It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama: Martin Luther King Jr. would have liked Obamacare

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 01:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
reply to post by Indigo5

Then why did Not a single House repblican vote for it ?

Stop race baiting btw.

Originally posted by BritofTexas

MLK? ...Hell the GOP would have been pleased that everyone had health insurance, until the first Black Democrat President tried to get it done. The GOP even tried to pass the mandate twice in the early 90's.

And pointing out that he is the first Black person to be elected President is not "race baiting"...unless that historical fact pushes a button for you?

Claiming the first black President was secretly born in Africa and is lieing about it yada, yada is race baiting.

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Indigo5

Originally posted by butcherguy

If he was honest he would have said 'I don't know'.
But we should expect him to have given the answer that he did. Why be honest if you are a politician?

He is a politician, not Spock, and if your intent is to hold politicians to Vulcan standards over petty things like this than there are about 1.5 Million stories you need to be chasing for the past month alone.

I guess you shouldn't be confused about what I expect....
Since I said this....

But we should expect him to have given the answer that he did.

I will never expect a politician to tell the truth, why try to hold them to it?

edit on 27-8-2013 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 01:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Indigo5

And pointing out that he is the first Black person to be elected President is not "race baiting"...unless that historical fact pushes a button for you?

He's not black.

Claiming the first black President was secretly born in Africa and is lieing about it yada, yada is race baiting.

I thought you knew...
America's first black President was born in Arkansas.

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 01:31 PM
link   

If he was honest he would have said 'I don't know'.
But we should expect him to have given the answer that he did. Why be honest if you are a politician?

He is a politician, not Spock, and if your intent is to hold politicians to Vulcan standards over petty things like this than there are about 1.5 Million stories you need to be chasing for the past month alone.

I guess you shouldn't be confused about what I expect....
Since I said this....

But we should expect him to have given the answer that he did.

Sorry...I read the "But we should expect him to have given the answer he did" part as a question...You were making a statement? If so, I agree...I would expect any politician to answer the same way. I don't get the outrage over stuff like this. It's always painfully ginned up IMO.

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 01:32 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

"If I had a healthcare plan, it would look like Obamacare."

-Darth Vader

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 01:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Indigo5

Sorry...I read the "But we should expect him to have given the answer he did" part as a question...You were making a statement? If so, I agree...I would expect any politician to answer the same way. I don't get the outrage over stuff like this. It's always painfully ginned up IMO.
That's okay. NBD.
I am not outraged. You may be outraged to the point where you suppose that I am, but my answer says that I expect politicians to lie, and I am not surprised when they are dishonest.

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 01:34 PM
link   

I thought you knew...

With offices in Harlem
Oh Billy...where art tho? The bullet-proof POTUS...A Southern gent can get himself into deep trouble, but he can also get himself out of it.

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 01:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Indigo5

Yeah it is race baiting because no one except 1 person tried to make it the topic.

Obama care is going to be cheaper than phone bill is the topic.

So please stop trolling.

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 01:35 PM
link   

reply to post by Indigo5

I am not outraged. You may be outraged to the point where you suppose that I am, but my answer says that I expect politicians to lie, and I am not surprised when they are dishonest.

Oh...I wasn't saying "your outrage"...I said "the outrage"...that presumably justifies this as Right-Wing News? and OP worthy? HEADLINE: Politician answers question like you'd expect him to?

edit on 27-8-2013 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 01:36 PM
link   

I thought you knew...

With offices in Harlem
Oh Billy...where art tho? The bullet-proof POTUS...A Southern gent can get himself into deep trouble, but he can also get himself out of it.

Yes, Obama could learn from him.
He was good at being 'slick'.

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 01:36 PM
link   

This country ain't wealthy, and it is no business of the federal government to tell me what I need.

Are you advocating the abolishment of the Police, the Fire service, the Road system, the Army, the Navy, the Air force.......

These Posts/Threads are getting to a whole new level of whining.

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 01:37 PM
link   

reply to post by Indigo5

We were just talking with some folks earlier about the fact that, for a lot of people, it will be cheaper than your cell phone bill," Obama explained.

Yeah that is such a 'rational' response.

Seriously ?

Middle Class families will be lucky if the insurance bill [ and it IS a bill ] isn't more than a mortgage !!

Tie the insurance bill in with rising 'co-payments' etc. and it all skyrockets.

People will be lucky if they can afford a Net10 phone.

[ ObamaCare question ]

Oh he’d like that,” Obama asserted. “Well, because he understood that health care, health security is not a privilege, it’s something in a county as wealthy as ours, everybody should have access to.”

Riiiight.

Of COURSE Obama says this.

commies praise commies, but...

I wonder if King really would have ?

Did he ever press for Medicare to cover all citizens ?
Medicare was created when He was around.

btw, to keep the table level, read about some of King's antics.

Things like being found (partially) guilty of plagiarism on his Phd from Boston University.
A committee decided it wasn't 'enough' to revoke his Degree however.

And how he loved prostitutes and had many affairs outside his own marriage.

And how he took money from the Communist Party and appointed commies to specific leadership positions.

MLK - snopes

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Strange your OP Headline something different and much more petty and misleading?

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 01:39 PM
link   
reply to post by BritofTexas

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 01:40 PM
link   
reply to post by BritofTexas

So what part of this nation can't pay it's bills is someone missing ?

What part of that ?

Obama care is going to be cheaper than a phone bill ?

Because the government subsidies PAID FOR by taxing other people to pay for those people who are not paying for themselves.

That increases the tax burden on the rest of us,

that increases both deficit, and debts.

Understand that ?

Or going to add red herrings that have nothing to do with the topic?

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 01:41 PM
link   

Strange your OP Headline something different and much more petty and misleading?

Strange someone is still trolling.

Yo direct article quotation.

So what does that have to do with Obama care being cheaper than a phone bill, unless it happens to be the NSA's phone bill ?

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 01:43 PM
link   

reply to post by Indigo5

Oh...I wasn't saying "your outrage"...I said "the outrage"...that presumably justifies this as Right-Wing News? and OP worthy? HEADLINE: Politician answers question like you'd expect him to?

edit on 27-8-2013 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

I saw it as being similar to Hillary channelling Eleanor Roosevelt. The whole health care thing was not the problem that it is today when MLK walked the Earth. I can not presume to know what position MLK would have taken on the debate and I don't think anyone really can. Some people that have made a career out of studying his life and works might feel qualified to do so, but that man may have had a different take on everything over 4 decades later.
But I see no reason to be outraged. I do see reason to point out that a politician is either deceitful or that he believes that he can presume what a man that lived in the world of nearly half a century ago would decide about today's problems.

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 01:50 PM
link   
reply to post by benrl

I am sure MLK would be pissed.

He would ask the President WHY does he continue to politicize race for his own conveniences. He would ask WHY is unemployment for poor minorities still high. He would ask WHY we are still at war. He would say nothing has really changed in 50 years except MORE Government.

I dont think he would be angry at Healthcare for all, per say, but with all his initial questions, his shock, he would sure as hell question Obamacare.

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 01:51 PM
link   
reply to post by butcherguy

WWJD?...What Would Jesus Do?....You can claim that anyone that risked trying to answer that question is decietful?

Again it seems petty, but have at it..

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 01:52 PM
link   
Here's that famous MLK quote;

"Of all the forms of inequality, injustice in health care is the most shocking and inhumane."
-- Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.

So, I say MLK would NOT have liked ObamaCare as it is !!!!!

With all the corruption, sloppiness, incompetence and everything else, who does ?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join