It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

15 Mysterious Locations

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 12:42 AM
link   
reply to post by FosterVS

Oh, I think the USAF has given up on that F-4 crash site. I have the crash report, but it is one of the worst preserved documents I ever got. Jag apologized for the condition. In fact, it was so bad that I tossed it on the to study later pile for at least a year. Then I figured out the trick of lining up the topo of the crash with the USGS topo. Talking to another crash hunter, it turns out that is a common secret. [In this case, it wasn't Shadowhawk, but I bet he does that too.] Topo data is kind of like a finger print if the area is hilly enough.

Incidentally, the people at the Little Aleinn claim the Weed crash is elsewhere, and that they are the bar in the story. Total fiction. Even the news reports say the crash was near Alamo.

Anderegg is still kicking, but I don't know how to reach him. It might be fun to have him go back to the crash site after all these years. I hiked to the site, but you could easily do it in a car you didn't give a crap about, or a quad.

Weed crash
I have a hard copy of Sierra Hotel, but the PDF is free. It is a good history of Red Flag. I loaned my copy to a former Marine F-4 pilot and he said it put him back in the seat again. Little nuances about the F-4 are documented well.

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 08:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Zaphod58

It may be true, but I just can't see a need to test there when there are better places to test In Australia like Woomera. I'm pretty sure there were a few hypersonic tests done up there aswell.

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 08:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by gariac
I don't post everything I know, because there are leaks I like to exploit that I rather not see patched.

And when I find out the status of this project, if it's not gone active, then I'll post details. The point I was attempting to make was that, you and others don't know everything there is to know, and that contrary to what was being said, there was testing of an airborne test article at Pine Gap.

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 10:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Zaphod58

I assume by others you mean me, I haven't claimed to know everything, but there were things in that article that just werent true and should be set straight so people don't come on here and believe it to be true.

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 10:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Stealthbomber

Actually, I wasn't referring to you. I have for the most part seen your posts to be level headed, and fairly straightforward.

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 03:43 PM
link   
Geez, I leave the forums for a couple of days and everything kicks off, I always miss the good arguments

Originally posted by Stealthbomber
reply to post by Florasaurus

It wouldn't really make sense to fly a Janet aircraft there, it would have to make a few stops on the way. That's the only thing troubling me about the boscombe downs crash.

There's bits of it that I'm not really buying either, but I reckon something must have happened or there wouldn't have been such a big deal about it... I've got friends who are quite high up in NATO & the RAF Police, and were at the time, and they haven't heard anything about it so I dunno

Originally posted by OtherSideOfTheCoin
reply to post by Florasaurus

I have to agree with RAF Machrihanish, if there is a UK Area 51, its there or was there until the Mod sold it

I went up there the other day, absolutely dead... No evidence of anything going on at all, apart from the flights to Glasgow. It's sad really, but that must mean that there's somewhere else that's replaced Machrihanish, now all we need to do is find it!!

And another one to add to the list:

BAe Warton, Lancashire, UK (can't find a decent pic)

Basically the hub for BAe in the UK, there's always interesting things flying around there and interesting developments going on there. There was, and still is, quite a few UFO sightings around the coast there and out into the Irish Sea and the latest one to fly from there is the Taranis, which has triggered the usual black triangle/diamond sightings

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 12:48 AM
link   
Brilliant post. This sort of topic, and the debate regarding these locations, is a great interest to me.

I have also not heard of a number of these locations so am off to find out more!

Thanks OP.

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 01:42 AM
link   
A bit more about Alice Springs. First of all, the action isn't at Alice Springs. That is just the nearest town. Pine Gap is off to the North West. Besides the satellite SIGINT, they also have OTHR (over the horizon radar).

This thread is interestiing:
Defence with a C

The signal is said to be strong enough to blow up nearby re-fuelling depots, which are equipped with metal "faraday" shields to stop accidental sparks. Read more: www.defencetalk.com...

