It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Military strikes on Syria 'as early as Thursday,' US officials say

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 09:59 AM
link   

Military strikes on Syria 'as early as Thursday,' US officials say

worldnews.nbcnews.com

Missile strikes against Syria could be launched “as early as Thursday,” senior U.S. officials said Tuesday as the White House intensified its push toward an international response to the suspected use of chemical weapons.

The “three days” of strikes would be limited in scope, and aimed at sending a message to Syria's President Bashar Assad rather than degrading his military capabilities, U.S. officials told NBC News.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 09:59 AM
link   
So it looks like the ball is definitely rolling, and a strike against Syria is coming possibly within a few days.

Nothing like dropping some Freedom Bombs on Assad to send him a message.

This feels like we're living under the Bush administration all over again. We're about to attack a country based on some "evidence" no one has seen.

And at the end of the day it's going to be the Syrian people that will pay the ultimate price and not Assad.

worldnews.nbcnews.com

+6 more 
posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 10:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by muse7

So it looks like the ball is definitely rolling, and a strike against Syria is coming possibly within a few days.

Nothing like dropping some Freedom Bombs on Assad to send him a message.

This feels like we're living under the Bush administration all over again. We're about to attack a country based on some "evidence" no one has seen.

And at the end of the day it's going to be the Syrian people that will pay the ultimate price and not Assad.

worldnews.nbcnews.com

Obama = Bush. Same people pulling the strings, just a different face for us to direct our anger at, instead of at the actual cause.

Enough of the dem/repub blame game. EVERY one of our 'elected' rulers is to blame, as are we for letting them use us for so long, with nary a whimper about it.

Sure, we'll all get up in arms about Miley Cyrus, but about something that actually matters? Nah, it's fine, let's just go ahead and launch missiles at another country, no one cares... or at least that's what I'm seeing on my social media feeds this AM.

America is lost, too stupid and lazy now to actually do anything to stop our own regime from killing indiscriminately. And a lot of innocent people are about to die thanks to the apathy of all of US.

/endrant

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 10:09 AM
link   
Wait, where have I heard this before? Oh right, a rehash of the "shock and awe" campaign..... Bush 2.0. Although most of us already saw that fact years ago. Whoopie, the war drums just keep on beating. To hell with the US government and their damned war machine.

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 10:11 AM
link   

The “three days” of strikes would be limited in scope, and aimed at sending a message to Syria's President Bashar Assad rather than degrading his military capabilities, U.S. officials told NBC News.

So they're trying to portray this as "attack-lite" for some reason. Doubt they give a rip about Assad so there must be another reason. Like they don't want to torque-off China and Russia too much.

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 10:28 AM
link   
HUGE BLUFF?

Who in there right mind would warn and give the exact date on when they would strick?

I would guess if anything, a stick would happen sooner, or not at all.
edit on 27-8-2013 by camaro68ss because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 10:29 AM
link   
Yes this is all my opinion, but Eisenhower was right,
The MIC is out of control.

I doubt this is Obama staying up late thinking
"attack or no attack".
This is Pentagon Brass deciding its warranted.
(Which it may be considering we are talking Chem attacks)

But just like the idea of Guantanamo being shut down,
Obama obviously wanted it but the Brass said "No".
And what happened ?
I thought the prez was in charge?
Hardly

The Pentagon looks at these scenarios as a chance
to try new equipment.

Like Bill Hicks said; someone safe from battle looks through a
catalog and says "What's G-14 do?" I don't know
but the General says do it . "Round out".

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 10:30 AM
link   

“If there is no action, we are afraid that in the coming days, not coming weeks, Bashar will use chemical weapons and chemical materials against very wide areas and, I’m afraid, to kill maybe 20,000 or 30,000 more people,” he told NBC News’ Chief Foreign Correspondent Richard Engel.

"If we don't take out all of Syria's conventional weapons and leave them with only chemical weapons... Uh... wait... Can I start over?"

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 10:31 AM
link   
reply to post by camaro68ss

Well, if you want to signal the 'other' guy when to have their troops at that particular site that you're going to launch on so that you can make sure you inflict collateral damage that causes the Russians and US to escalate against one another... you put it out in the open.

Or maybe we just like to brag about stuff in the open... meh.

