It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Members with kids..can I ask you something?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 12:35 PM
link   
reply to post by WhiteAlice

Good story. Sounds like my wife.

Men are just different. And I personally pride myself on being the hardest of hard asses.

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 12:39 PM
link   
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

You know, the irony is that, while I was a science major, the professors at my university would special order various things for me to dissect as their resident whiz kid. I'd literally be dissecting something like a sheep's brain while munching on a sandwich on my lunch break. No problems. Formaldehyde, I can handle. It's all about the smell. Rot, vomit, feces --> retch.

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 12:54 PM
link   
Your daughter could benefit from seeing a pediatric counselor. I have heard of similar issues involved in "texture issues" and extreme reactions to various (seemingly random, to the rest of us) input in the classroom.

There are coping strategies that will help your daughter deal with a busy world where she will have a happier life she learns that, while she cannot control the world, she can affect her own responses to a mean ole world.

A few sessions could help her out from that point on. The cost is momentary. The possible benefit includes a happier child.

All the best.

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 02:27 PM
link   
Thank you for giving advice..This has been a rough few weeks but I am hoping that we clear all of this up and go on with things..I will take your advice and try to have her moved..I'm not sure she needs any special help outside just being moved..other than the vomit issue she is a VERY typical--average--little girl. She is pleasant and polite, smart and just as active and outgoing as any 7 yr old. I have never seen anything in her or about her that would make me consider pro help..is what I'm trying to say.

If I notice anything about her personality, sleeping habits or other daily habits change I may consider special/pro help..but like I said..other than her being terrified over vomit..nothing else seems to phase her..Im going to pick them up now...so we will see how the rest of her day went...hopefully..she got along well after the crying this morning..

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 02:49 PM
link   
I would try to help her to understand vomiting from a scientific/medical standpoint.

Explain to her why vomiting is necessary, even beneficial...
Explain to her that it's something like pooping in reverse... LoL

Try some 'pretend' vomiting (role playing)... make her see it in different ways.
She is probably relating it to a more severe (imaginary) condition.

Rather than try to help her avoid it, help her confront it, as it is all in her mind.

edit on 27-8-2013 by DeReK DaRkLy because: puked on my keyboard

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 03:29 AM
link   
Reacting the way your daughter does is instinctual in many social animals, eapecially the young. It tends to wear off as you age. It isn't a psychological problem per se.

The child with the reflux problem isn't being cared for properly if he vomits so frequently. Allowing this child to vomit where people eat is a step too far in my opinion. The stress response exhibited by your daughter is bad for her.

If you have problems with assertiveness try writing what you want to say instead. A doctor should be able to back you up that your daughters response is natural. I'm sure many other children in the class suffer from the same to some degree.

I remember from primary school that when one pupil vomited, so did some others and I used to wretch myself...

Good luck!

top topics

<< 1   >>

join