Sounds like a great place to test aircraft. ;-) Much like Pavepaws, you need to steer clear of OTHR. You can go to Skyvector to see the restricted airspace over the area. It is YMD-207, but I don't know how to find the exact details of the restrictions.

Remember, there is no airport at Pine Gap. People think there is an airport there because they see grubbed dirt, but those strips are for the OTHR.

Coordinates 23°31'23.36"S 133°40'49.16"E

Once again, Pine Gap is for SIGINT.

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 04:16 PM
link   
Turns out the information that started this thread came from TruTV. That explains the dubious quality.
[url=http://www.trutv.com/conspiracy/paranormal/ufo-sites-secret-military-bases-area-51-haarp-russia-nsa/photos.html?curPhoto=beyond-area-51]source[/u rl]

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 09:12 PM
link   
reply to post by gariac

They have HAARP in the URL too, which isn't in the first post. I was looking forward to the mind control, weather mod discussion

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 09:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Stealthbomber
reply to post by gariac

They have HAARP in the URL too, which isn't in the first post. I was looking forward to the mind control, weather mod discussion

Funny thing is HAARP is shut down due to lack of funding, and to top it off, it turned out a few countries have similar facilities. Plus it is hard to keep a transmitter site a secret since they tend to, well, you know, transmit.

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 11:00 PM
link   
reply to post by gariac

Maybe they just want you to think its closed down

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 11:24 PM
link   
Took 6 days to send out a HELO to my new location.

Good news. Gives me a rough estimate where I am in the pecking order.

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 12:28 AM
link   
The last TIkaboo photo appears to have a UFO cloud in it.
Tikaboo cam photo

I will archive it for yucks.

The Tikaboo cam, when live, is taking a photo every 10 minutes. Now the base probably doesn't want photos of the tourists to go out over the internet, so they probably time when they take their shots, i.e. they go in the dead time interval. But it is possible the base could screw up and release a photo of a tourist on the peak.

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 06:19 AM
link   
That's just gorgeous.. One of the many reasons why I've climbed Tikaboo.

Can't beat the majesty of good 'ol Mother Nature, err HAARP!

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 02:41 AM
link   

Stealthbomber
reply to post by InhaleExhale

Like I said earlier, Woomera test range is where

What makes you think this, mate? I'd say if they wanted to they could head up to Exmouth on the Northern WA coast or to one of the 'Bare bases' being caretakered by the RAAF up through the northern parts of AS.

Woomera is still pretty far inland, granted no where near as far as PIne Gap/ Tindall but still a fair ways in.

Also, there are numerous farms, communities, and a major Defence range close by that would inhibit testing.

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 03:09 AM
link   
reply to post by AussieNutter

I think it was in this thread or perhaps another that I said Exmouth would also be another good candidate for testing, as its not used and pretty far out. I believe that ex mouth was/is used for UAV operations, I remember reading something about that a while ago, I'll see if I can dig it up.

As for woomera their is UAV testing going on there at the moment, BAE is testing a UAV put there. There may not be testing top secret planes/uavs but they could be testing new sensors and the like and normal people wouldn't really know what they're looking at so they'd be none the wiser.

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 03:47 AM
link   
reply to post by AussieNutter

The gist of the thread was that Pine Gap wasn't a particularly good place to test aircraft, given it is a sigint facility and has a OTHR nearby. OTHR is like a directed energy device. It can fry electronics. The Beale Pave Paws has a notam to keep aircraft away for safety.

posted on Sep, 30 2013 @ 04:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Lady_Tuatha

I'm new to ATS, and I am unsure if this is the right place to ask this but here goes. I found a mysterious airfield in the middle of the desert, and was wondering if anyone could identify it for me. There is also strange designs in the landscape. It's at 35 17'12.63" N 117 6'20.18" W and the area around it. Thank You

posted on Sep, 30 2013 @ 10:41 PM
link   
reply to post by mike6163

Looks like a mock airfield for aerial exercises. That's Fort Irwin.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join