It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The north american lifestyle is just crap

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 11:29 AM
link   
I just find that we're basically just rats. Like us and rats, well many of us, are exactly the same. We're rats caught in a stupid maze. And we'll never get out of it either most likely.

It seems as if a ton of dumb tasks pile up. All of which are just dumb tasks that apparently need to get done. And all within the week. Most of which are mindless dumb things that are just a complete waste of my life.

But I can't change any of it. It's just part of the system. I want to be surfing, hiking in the woods, or relaxing on a beach. Instead I have banking tasks, a car repair, got to see my lawyer, got to finish a project, got to check on another project, got to organize a bunch of stuff. and on and on and on. Just complete BS.

I'm just a fracking rat. I know things could be a lot worse. But you, me, all of us we'll most likely never have the time, money or energy, intelligence, or guts to go live free.

I'd like to live on a beach somewhere at the coast. And I know a few good places too, but basically I can't. Because I'm locked into this stupid city. My friends and family are here. I got business to attend to here. I have a place to stay here. My residency is in this province. My ph, address, and all my stuff it's all stuck here. And it would involve so much work to try and get everything changed around. Plus I'm kinda inbetween jobs so I have little to no money, even if all the other stuff was cleared up.

Like what a joke, my life is gonna basically play out as a human rat caught in a maze. then even if you do make any money when you're in business for yourself, you quickly learn the hard way that the g=v has setup at least a dozen agencies to try and legally steal what little you've saved. So that's what I'm saying for many the North american life is just sheat. We get to live our lives as human rats, just being used, abused, harrassed, stressed, and endlessly running around by not getting anywhere, and never building a life or truely living our dreams.

Tell me is there anyway to get out of this rat trap??? You tell me because I'm all ears!!

edit on 27-8-2013 by spartacus699 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 12:33 PM
link   
reply to post by spartacus699

These "dumb tasks"....if you tried to gain the perspective of the person who manages that process, you would see that they likely aren't as dumb as you think.

And if they are, your company will eventually fail from a lack of efficiency.

Regardless, I feel your pain. My nose has been at the grindstone long enough to have almost worn away entirely.

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 01:43 PM
link   
It's almost like some unseen but intelligent force is weighing you down, smothering your attention with trivial obligations. To keep you from focusing. Focusing on something so immensely important, but for which you just can't form the words....

It's that moment of recognition when you realize that you are in a dream, RIGHT NOW, and that there's something terribly important you are supposed to remember when you wake up.... but you cannot quite remember...

Like, if you let it, it will keep you from ever attending to the things that really matter in life. Like you'll hurry up and spin your little hamster wheel until you drop, without ever really getting the chance to complete your mission, your true calling....

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 01:46 PM
link   

The north american lifestyle is just crap

As far as I can see .... there are too many different lifestyles to be able to say that.
There is no one dominant culture. No one dominant lifestyle. There are bunches of them ....

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 02:41 PM
link   
I think it is all about focussing on what must be done and what is expected.
That is the lifestyle of the west, tied to a mechanical way of life in so many ways.
We all have a lot to lose because we hold on to what we have, but to me it is the other way around, we are not holding it, it is holding us in a tight grip, it prevents us from being free intrinsicly.
In 2004 i lost everything, it has been the greatest moment of my life sofar.

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 06:10 PM
link   
"The north american lifestyle is just crap"

Been saying this for years bro.

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 07:21 PM
link   
Is Mexico part of North America?

At least the movie stereotype we get is of people chilling with a big sombrero and a bottle of tequila.
Or perhaps people rushing across the border at night to pick vegetables - repetitive but salt of the earth work.
Why not move to Mexico?
Apparently Latin America is known for much poverty, but a high rate of happiness.

It just seems that so many people want to get to North America.
I just wonder why that is if it's all so bad?
I don't see masses of North American refugees fleeing to other countries.
So how can it be so bad?

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 10:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by tovenar

It's almost like some unseen but intelligent force is weighing you down, smothering your attention with trivial obligations. To keep you from focusing. Focusing on something so immensely important, but for which you just can't form the words....

It's that moment of recognition when you realize that you are in a dream, RIGHT NOW, and that there's something terribly important you are supposed to remember when you wake up.... but you cannot quite remember...

Like, if you let it, it will keep you from ever attending to the things that really matter in life. Like you'll hurry up and spin your little hamster wheel until you drop, without ever really getting the chance to complete your mission, your true calling....

hmmmm interesting

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 10:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by halfoldman
Is Mexico part of North America?

At least the movie stereotype we get is of people chilling with a big sombrero and a bottle of tequila.
Or perhaps people rushing across the border at night to pick vegetables - repetitive but salt of the earth work.
Why not move to Mexico?
Apparently Latin America is known for much poverty, but a high rate of happiness.

It just seems that so many people want to get to North America.
I just wonder why that is if it's all so bad?
I don't see masses of North American refugees fleeing to other countries.
So how can it be so bad?

Problem is it's too hot there, they dont' speak english, they like kidnapping white people, cuz they think they're all rich. Their's too much drug violence. But dispite all that I'd be willing to try it compared to Canada. At least you'd be somewhat free there.

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 10:51 PM
link   
I think society pursues constantly organisation in its social and working structures. If you look at a city from high up the layout looks like a Microprocessor.

Yes we are caught in the machine. The only way out is to pull the plug or don't use the machine.

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 10:54 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

I agree with you. I can understand where the OP is coming from in his rant. Because mainstream society seems to be on the downfall while people stand by acting like this is the meaning of life. But that doesn't mean all of us in the United States have to accept that. We can do better for ourselves and make life more meaningful. Take this from a person who is inspired by nihilism.

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 11:01 PM
link   
reply to post by spartacus699

I would have to respectfully disagree with you here. Yes, a lot of people dying regardless of color. However, there is much more that meets eye to Mexicans, immigration, drugs, and etc. I know a lot of people believe in stereotypes before they get to know someone. But drugs affect all people regardless of their background.

new topics

top topics

join