It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Where are the anti-war protesters now?

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 12:01 PM
link   
reply to post by TKDRL

Sound like a bunch of children, arguing over which comic book character is the bestest. Grow up people, stop arguing over fiction. Get it together.

Right! And you sound so enlightened.

It's funny how people can simply bash the false left/right paradigm and get starred up as if they actually accomplished something.

Now that you've told us we're all stupid, what’s the solution, professor?

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 12:06 PM
link   

Where are the anti-war protesters now?

A very good question OP.

I think if you stop thinking about Syria and Iraq as being two of the same then it becomes quite clear.

Syria is about stopping the fighting (at least that's what we are hearing right now), its not so much about removing a dictator nor is it based on some really bad evidence also its not a full invasion but rather it looks like its going to be some kind of limited military strikes.

I think thats why, the two are different, people were very right to go out in their millions protesting about Iraq because that war was, well, a lie.

Syria is a different story, yes some will say "we should just let Syria get on with it" and thats a valid position to take but there are not millions of people who hold that view, nor is there any anti-war rhetoric in the press

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 12:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by AlienScience

If you disagree, name one of these "elites" and let us all know their "plan".

Rothschild, Morgan, Queen of England and her husband who wants to come back as a virus to wipe out humanity, the Bilderberg crowd, CFR members, Tri-lateral commission, Theosophists Luciferian worshipers, Marx and his ideology worshiped by millions of commie loving freedom hating people, Fabians, Club of Rome, Illuminati:

Rothschild’s 25 Point Plan For World Domination – Nationalist Truth / New World Order Satanic Truth: Videos

Those 25 points are:

1. Use violence and terrorism rather than academic discussions.

2. Preach “Liberalism” to usurp political power.

3. Initiate class warfare.

4. Politicians must be cunning and deceptive – any moral code leaves a politician vulnerable.

5. Dismantle “existing forces of order and regulation.” Reconstruct all existing institutions.”

source

Look up the members of these groups like the CFR and others and you will find the heads of industry, politicians, entertainment industry, war machine complex.

Disturbing film covering some aspect

This has actively exposed this for years, but it's ridiculed despite the many documents and activities in the deep black projects funded by government money & tax exempt foundations headed by these same people.

edit on Wed Aug 28 2013 by DontTreadOnMe because: Quote Crash Course IMPORTANT: Using Content From Other Websites on ATS

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 12:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by seabag
reply to post by TKDRL

Sound like a bunch of children, arguing over which comic book character is the bestest. Grow up people, stop arguing over fiction. Get it together.

Right! And you sound so enlightened.

It's funny how people can simply bash the false left/right paradigm and get starred up as if they actually accomplished something.

Now that you've told us we're all stupid, what’s the solution, professor?

I don't think it's a FALSE left/right paradigm. It has shown to be a fact here on ATS that there is a chasm between left and right ideology.

I used to say "don't let your ideology get in the way of your common sense"....who listened???

If I said that it would serve us well to take better care of crippled Christian children...there would be those conservatives that would take the opposite tact because they know I'm a flaming liberal. It's obvious in this very thread.

I don't have a solution either...

Perhaps the Republic is doomed and there will be another civil war....it wouldn't surprise me in the least. I know there are many that would welcome blood in the streets.

I'm so glad I didn't have kids to see this s*** !!
edit on 28-8-2013 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 12:27 PM
link   
reply to post by olaru12

I don't think it's a FALSE left/right paradigm. It has shown to be a fact here on ATS that there is a chasm between left and right ideology.

I agree with you….there obviously is a left/right. I just said that because some people throw that sentiment out there for attention and to act like they are above the fray. It accomplishes nothing.

I will say that there isn’t much difference between modern Repubs and Dems. They’re all in the tank. Conservatives don’t have representation in DC.

I use to say don't let your ideology get in the way of your common sense....who listened???
I don’t let ideology get in the way of my common sense. The problem is one man's common sense is another man's foolishness.

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 12:28 PM
link   
They are protesting in London at downing street.

bambuser.com...

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 12:30 PM
link   
Good question. Cindy Sheehan anyone???

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 12:34 PM
link   
reply to post by kozmo

She’s Missing In Action!

She got what she wanted (a book deal and 15 minutes of fame).

www.amazon.com...

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 12:37 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

How about stop putting all the blame on "the other team", and get to fixing the "team" you play for? Poking fun at "the other team's" weaknesses does not win the ballgame. Does that work for you? Maybe an analogy on sports will help, since people waste so much time watching them.....

Newsflash guys, in case you didn't know. Not all people protesting bush's wars were "lefties", not all people protesting obama's wars were "righties". I can't be the only one out there that hate both "teams" and am pretty fed up with trying to get people to step away from the stupid two team system, and take a look at the bigger game at play. It gets tiring. Neither team seems to ever listen.

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 12:55 PM
link   
reply to post by TKDRL

How about stop putting all the blame on "the other team", and get to fixing the "team" you play for?

Which team is that? I can’t stand Repubs.

Poking fun at "the other team's" weaknesses does not win the ballgame.
Ummm….you just poked fun at all the teams with your left/right comment!!

Newsflash guys, in case you didn't know. Not all people protesting bush's wars were "lefties"…
The vast majority of anti Iraq war protesters were “lefties” who hated Bush. Remember??? It was “Bush’s War”.

I can't be the only one out there that hate both "teams" and am pretty fed up with trying to get people to step away from the stupid two team system, and take a look at the bigger game at play. It gets tiring. Neither team seems to ever listen.
I hate both teams, too. That doesn’t mean I can’t point out the OBVIOUS BIAS by the left in this case! Where are the left’s anti-war protesters?????

