It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Military strikes on Syria 'as early as Thursday,' US officials say

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 09:10 AM
link   
All smiles as NATO prepares to attack yet another sovereign nation:

I guess they never got the memo that WAR is B.A.D.

The UN Security Council should wait for inspectors to present their report on an alleged chemical weapons attack in Syria before considering a response, says a senior Russian diplomat.

Silly Russians.

Hmm, "several hundred cruise missiles". A Tomahawk costs 1.45 million dollars. Big money to be made by the arms industry. No collateral damage mentioned.

www.telegraph.co.uk...

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 10:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dreine

Originally posted by muse7

So it looks like the ball is definitely rolling, and a strike against Syria is coming possibly within a few days.

Nothing like dropping some Freedom Bombs on Assad to send him a message.

This feels like we're living under the Bush administration all over again. We're about to attack a country based on some "evidence" no one has seen.

And at the end of the day it's going to be the Syrian people that will pay the ultimate price and not Assad.

worldnews.nbcnews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

Obama = Bush. Same people pulling the strings, just a different face for us to direct our anger at, instead of at the actual cause.

Enough of the dem/repub blame game. EVERY one of our 'elected' rulers is to blame, as are we for letting them use us for so long, with nary a whimper about it.

Sure, we'll all get up in arms about Miley Cyrus, but about something that actually matters? Nah, it's fine, let's just go ahead and launch missiles at another country, no one cares... or at least that's what I'm seeing on my social media feeds this AM.

America is lost, too stupid and lazy now to actually do anything to stop our own regime from killing indiscriminately. And a lot of innocent people are about to die thanks to the apathy of all of US.

/endrant

You are 100% right but you just forgot to put apathetic in with Lazy and stupid! Cause America does not care about anything but drinking, drugging, entertainment, and their social media! I'm ashamed to have been born here! When karma does come, it will cost us all dearly and I will celebrate it with relief! Cause we all deserve it~

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 10:43 AM
link   

15:29 GMT: Turkey has put its armed forces on alert ahead of the possible NATO strike against Syria, Turkish Foreign Minister Ahmet Davutoglu has announced.

“We are now at a more alert position... Turkey will take whatever measures necessary within the framework of its own strategic interests,” Davutoglu said, adding that “all options” remained open on the possible international action.

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 10:52 AM
link   
reply to post by nosacrificenofreedom

You are ashamed of where you were born? Well I have a few suggestions then. I see that you continue to bash Americans in every thread, good job keep up the good work.

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 11:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Matey222
Hi ATS,

Don't worry people. They can't attack Syria because if they attack Syria, Tel Aviv will be razed to ground and they already knew it. It's called "The Sword Of Damocles" strategy. I think They're just buying some times for their fellow-terrorists. it's like when a volleyball coach call for Time Out to buy time for his own team and make the opponent's players mentally weak. For 30 years they threatened us (Iran), but here we are ! They can't attack us or whomever is on our side ... not anymore ! Syria is not Saddam Hussain's Iraq or Afghanistan ! Iran is directly involved in this war and surprisingly is Russia. Assad's Syria is

So there's no need to worry !

Not that I want it to happen, but Syria will be bombed within the next 10 days.
edit on 28/8/13 by blupblup because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 11:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by majesticgent
reply to post by Zaphod58

I guess we'll know if we see countries moving their people out of the embassies.

Um, this has already happened a few weeks ago.

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 11:14 AM
link   
According to the Mirror newpaper(a UK tabloid)our spec ops boys are already in Syria,hunting down assads chemical/missile sites:

British special forces were last night hunting Syrian missiles in readiness for Allied strikes which could start as early as tomorrow night.
Cruise missile attacks and RAF raids are expected in response to the Assad regime’s use of chemical weapons. A military source said: “It is vital they find every missile site that could threaten British ships or RAF jets and they will probably be taken out by missiles fired from offshore.
The risk of capture to these special forces units is off the scale and nobody can be trusted in Syria.” The British hunt for missiles and chemical weapons – which includes the SAS, Special Boat Service, Special Reconnaissance Regiment and MI6 spies – is one of the most hazardous in modern times as they are up against Assad’s forces as well as some rebel elements.

www.mirror.co.uk...

No troops on the ground though eh Mr Cameron?

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 11:22 AM
link   
Syria asks UN to immediately investigate three new ‘chemical attacks’ by rebels

Breaking

rt.com...
edit on 28-8-2013 by sueloujo because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 11:48 AM
link   
Just watching Al Jazeera,who are interviewing an ex head of Mossad,and they are claiming that a signals unit of Mossad,based in the Golan Heights is who intercepted this phone conversation between Assad forces asking to send chemical weapons to a certain unit to be deployed.

