It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Midnight Blue(the painting)

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 01:45 PM
link   
While I have really enjoyed some of your flower paintings and such, I'm afraid I'm not a fan of your paintings of people. Have you thought about going back to the others?

And good lord, looks like one of the posters on here has certainly forgot their manners!

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 01:55 PM
link   
Someone may not be to keen on either hello's or goodbye's.. Or maybe the individual is thinking of doing a proper one at his 20. But again..what do i know as you do not. I am sure this one will give his warmest welcome in time.

Just a thought.

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 06:08 PM
link   
its really Kindagarden art. The mind of a child locked in the dilapidated body of an adult.

Poor Poor Piequal.

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 06:10 PM
link   
reply to post by wildtimes

You really need to work on your "anatomy" representations. The arms and legs look like they have no bones, and are deformed.

Sorry I didn't answer you until now,my mind has been gone certain ways and places.

The painting is perfect in her beauty.

Indeed it is a new species,cartilaginous,very flexible,which can double mulate without any effort.

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 06:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by piequal3because14

You really need to work on your "anatomy" representations. The arms and legs look like they have no bones, and are deformed.

Sorry I didn't answer you until now,my mind has been gone certain ways and places.

Indeed it is a new species,cartilaginous,very flexible,which can double mulate without any effort.

Self portrait obviously lol

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 06:34 PM
link   
reply to post by chiefsmom

And good lord, looks like one of the posters on here has certainly forgot their manners!
Yes he did,because he is afraid by the fact that he has no chance to knock at Heaven's door.

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 06:39 PM
link   
reply to post by piequal3because14

Yes he did,because he is afraid by the fact that he has no chance to knock at Heaven's door.

The road that leads to you Heavens door is populated by the side of the road by tall poppies telling sad tales filled with mistruths. Whats in Heaven door is a worn out old tyre that has done to many miles to be off any use to God any more.

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 06:43 PM
link   
And no chance he shall eternally not have.

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 06:44 PM
link   

And no chance he shall eternally not have.

Make that a promise i think a night with you would be a hellish eternity.

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 07:27 PM
link   
reply to post by chiefsmom

While I have really enjoyed some of your flower paintings and such, I'm afraid I'm not a fan of your paintings of people. Have you thought about going back to the others?
A painting without human body as content is without life,IMHO.

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 06:54 AM
link   
I thought you said they weren't humans?

This thread is weird. It's like I'm on another planet. .... no conversation that's in any way meaningful.
Quite disturbing/disturbed.

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 06:55 AM
link   
reply to post by AthlonSavage

Make that a promise i think a night with you would be a hellish eternity.

Why do you keep replying and posting in her threads?

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 06:57 AM
link   

Why do you keep replying and posting in her threads?

Because someone has to stand up to the fallen angel

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 07:09 AM
link   

Because someone has to stand up to the fallen angel

And, who elected you? Quite a burden...especially when your ward is such a recalcitrant, fractured sort of artiste. *shrug* Oh, well. Whatever floats your boat I guess. If nothing else, your exchanges are entertaining in a perplexing sort of way.

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 07:16 AM
link   

I thought you elected me. So how would you score her Art out of 1 (terrible) to 10 (Magnificent).

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 07:55 AM
link   

I thought you elected me.

You did? Hmmm...well, then, your term is now over, good sir and valiant.

So how would you score her Art out of 1 (terrible) to 10 (Magnificent).

It would depend on what "style" she was trying to emulate. Since she can't decide if the figures are human or cartilaginous mutants, I can't judge it. If, however, she's going for "representational" or "photographic" quality, then it's a fail. If she's trying to be Chagall-esque, I guess it works.
La Mariee, 1950

Not my sort of art, though. If I were a collector, I'd never choose a Chagall. I think they are unpleasant.

I'm a J.W. Waterhouse fan. Examples:

"Gone But Not Forgotten" (1873):

"Lamia and the Soldier" (version 1; 1905):

But, Some people highly regard Chagall. It's simply not to my taste. So, I don't care about it. Would not have it hanging in my home in any room.

edit on 28-8-2013 by wildtimes because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 08:01 AM
link   

I guess if you look at Pies paints as being abstract renditions of the imagination similar to the style of Chagall, then mabey she has similar personality to the painter of the Chagall.

The last two paintings you linked are very good.

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 08:04 AM
link   

my mind has been gone certain ways and places.

Yeah, I figured that out some several weeks ago, the first time I saw your "art" - the one with the inflatable doll lady with the broken neck.

Well, I looked at the thread you linked in the OP that this painting "goes with" - and the image of the white flower and blue flower is beautiful. If I were you, I'd try to paint that in still life and see how you do.

Also, the colors are garish. The Chagall I posted (La Mariee) would be a choice a 2nd grader might make for her bedroom, I guess, but what do 2nd-graders know? They just know their own taste.

That said, if you think it's perfect, then - it's perfect - if it's an expression of yourself that satisfies you.
Why get all bothered when others don't appreciate it?

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 08:23 AM
link   
Not interested in others opinion,because others are just two,while my paintings are at high value and beauty ,as many hundreds have said so.

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 08:39 AM
link   

Not interested in others opinion,because others are just two,while my paintings are at high value and beauty ,as many hundreds have said so.

None of those "many hundreds" seem to be here giving you accolades. Do you have a gallery somewhere? A portfolio? Who has bought your paintings? What price do they fetch?

And most pertinently, why are you posting them here?? That's your right and privilege, of course, but, you should expect critiques, and be able to answer questions - which you don't. So - I'll probably continue to look at your paintings, because you are an eccentric and amusing excessively prideful self-styled "artist." But, I won't be bidding on any of them - they seem amateurish and somehow twisted. In this one, the look on the female's face is one of horror - not beauty and paradise; and your palette hurts my eyes.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join