It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dog Groomer, Accused of Assaulting Animals Caught on Tape

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 02:19 PM
link   
After a months-long investigation by the Calgary Humane Society, charges have been laid against a former dog groomer, who was caught on tape assaulting an animal.

A former employee of Fur Kids captured three videos on her cell phone. One shows a groomer hitting a dog with a brush, while another shows the groomer trying to chase a dog out of a kennel using a vacuum cleaner wand.

The Humane Society was called in to investigate, and were flooded with calls from concerned people after the videos surfaced.

globalnews.ca...

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 02:48 PM
link   
reply to post by BristolStew

I'm sorry, but if it was my pet, I would be beating on that person.
How in the heck can you get into that business, if your going to treat animals that way?

BTW, I hope this gets the attention it deserves, with the problems on ATS right now!

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 03:04 PM
link   
I am sharing this video with all of my contacts. Too angry for words.

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 03:05 PM
link   
reply to post by chiefsmom

Right on. I would be right there with you slapping the s45! out of her as we call the police!

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 03:32 PM
link   
reply to post by chiefsmom

How in the heck can you get into that business, if your going to treat animals that way?

That's just it probably...he was sadist as a kid and now as a grownup, most likely with a small penis, he enters an industry where his sickness can be taken advantage of.

Hopefully he dies a violent death - and the sooner the better.

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 05:00 PM
link   
reply to post by facelift

That's just it probably...he was sadist as a kid and now as a grownup, most likely with a small penis,...

yes, decidedly small....a clitoris even. (exit, stage left)

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 05:14 PM
link   
reply to post by antar

This article and the video must be shared with as many people as possible. Dog Grooming industry is booming in Canada without being properly regulated nor monitored. Our beloved pets are in constant danger and I do not imagine seeing my dog or any dog or any pet for that matter getting slapped or beating in any way. That woman who did that is seriously ill that must be put behind bars for long time and lose ability to work around animals and children.
edit on 27-8-2013 by BristolStew because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 05:20 PM
link   
Breaks my heart to see this

But so nice to see someone taping the whole thing and doing nothing about it until the poor dog had already been hit. If I were the person behind the camera taping this grotesque act, I wouldn't had given that poor excuse of a person the chance to even strike once.

Hope she rots in jail for a while and gets a beating by her fellow jail mates in return.

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 05:30 PM
link   
Make sure you flag this thread, I don't care about the stars, "flags" would get the thread to the front page.

MAKE SURE YOU KNOW YOUR DOG GROOMER AND STAY WITH YOUR DOG THE WHOLE TIME IF YOU COULD.

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 05:39 PM
link   
I worked as a dog groomer and you wouldn't believe the horror stories our customers told us about other shops. We always wondered WHY they never reported them! If anyone abused my dog like that I'd call the cops asap, there would be no second chance or switching shops. I'd report them then find another place.

I know where i live you don't need a license to be a groomer nor do you need any training. I was trained by my friend/co worker. She was trained by the former groomer at the shop who was a HORRIBLE person to the animals. I only worked with the woman once and couldn't believe my ears.

I started out as the bather and that one day I worked with her was not a fun one. She yelled at almost every dog and her husband was there as well and he wasn't suppose to be! She had been stealing money from the owners for years apparently and the day I worked with her she stole a bunch of equipment as well. The owners never pressed charges, they just wanted her out of the shop. My friend that i worked with basically saved their shop. If it wasn't for her they would have had to shut down! When i started working there as the bather and my friend as the head groomer we were slammed 6 days a week! The previous head groomer never opened and closed all the time where we kept the shop hours the way they should be! You could tell by the way customers spoke that they didn't like the other lady but I always wondered why none of these people never filed a complaint.

I only know what my friend told me on how the other lady acted. She told me many dogs were mean to her because of how she treated them. We had quite a few dogs that gave us ZERO problems yet they gave this other women problems and I guarantee it was because of how she treated them. They could sense it! I felt so bad for the animals she was mean to. I don't know her last name otherwise I would have reported her for animal abuse. I do know she moved once she left and opened up a shop in the house she was staying in. Well it was more like a barn she had the shop in with NO AC and there were tons of birds in this barn from what I was told. I know of one dog she had taken and when we got the dog back after her it made me cry. He was a 15yr old dog and she SHAVED off his moles. The owner was an old lady that we would go and pick up the dogs for so this former employee took advantage of her and hurt the dog. The owner told us that when she got the dog back he was covered in dried blood! I mean WHY didn't she report her after that?! I just don't get it!

I know of a few shops where I use to live that drugged animals to get their grooms done and another where she would constantly give the dogs clipper burns and she also drugged dogs. There is NO excuse for clipper burn! NONE! It is easily avoidable if you know what you are doing and switch out your blades often while grooming. It is pure laziness and lack of care for the animals. You also don't need to sedate an animal!! If it requires sedation for a procedure then you don't need to be grooming the animal! If it is necessary then take it to a vet NOT a groomer! Its like these people didn't care because the dog couldn't speak for itself when it was being abused.

I hope this person goes to jail! I didn't watch the video because I can't stand to see someone hurt dogs.

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 05:55 PM
link   
Despite the fact that they eat their own poo, dogs are still far more noble creatures than humans.

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 06:09 PM
link   
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

not all dogs do that,iv seen our kind eat it also,

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 06:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by bigfatfurrytexan
Despite the fact that they eat their own poo, dogs are still far more noble creatures than humans.

LOL my dog loves the cats poo. I swear he treats her litter box like a Chinese buffet.

He is actually not allowed on the porch at our new place because of this. I tried to give him a chance when we first moved in and as soon as I was out of his view he put his head right in the box! I was hiding around the corner peeking to see what he would do and as soon as he couldn't see me he went for it. When I came back out to where he could see me he ran inside and hid! LOL He is allergic to her food so eating her poo causes him to itch!

He is such a sweet dog too. I don't know what I would have done without him during my pregnancy. He kept me sane!

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 06:18 PM
link   
reply to post by mblahnikluver

I don't have cats. But all the cat/dog owners I know call them "Kitty Krispies".

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 06:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by eyeinoz
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

not all dogs do that,iv seen our kind eat it also,

I've worked in an acute care ward in a state run mental hospital. You wouldn't believe the things I have seen. And I will save the polite people from having to hear it.

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 06:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by bigfatfurrytexan

Truly stated. Humans force feed their own poo to each other, gladly eat corporate poo, and in general believe their poo doesn't smell.

ganjoa

top topics

join