It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Syria. Yikes. I think it's time to restock ...

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 03:14 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

That is exactly why I do it too. I don't like driving to town in zero visibility weather, or fighting the crowds during a power outage ( they are common and long here, often more than a day ) at the store.
We also keep our freezers outside in a locked unheated shed, so if the power is out for any length of time, the food stays frozen. Unfortunately that also means I typically wait until late October or early November to fully restock. I have been thinking about bumping that up a bit with current events being what they are.

Here's to hoping that there is a moose in the freezer in a couple of weeks!

edit on 6-9-2013 by woodsmom because: Typo

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 03:15 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

Hm, people thought Iran would launch missiles last year. And remember when NK tried a missile and it (fortunately) didn't work? Either way, no WWIII. I think the whole thing may simply just become quiet again at the end of the year.

But I've been wrong before...

edit on 6-9-2013 by swanne because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 03:27 PM
link   
reply to post by swanne

You could be right but who knows what could turn and when it could turn nasty at any point of time whether it be from a second to a month to years no one knows.

However I have a gut feeling with all the pressure Obama is having internationally trying to get support, it looks like he will lose.

I feel congress will vote no and then it will be down to whatever decision he makes.

He can a wise ma and take it and tell the US navy to return home and listen to your country or he could find another way to strike.

I feel that your president knows that if congress votes no he will be wise and take the countries decision and reconsider his steps. If not then all I can say is what a selfish move.

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 03:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by deviant300
I feel that your president knows that if congress votes no he will be wise and take the countries decision and reconsider his steps. If not then all I can say is what a selfish move.

He's not my president - I'm Canadian. But good point nevertheless.

Hope for the best, prepare for the worst.

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 04:50 PM
link   
I run down my food stocks in the summer, restock in the fall, mainly in case of a really bad winter, cannot do much about a nuclear exchange or huge terrorist attack, so prepared for the worst while hoping for the best, I do have a 150 pound draw weight crossbow, easier to aim than a longbow, can be fired from the prone position, the bolts, being shorter than arrows, are a bit easier to make.
Fresh food, if you can, keep chickens, eggs, meat, feathers for bolt flights.

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 03:47 PM
link   

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join