It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are we all dead already?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 22 2003 @ 12:15 PM
link   
WARNING: SPOILER!!!
Don't read any further if you haven't seen it!

illustrated by the fact that the ghosts thought they were living, and that the living were in fact the ghosts....

[Edited on 22-5-2003 by Gazrok]

posted on May, 22 2003 @ 12:22 PM
link   
Yeah, o.k. you spoiled it Gazrok...

I don't have to look at that movie now...

posted on May, 22 2003 @ 12:25 PM
link   
My bad...I'll add a disclaimer....

posted on May, 22 2003 @ 12:28 PM
link   
Jeesh, I think you guys are just picking on little ol' me, I know I didn't sound that harsh.

But hey, don't let me stand in the way of you guys' toke-fest.
And hey, here's another one for y'all to discuss:
Could it be that we are all really invisible, its just that we all have eyes capable of picking up invisible people as if they weren't?

Just figured I'd help! Aw, go ahead, rake me over the coals again. I'm beginning to enjoy the pain.

Goy

posted on May, 22 2003 @ 12:57 PM
link   
Thomas, I normally don't rush into judging people but you really are an arrogant, self-centred gimp.

If you dont like the discussion and you think it's for stoners (Even though I've already told you I don't do pot), THEN DON'T READ OR POST HERE!

got it? Jeeeesh! Just get over yourself man. If you don't agree with what I think about you, prove me wrong and don't reply to this.

I doubt you'll be able to resist.

posted on May, 22 2003 @ 01:27 PM
link   
Find a sense of humor, would you please.

And furthermore, don't tell me what to do.

But above all, find a sense of humor. Your lack of one indicates you are more of what you have accused me.

And furthermore, really get out their and attempt to locate a sense of humor.

No, they will not be found in the bong section of your local head shop.

[Edited on 22-5-2003 by Thomas Crowne]

posted on May, 22 2003 @ 01:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thomas Crowne
And furthermore, really get out their and attempt to locate a sense of humor.

posted on May, 22 2003 @ 01:29 PM
link   
In defense of TC..I honestly think he means no true harm by what he says..if you look beyond his 'sense of humour' you will most definately see that he himself ask many of these questions about freaky paranormal and allike..he just wants answers like anyone else here and uses his *cute* humour to slide by without being noticed as one of the flakes(like me) who insist that life isn't all touchy feely..(but he is, don't let him fool ya) he may have *sounded* as thou he was joking about being invisible-but he wasn't

Magestica

posted on May, 22 2003 @ 01:33 PM
link   
Well, Maj, riddle me this - can you see me? Uh-huh, didn't think so.
I'm even more invisible if there are no mirrors around.

posted on May, 22 2003 @ 01:41 PM
link   
*now get that questionable look off your face*

Magestica

posted on May, 22 2003 @ 01:44 PM
link   
when I'm invisible dammit!

posted on May, 22 2003 @ 01:45 PM
link   

posted on May, 22 2003 @ 01:46 PM
link   
The boots are the only thing I'm wearing!

posted on May, 22 2003 @ 01:46 PM
link   
I notice you didn't tell me to put my clothes on!!

posted on May, 22 2003 @ 01:47 PM
link   
Psst Gazrok...We are not staring because your invisible,you just smell funny.J/K

posted on May, 22 2003 @ 01:50 PM
link   
This last half belongs in the fantasy thread..FOR sure

posted on May, 22 2003 @ 01:50 PM
link   
smells funny? Oh yeah, right....sorry

You see, Ogres are like onions....

posted on May, 22 2003 @ 01:56 PM
link   
Quite the intersting discussion. On the one had it could be concidered that we as a species both exist and dont exist at the same time. When you start to look at things like photon interaction inside dna, how energy is transfured and other things along these lines. There is the possibilty we both exist and dont exist at the same time. Also one has to define time. That in and of it self is not somthing that can be readly identified. If I had to make a guess on it would say for lack of a better reason, Light=time. A photon could be nothing more then a energy signature traveling from one point to another carrying some kind of a message that we as people or a species dont understand yet. This isnt that far fetched especially when it comes to looking at just the life on this planet. I remember a artical that came out some time ago that scientists had been able to identify the center of a atom and what was contained there. It had stated that scientists had found light in the center. From what is understood about science so far just taking into concideration somthing like us as people. We find that everything in the body is linked to somekind of interaction between 2 substances or in some cases more. Most of the time however we also find that this takes place along the lines of some kind of energy transfure or a loss of energy creating some kind of change within the body. From the looks of it the same thing takes place in all life. When we look a just how the plant life on this planet lives and grows. Most of this is done threw the absorbtion of light for energy this takes place in plants. A prossess known as photosynthsis. This is not to say that the same thing couldnt take place with in us. As to what generates the creation of energy that can be argured as well. Sometimes energy is created by a cadilst reaction causing a heat reaction in some cases its different. But almost always when it comes to energy generation it stems from some kind of positive and or negitive reaction. If this doenst take place. There is one other thing to look at as to how something like that atom might generate light although it is speculation. We know from looking at what we have so far about the Universe and the things that live on this planet that everything seems to have a relitivity spin. Motion also creates energy both seen and not see. It is possible to assume that relitivity has somthing to do with the creation of white light energy. As to how the atom it self knows how to combine itself naturaly in nature.

We may never know.

We may both exist and not exist at the same time.

The way energy moves and the way we live are not that far apart. Just as energy goes and transfures itself from one place to another so do we. We as people that live on earth may be nothing more than some kind of container that is disigned for a purpose we will never understand.

Time will tell
No pun intended.

Falcon

posted on May, 22 2003 @ 01:57 PM
link   
Back to the issue at hand.

If we were merely reflections we would not have consciousness of self and surrounding.

Comparing the light of an extinct star that is still travelling through the universe to human existence is pretty trippy to say the least.

You asked for an opinion and there you have it, straight up and black with no lousy attempts at being a funny man.

posted on May, 22 2003 @ 02:35 PM
link   
Well I must say. Thomas U2U's me apologising (which I accepted) and we both agreed that I got the wrong end of the stick which is understandable as I don't know him.

Then I come on here and he's laying into to me. Why does the tone in your U2U not resemble the tone on this board. Again, it's because you wanna look cocky because you are cocky.

But anyway, I forgive you (smooch, smooch) and lets just drop it.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join