It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Military strikes on Syria 'as early as Thursday,' US officials say

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 11:06 AM
link   
Can anybody tell me why Valerie Jarrett wants to strike her Middle Eastern allies?

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 11:07 AM
link   
Who are we bombing?

Where are we bombing?

We're bombing into a contry that is having a civil war.

Sides are non-existant!

"War is what happens when politicians fail at their job."
-anon

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 11:09 AM
link   
Not sure what to think about all of this yet, but until then...

A Syrian opposition diplomat told Al Arabiya on Monday that the “coming hours” will mark a crucial phase in the Syrian conflict and will be filled with developments “the region and the world have not witnessed in years.”

“Wait until tomorrow [Tuesday] and you will hear a very important speech, while in the following three to four days will be filled with developments that the region and the world have not witnessed in years,” said Monzer Makhous, the Syrian National Coalition’s (SNC) ambassador to Paris.

Makhous said the “very important” speech will not come from the Syrian opposition but from “Friends of Syria” countries which he said are “about to execute their humanitarian, moral, and political duties towards Syria.”

Elaborating more, he said that an international military action is on the sight and that the Syrian Free Army will do its part. The military actions, he noted, will be “comprehensive.”

english.alarabiya.net...

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 11:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Silcone Synapse
I hope it won't be number 3-but it could go that way ....

Look at the major players who are all lining up (China, Russia, USA, UK, France, Syria, Israel, Egypt, Iran, Saudi Arabia, etc) . Look at the entities that are also lining up ... Hamas, Muslim Brotherhood, etc. That's looking like WWIII to me.

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 11:12 AM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Where are we bombing?

Well, according to Reuters...

Jarba offered the 11 nations represented in the Friends of Syria core group a list of 10 proposed targets.

They included the Mezze Military Airport on the western outskirts of Damascus, the Qutaifa missile base north of the city and compounds of the Fourth Mechanised Division, a elite unit headed by Assad's feared brother Maher and composed mainly of members of his Alawite minority sect.

www.reuters.com...

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 11:12 AM
link   
For crying out loud ... it's looking like I should go make a run to Target and pick up dry goods, canned goods, etc. Just in case. Heck .. time to change the water in the water barrels too. This thing really looks like it could explode pretty soon. UGH. Better to be safe and over stocked ....

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 11:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

Originally posted by muse7
This feels like we're living under the Bush administration all over again.

No. It's worse. Bush43 at least went to congress and told the UN ... but Obama is just doing his own thing. Mr. Nobel Peace Prize is dragging us into World War III. And that's exactly what this is .... everyone is involved. Everyone .....

im sorry but are you really so ignorant to the fact that ,hes under presure all the time from the House of Rep and those Lobbyist mtfrs .
Also the fact that the CIA / MI5 / MOSSAD /UN / and all the other services that provide Obama with fake proof should be taken in account.
Or do you think that he can tell to his staff " i dont belief the proof you guys bring to me !"
Or maybe you think he collect the proof himself,lol
Im getting a bit tired of people that constantly say OBAMA THIS OBAMA THAT !
Its not that simpel and Obama is just a SEO of a very bigg compagnie that has many powerfull leaders and many have there own litle agenda ( for example like that mtf Mc Cain and his zionist lobby friends)

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 11:15 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

I agree with all the players you mentioned there, except China. Is there an official statement by them anywhere concerning this? They seem to be staying out of this one from what I can gather.. Could be wrong tho, it happens a lot!

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 11:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer
Where are we bombing?

The current target list would include chemical storage and production sites, as well as whatever air defense systems necessary to destroy to open a corridor to the target areas.

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 11:18 AM
link   
reply to post by WhySoBlinded

Well according to Kerry they got there information from social media so I will say that Obomba is a bigger goof then the last pos I mean potus.

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 11:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Zaphod58

reply to post by Deetermined

I don't know what is more depressing. The fact that you know WHERE we might be bombing, or the fact that we are even going in.

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 11:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Zaphod58

I agree with the production sites but how can they be sure about the chemical weapon locations?
I'm sure they move them around a lot.

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 11:23 AM
link   
The pre stated time for the attack is appropriate because it is in open retaliation for the use of chemical weapons, it is all out in the open.

Now what the crazies do after these bombs start delivering punishment and retribution, that will determine the next course of action.

If they send an all out attack on Israel, well it's gonna be an all out war. If they try sinking fleet ships, all out war. If they launch more chemical weapons, all out war.

Assad is determining his own future. He used chemical weapons and if he retaliates after receiving his punishment, well it will be on his own hands again. His entire air defense grid will be reduced to smoldering ashes so he will be completely vulnerable after this attack, only a madman would escalate it further but if he does I have no doubt the scores and scores of his sympathizers will think he is a genius.

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 11:26 AM
link   
Just curious, am I the only one experiencing continual "502", "503" and "504" server errors while trying to connect to ATS since yesterday? It's almost impossible to get on here. I'm not having trouble with any other websites.

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 11:27 AM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

I have access to sources a lot of civilians don't, so I can find out things a lot of people can't.

reply to post by thesaneone

They can move them around, but there are signs that they're being moved, that can be tracked. There are E-8 J-STARS in the area that can track vehicles on the ground. If there is one flying nearby within range of a chemical storage site then they can track the convoy from the time they leave to the time they reach their new location. Same with Sentinels and other assets in the region.
edit on 8/27/2013 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 11:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Deetermined

The Three Word Story thread and the U2U system are causing problems for the boards.

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 11:28 AM
link   
A few thoughts.

Out of all of the "conflicts" we've involved ourselves in and wars we've started...this is the one that I want us to do something about more than any other.
I was completely opposed to Iraq & Afghanistan and wasn't happy about our involvement in Libya.

I heard a guy on a call in on the radio yesterday, ex armed forces, saying about how we went overseas to fight terrorism and how Assad is only fighting terrorism in his back yard and has Al Qaeda and other terrorist groups fighting against his troops.

The guy on the call said he disagreed with all of our previous invasions other than the first gulf war and said it's nothing to do with us and who are we to tell another country they can't fight terrorism.

It's such a complex issue and I'm not sure us going over and bombing places and people is going to help anyone.

We'll see I suppose.

So far around 100,000 people have died.

Something needs to be done..... but what?

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 11:32 AM
link   
Send in the black triangles!

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 11:33 AM
link   
reply to post by blupblup

But does it matter how people are being killed? Why support one sick dictator and not the next?

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 11:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by thesaneone
reply to post by blupblup

But does it matter how people are being killed? Why support one sick dictator and not the next?

I don't get your point?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join