Stop trying to act like you're the brightest bulb on the tree.

edit on 28-8-2013 by seabag because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 12:58 PM
link   
Hey, guess what?

We can all stop arguing!

The State Dept. just said, "The president doesn't believe a military solution is possible, and that it will have to be a political one".

so...

Assasination it is!

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 01:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by TKDRL
reply to post by seabag

How about stop putting all the blame on "the other team", and get to fixing the "team" you play for? Poking fun at "the other team's" weaknesses does not win the ballgame. Does that work for you? Maybe an analogy on sports will help, since people waste so much time watching them.....

Newsflash guys, in case you didn't know. Not all people protesting bush's wars were "lefties", not all people protesting obama's wars were "righties". I can't be the only one out there that hate both "teams" and am pretty fed up with trying to get people to step away from the stupid two team system, and take a look at the bigger game at play. It gets tiring. Neither team seems to ever listen.

This is how I see the left/right paradigm...

1) One side gets power, they do everything according to their one sided ideology, picking apart the work done by the previous side, they blame all the failings of the "power structure" on the previous side, this costs the taxpayers a fortune.
2) Once everyone can see through the hypocrisy of one side, they choose "the other side".
Then the other side has a go, because their one sided ideology is at complete odds with the other sides ideology, they proceed to pick apart the work done by the other team, while blaming the previous team for all the failings of the "power structure". This costs the taxpayers a fortune.
3) Rinse(by rinse I mean set up their own portfolios and feather their own nests) and repeat.

All the while this theatrics of he said, she said is in full swing, nobody is actually looking at the power structure itself.
Some people do and hence you have sites like ATS, but MOST people are caught, hook, line and sinker by the appearance of having a choice or a say in what actually happens to our countries.
They cling to their side, they have a sense of belonging to something, they pigeonhole their belief system, they put limits on their perception of reality. And they do it to themselves.
What better compliant slave than one that imposes his/her own restrictions on his/her own mind?

Between the two opposite sides there is a vast grey area and thats where my politics resides. Because that is the whole picture. Its an unrestricted view of the world.

edit on 28-8-2013 by OneManArmy because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 01:16 PM
link   
reply to post by OneManArmy

Don't forget the important strategy of always blaming the other team in congress and senate for "blocking everything good you tried to do".

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 01:18 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

Maybe I misjudged you. Everytime I see you post it seems to be bashing on the left team.

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 01:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by lernmore
Hey, guess what?

We can all stop arguing!

The State Dept. just said, "The president doesn't believe a military solution is possible, and that it will have to be a political one".

so...

Assasination it is!

This is good news....

Atleast the part about no military solution.

That's an update I can appreciate!

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 01:40 PM
link   

reply to post by OneManArmy

Don't forget the important strategy of always blaming the other team in congress and senate for "blocking everything good you tried to do".

When I see our politicians "debate" in parliament I just want to cry.
If you could see the way they act, its scandalous.
But it seems scandalous is the new normal.

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 01:45 PM
link   

reply to post by seabag

Maybe I misjudged you. Everytime I see you post it seems to be bashing on the left team.

Well, I do bash the left a lot!

That doesn't mean I like republicans. They both seem to work for the same team IMO. My only point was that the left is only anti-war when they're not in power. As long as their guy is at the helm then war is OK. The neocons in the republican party (which I don't subscribe to either) seem to usually support war in the ME no matter which party is in charge.

Seems to me both political parties are full of neocons....some just lean father left than others; those are even less tolerable to me than the other (lesser of two evils).

edit on 28-8-2013 by seabag because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 01:50 PM
link   
reply to post by TKDRL

You can relax.

If the republicans even get their heads out of a certain orifice, and one gets elected president, I'll nail them to a wall.

(You'll think I'm a commie then
)

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 01:58 PM
link   
People aren't stupid and us repeatedly calling people lazy and apathetic just makes the people tune out.

People understand that the state has the police, the army, weapons; lethal ones at that, the money, the food, the reserves. You name they have it, they even have our sovereignty as people. What do we have? A cardboard box and a loud voice. Maybe a wooden sign or a megaphone.

This is futility at its finest. You can wax ecstatic about how "one man changed the world" or "if he can do it anyone can" but you can't dismiss that they lived in the past. This is NOT the past, nor anything like it - we're shut down immediately or infiltrated, if not that then just flat out corralled and then beat to a pulp. You can't win a public demonstration now because we're too, guess what F****** DIVIDED.

An army devided can not win any battles, it can't even organize an attack force, or a defense plan. Theirs is set, it's rigid and kept in place through routine mind control as well as army drills and sergeants who do nothing but belittle their soldiers or policemen so they get a 'daddy' complex, that whole "I'll prove you wrong by murdering whoever you tell me to, as long as YOU say good job, my life's complete". THIS is the problem people see and their protesting has done NOTHING to stop it, it didn't even slow it down - it keeps chugging along like the massively over-reaching gargantuan bureaucratic mess that it is.

The reason it wont change, and STOP LOOKING FOR IT TOO, is that the 'system' has ALL the cards. All of them, if you deny that fact your head is in the clouds. Or you'll end up dead somewhere, a casualty of your own delusion.

You may despise the Bible but it has at least this right, it's the beasts system and there is no escape. Only your head.
edit on 11/10/2012 by Joneselius because: (no reason given)

edit on 11/10/2012 by Joneselius because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Joneselius

An army divided can not win any battles, it can't even organize an attack force, or a defense plan.

Sounds like it belongs in Sun Tzu's Art of War.

And its so true it does make the "fight" seem futile.

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join