Now,I think this is bad.
If this is used as part of the so called evidence the USA are saying they will release the situation will be even worse.
Why?
Because if Syria believe they are going to be attacked by the West on the back of Mossad evidence the chances of an attack on Israel go up significantly IMO.
If that happens,all out war will ensue.
Am I way off the mark?

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 11:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Silcone Synapse

Israel will get involved no matter what. Someone that has a grudge against them will use this as an excuse to launch a strike on them.

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 11:59 AM
link   
UK has already voted yes.

British Prime Minister David Cameron said Wednesday that his National Security Council had unanimously backed such a step, 24 hours after he made the case for a targeted strike..

"The NSC (National Security Council) agreed unanimously that the use of chemical weapons by Assad was unacceptable - and the world should not stand by," Cameron said on his official Twitter feed after a meeting of the high-level security body."

Originally posted by deviant300
reply to post by muse7

There just waiting for Ally Great Britain to come to Military plans agreement next UK Defence meeting is Thursday.

edit on 28-8-2013 by princeofpeace because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 12:06 PM
link   
If Syria strikes back at Israel then Isiaha 17 will come true

Originally posted by Zaphod58

Israel will get involved no matter what. Someone that has a grudge against them will use this as an excuse to launch a strike on them.

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 12:20 PM
link   
well folks, i'm not one for making predictions but as many in the US will be swooning over a single speech, around 3p EST, i'm guessing that soon thereafter bombs will be falling in Syria

during the 'celebratory reminiscence' of this single speech, ppl will gather, bells will be ringing and the attention toward Syria will be at a minimum.

what a sad state of affairs.
who would have thought the 'i have a dream ' speech would serve as the 'national distraction' while the MIC goes on a killing spree ??

whether the national celebration is intended as a distraction or not is irrelevant.
the point is, i'm guessing that bombs will be falling before the full moon rises and this speech, presented 60years ago, sadly, will also serve as a testament to the 'character' of the US participants.

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 12:30 PM
link   

If this phone intercept does turn out to be from Mossad-Syria will probably attack them just for attempting to get the US to strike over what they will no doubt claim is made up evidence.
This is getting worse by the hour.
The UK are still claiming they only want to do a limited strike,but after the inital strikes,they know assad will retaliate,then it will change into regime change.
I think that is where this is headed.

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 12:33 PM
link   

Assad is seriously limited in retaliation methods. He can reach Cyprus, barely, but that's about it. His only option is Israel, which if you believe the reports from Damascus already, were able to walk all over their defenses and hit wherever they wanted without a shot being fired at them. Which bodes ill for any retaliation.

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 12:39 PM
link   

Last Wednesday, in the hours after a horrific chemical attack east of Damascus, an official at the Syrian Ministry of Defense exchanged panicked phone calls with a leader of a chemical weapons unit, demanding answers for a nerve agent strike that killed more than 1,000 people. Those conversations were overheard by U.S. intelligence services, The Cable has learned. And that is the major reason why American officials now say they're certain that the attacks were the work of the Bashar al-Assad regime -- and why the U.S. military is likely to attack that regime in a matter of days.

But the intercept raises questions about culpability for the chemical massacre, even as it answers others: Was the attack on Aug. 21 the work of a Syrian officer overstepping his bounds? Or was the strike explicitly directed by senior members of the Assad regime? "It's unclear where control lies," one U.S. intelligence official told The Cable. "Is there just some sort of general blessing to use these things? Or are there explicit orders for each attack?"

Continued...

thecable.foreignpolicy.com...

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 12:41 PM
link   
Where was the outrage here??

www.telegraph.co.uk...

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 12:49 PM
link   
What about all these Russian anti-ship missiles and stuff he supposedly had? Prob doesnt mean anything though as last i saw the US military command said they were aware of such armamants and that our ships were being kept at a "safe distance".

Assad is seriously limited in retaliation methods. He can reach Cyprus, barely, but that's about it. His only option is Israel, which if you believe the reports from Damascus already, were able to walk all over their defenses and hit wherever they wanted without a shot being fired at them. Which bodes ill for any retaliation.

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 12:51 PM
link   

Oh yeah didn't you know ? the British Special Forces have been drop in Syria, Big news corps scout for intel all the time.

Wouldn't be out of the ordinary to have Spec Forces on the ground gathering up intel.

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 01:13 PM
link   

The Israeli rush for gas masks also bodes ill.
source
Better safe than sorry though,I would have a family size box of gas masks if I lived there these days.

News in the UK is that opposition party,Labour will not support the strikes without prior UN confirmation of chems used.
That may take 3 days they say,but I think this may start sooner than that.
edit on 8/28/2013 by 12m8keall2c because: fixed source link

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join