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 10:31 AM
link   
It is more so, just feeling out all the responses from around the world. See who's a threat, who is allies, After that, they will determine the next phase.

Plus they could use this ploy to force Assad to give away locations of potential hidden chemical weapon locations, You can bet after this statement our satellites are all trained down on Syria looking any kind of movement.
edit on 27-8-2013 by Skorpy because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 10:34 AM
link   
I honestly think any reply from the US gov should be aimed at both, the rebels and Assad. They both used chemical weapons. Both sides are guilty in this matter.

If we are gonna hit them, might as well hit everyone involved and show them that no one should be using these WMDs.

That is just my opinion though.

edit on 27-8-2013 by Darkblade71 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 10:41 AM
link   
Dave Scamagoon has recalled UK Parliment to vote on action in Syria-on Thursday.
So if they debate and vote in the morning,they will have the "yes to action"vote by the time Barry is eating his breakfast cornflakes.
The op is all working as planned.

The UK news media really become so transparent times like this-they try to blag us that "ministers are very concerned about military action helping Al Quaeda in Syria."

Yet we have been giving the rebels(who are mostly AQ affiliated IMO)aid for months..

And the media believe we are stupid enough not to work this out-and sadly in fact,most folks are stupid enough.
I have already heard some young guys in a bar saying how we should nuke the entire middle east-like they no doubt said after 9/11 and 7/7 etc.
Just what TPTB want-lie absorbing passive media consumers with few active braincells.
Their game is working just as they wished it.
Bastards.

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 10:43 AM
link   

This feels like we're living under the Bush administration all over again.

No. It's worse. Bush43 at least went to congress and told the UN ... but Obama is just doing his own thing. Mr. Nobel Peace Prize is dragging us into World War III. And that's exactly what this is .... everyone is involved. Everyone .....

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 10:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Dreine

Sure, we'll all get up in arms about Miley Cyrus, but about something that actually matters?

You know, I had a strange sense of deja vu when I read that. Can anyone else from remember from the top of your head what all the past silly celebrity distractions were?

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 10:45 AM
link   
reply to post by camaro68ss

Didn't Kim Jong-Un do the same? He also gave exact days etc :p

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 10:49 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

I hope it won't be number 3-but it could go that way in many ways-someone lauches gas at Israel,Iran blows up a few oil tankers to block Hormuz straight,assad gets a lucky hit on a US destroyer...
Many things could spiral out of hand very fast.
Here in the UK,the idiots(gov)are saying-"we don't want regime change"knowing full well if assad retaliates in any way against a western attack-regime change will be next on the list.

They know that,yet think the population are dumb enough to believe their bovine excreta.
Well,not I.

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 10:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by sealing

I doubt this is Obama staying up late thinking
"attack or no attack".
This is Pentagon Brass deciding its warranted.
(Which it may be considering we are talking Chem attacks)

The Pentagon looks at these scenarios as a chance
to try new equipment.

Exactly what this guy said.... I've been saying it a long time too... The Pentagon is on a power trip, the greatest enemy to America and to the world is the Pentagon!!! It's a militarized corporate machine that has no bounds!

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 10:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlySolo
reply to post by Dreine

Sure, we'll all get up in arms about Miley Cyrus, but about something that actually matters?

You know, I had a strange sense of deja vu when I read that. Can anyone else from remember from the top of your head what all the past silly celebrity distractions were?

The royal birth and Kardashian were done around the same time as the NSA/IRS/Benghazi. Anytime a celebrity headlines all the news channels, watch the back door channels to see what is really going on. Miley will distract the sheep from Syria.
We need to pull our troops back and tell the rest of the world to blow each other up if they want, we will be here rebuilding our economy. Friggen warmongering idiots.

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 10:59 AM
link   

I have already heard some young guys in a bar saying how we should nuke the entire middle east-like they no doubt said after 9/11 and 7/7 etc.

Which is based on their understanding of Mideast history which they have studied extensively. Wonder how many of them can even find Syria on a world map.

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 11:05 AM
link   
Well folks, looks like this could be it. We are about to start what, IMHO, will be WW III.

I look for any attack to happen tonight or tomorrow night. This world has gone to sh*t, and I'm afraid it's about to get a hell of a lot worse.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join