seen myself today through the eyes of my 2002 self as being the enemy that needs removed from the country. The fact that I supported them at the time sickens me because the support was largely contingent on what we now know were trumped up excuses and propaganda. I'm about 90% against attacking Syria, and 100% against having gotten involved at all in the first place beyond offering humanitarian aid. I would like to think I've learned from the mistake of initially supporting Iraq... we're even hearing a lot of the same excuses this time around.

The problem is, where is there to protest? I live in a rural middle of nowhere town. Going to the gates of the white house with a sign isn't within my budget or work allowances.

Originally posted by sonnny1
Where are those who were willing to demonize Bush, but haven't been as boisterous with the likes of Syria, Libya,etc?

Is it STILL Bushes fault?

Personally, this Administration is worse then the previous one. I could go on, and give you my reasons, but whats the point?

A lot of things are Bush's fault. Things we're still trying to fix, he doesn't get a pass just because he's out of office. On the other hand, a lot of things are Obama's fault too. In 2008 Obama was the great hope, now in 2013 he's the great disappointment and with Obama's fall, so too has been many peoples faith in our political system. Romney would be doing all these same things... war with Syria, NSA, and everything else. We literally had no choice in our votes determining policy this election (and that's just a subset of the problems with Obama... if you step back from the partisan divide and actually look at positions on issues you would notice that Obama is basically terms 3 and 4 of Bush as far any policy that actually matters goes).

I seem to find Obama a little more favorable than you, but not by much. I rank Bush the 2nd worst president of all time, and easily the worst of my lifespan (born in 82) while I "only" rank Obama the 5th worst.

That said, it really feels like all we can do is watch a Nobel Peace Prize winner rush to a war of aggression.
edit on 28-8-2013 by Aazadan because: (no reason given)

edit on 28-8-2013 by Aazadan because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join