It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

15 Mysterious Locations

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 10:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Stealthbomber

Why do you keep going on about some guy Dennis, nobody really cares

so by your reckoning something isnt there if there are no visible signs
well it would'nt be so secret then would it! It is possible on many accounts and in many places there does exist hidden facilities that we know nothing about.

By the way, the department of homeland security told me that, yeah I work for them, just ask umm Darren, yeah Darren will verify everything.

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 10:20 AM
link   
reply to post by SunnyDee

None taken

Yeah those guys are really going flat out on this one, must have hit a nerve.

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 10:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Lady_Tuatha

Dennis was a pseudonym for 'he who shall not be named' when he appeared on tv and broke the story about aliens and underground facilities at S4. Look into your mysterious place S4 and you shall find out exactly who Dennis is, when you find out though please don't start a thread on here about it, there's already 3 thousand others.

Regarding the secret facilities, I do agree with you that there are others, but in this day and age with google earth and other tools available for finding bases, it's much easier to fly your secret aircraft out of already established bases. Why complicate things and build a facity at S4 when there's a perfectly good test facility only a stone throw away at Area 51. There's also the fact that If you don't want people flying over your secret base you need to set up a No Fly Zone, they're well documented and there you have it your secret base is no more a secret.

With bases in the desert like an area like S4 you wouldn't be able to do such a large excavation without showing some signs, have you heard the old saying 'the desert never heals'? Ie. something always shows up. I've seen S4 from google earth and also have seen photos and spoken to people that have worked at Area 51 and from what I've seen and heard, there's no facility at S4..

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 10:41 AM
link   

Nth west, about 5km if not less would be a place to conceal such

Yeah there's not to many mountains near Pine Gap.

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 10:57 AM
link   
reply to post by InhaleExhale

Alright, but why would you go through the trouble of building a hangar into the side of a mountain near a facility that doesn't have anything to do with testing secret aircraft? Pine Gap is used for SIGINT and communicating with spy satellites. If your looking for mysterious things going on the author could have said how Pine Gap is used in the PRISM project.

It's also not really a good place to launch spy drones from being right in the middle of Australia, it would take about 4 hours just to get out of Australian airspace. Like I said earlier, Woomera test range is where the secret drone testing goes on, and coming in second as a good place to launch a spy drone would be RAAF Learmouth.

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 10:58 AM
link   
reply to post by InhaleExhale

Alright, but why would you go through the trouble of building a hangar into the side of a mountain near a facility that doesn't have anything to do with testing secret aircraft? Pine Gap is used for SIGINT and communicating with spy satellites. If your looking for mysterious things going on the author could have said how Pine Gap is used in the PRISM project.

It's also not really a good place to launch spy drones from being right in the middle of Australia, it would take about 4 hours just to get out of Australian airspace. Like I said earlier, Woomera test range is where the secret drone testing goes on, and coming in second as a good place to launch a spy drone would be RAAF Learmouth.

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 10:59 AM
link   

Pine Gap is a good place to test airborne systems out. There are mountains (ok, hills), so they can fly them low level through the mountains (ok, hills) and see how they do. As well as test their ability to avoid radar and other detection methods.

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 11:00 AM
link   
reply to post by gariac

Or you could strive to be creative and come up with something original to post in your own thread which in some way makes someone else's day..!! As opposed to devoting your life to 'stomping out nonsense' online, when you & I both know there are plenty of people paid to do that - and what is more, they don't need your amateurish assistance.

Your posts, and those of several others in this thread, all come across as mean-spirited and nasty. I wish I could say you and your buddies had contributed to making ATS a better place, but you haven't..!! All you did was grab a member or two (innuendo not intended) and slam on the OP for several pages, with sneaky BFF chats in between sniping the OP.

Go compose a thread with the other members I refer to instead - it seems you might have something interesting to contribute based on your oh-so-subtle hints, so do it..!! Stop wasting your life trying to troll people into miserytown - on threads you deem to be 'baseless' (pun not intended, but hey it might make someone smile...)

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 11:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by gariac
The first post, granted it comes from internet sources, has to be the worst collection of crap ever posted on ATS. Besides mixing it up with UFO and space alien garbage, the factual elements are mostly wrong. Let me just debunk one:

About 70 miles northwest of Area 51 is a place so secret, even people in the U.S. intelligence community rarely talk about it. Called the Tonopah Test Range, F-117 Nighthawk stealth fighter was kept under wraps there for ten years without anybody but the president and the highest reaches of the U.S. military knowing about it.

Calm down, dude. Why the hate? I don't think it's meant to be purposely mislead but for reading enjoyment. Relax.
edit on 29-8-2013 by UnBreakable because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 11:03 AM
link   

Take it with a pinch of salt. I enjoyed the OP, it inspired me to look at my own nation's secretive projects in a bit more depth.

Mystery is the province of ATS, and there are many mysteries out there involving military projects, likely several pay grades over and above certain people.

Some of those mysteries are very carefully guarded, from every angle.

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 11:06 AM
link   

ETA - I anticipate a spiteful and nasty response any moment now from certain persons involved in the thread (not the OP in case anyone is confused). I won't waste my life getting entangled.

edit on 29-8-2013 by FlyInTheOintment because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 11:11 AM
link   

It's also not really a good place to launch spy drones from being right in the middle of Australia,

Yes,

That is why what is hypothesized is far more exotic technology being tested there or interacting with the base.

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 11:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Zaphod58

Are you talking about Drones or something more like JLENS? Or neither

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 11:56 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyInTheOintment

Thanks, yeah I am not that bothered, I mean with each reply they just bump this thread right up to the top of the page again where more people get a chance to read it. I never understood that logic, I just avoid threads that I dont like.

I enjoy topics like this as they get the inquisitive juices going, there has to be plenty of facilities out there that we know very little or nothing at all about.

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 12:02 PM
link   

This thread got me reading on the dulce secret base, whick very much intrigues me. Hard to say what is truth from fiction but wow!

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 12:06 PM
link   
Wow two trolls certainly got on their high horse in this thread.
It's a good job they know exactly where all the secret bases on the planet are.
Oh but that means they aren't secret?
Know it alls who have probably never set foot in half the countries in the OP having definitive PROOF it is wrong.

I love these threads as they are lists of places and myths you can quite easily suppoert or debunk at your leisure but in all seriousness 'We'll never know'' is generally going to be the result.

The Pictures although not accurate BRIGHTEN a mundane wall of text.

Thanks OP S+F.

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 12:11 PM
link   

A little of one, not much of the other, although technically neither. Lol

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 12:19 PM
link   

I also enjoy secret bases and that kind of thing, but when you talk about bases like the TTR where people do know a bit about it and then the author makes up some wild claims about it, your going to get people telling the other side of the story.

Heres the website for the secret TTR.

TTR

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 12:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Zaphod58

But definitely not aliens

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 12:31 PM
link   

Just because they have a website doesnt mean that they could not test things or take part in things the public are not privy to.

For example the NSA has a website

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join