It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are we all dead already?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
Goy

posted on May, 17 2003 @ 01:05 PM
link   
I was engaged in a conversation with a pyschic the other day, and we got onto the subject of life after death.
She then began explaining how because we can see stars which are dead because their light takes so long to get here, maybe it could be true of our planet and our lives.
Is it possible that we are an echo of ourselves long gone spread across time.

Do you lot have an opinion on this?

posted on May, 17 2003 @ 01:10 PM
link   
What is it about people coming in here, puffing and not giving? Stoners should not have conversations with sober people.

Do you feel like a shadow or a reflection of something already happened or do you think and feel like the current event.

If you're a reflection, sit down on the sidewalk and don't worry about it as it makes no difference. If you are wrong, you'll eventually get hungry. If that happens, go eat and get on with life.

posted on May, 17 2003 @ 01:14 PM
link   
I definately think there is some truth to what you are asking..I have no way to explain what I think by typing..I can explain it 'talking' to someone but not typing..as I'm sure it wouldn't come across how I 'actually' feel about space and time-
But yes I feel she was somewhat right..
Magestica

PS)Welcome aboard

*OH and for the record *cough* TC..I no smoka the gonja

[Edited on 5/17/03 by magestica]

posted on May, 17 2003 @ 01:20 PM
link   
Maj, if you believe you are merely an echo of the past, you don't smoke anymore than Clinton did, or does.

And that is the danger in it nowadays. The chemical pesticides and herbacides are increasing the dangers of bud.

Goy

posted on May, 17 2003 @ 01:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thomas Crowne
What is it about people coming in here, puffing and not giving? Stoners should not have conversations with sober people.

Do you feel like a shadow or a reflection of something already happened or do you think and feel like the current event.

If you're a reflection, sit down on the sidewalk and don't
worry about it as it makes no difference. If you are wrong, you'll eventually get hungry. If that happens, go eat and get on with life.

Wow! chill out man, I don't actually believe this, but it's an interesting thought. Seeing how this is a DISCUSSION forum I thought I'd ask for peoples opinions. Are you hostile or what? And no, I don't smoke pot (although it sounds like you could do with some).

posted on May, 17 2003 @ 01:22 PM
link   
Three purposes for the return of souls to this world : To collect into the soul the properties of all being , to acquire knowledge of all things , to acquire the power to overcome chaos.

Three things which strengthen a person to stand against the whole world: Seeing the quality and beauty of truth; seeing beneath the cloak of falsehood; and seeing to what ends truth and falsehood come.

We who have been born before are echoes of our former selves. As an echo is representant of its self, so too are we, but as echoes of our grandparents and thier ancestors. If you don't beleave it, try and remember who and where your leinage is. I can tell you as for me mine runs deeply, as my blood is strong with my ancestors. So I agree yes,

"Is it possible that we are an echo of ourselves long gone spread across time."

[Edited on 17-5-2003 by ADVISOR]

posted on May, 17 2003 @ 01:38 PM
link   
Like I said I don't do drugs..and I don't think we are 'not' here or anything..just think time is not what we *think* it is..Like I said too difficult to explain, I think Advisor did a good job of explaining

And Thomas my dear~Life is not all about the ground that you stand on...sometimes you just have to look further 'into' it..sounds like you need a little one on one with the dream queen

Mag

posted on May, 17 2003 @ 01:43 PM
link   
He's just going through PMS.

posted on May, 17 2003 @ 01:48 PM
link   
*sounds like he needs to share a fantasy or two in the fantasy thread*

Mag~

posted on May, 17 2003 @ 03:39 PM
link   
yea TC has been a little on the defensive lately

posted on May, 17 2003 @ 04:06 PM
link   
How about a nice, "welcome to ATS" for Goy!

posted on May, 17 2003 @ 04:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by abstract_alao
yea TC has been a little on the defensive lately

TC on the defensive? You surely must be mistaking him for another member.
TC shoots straight from the hip.

Regarding the thread, my opinion is simply no, I dont think we're dead already, but its an interesting thought.

Welcome to ATS Goy!

posted on May, 17 2003 @ 04:22 PM
link   
it simply changes form and/or location.

We are not "dead" as the death can be said to be a particular form our energy (or soul) takes from time to time. If you are reading this right now...chances are, your energy isn't in that particular form right now...

Goy

posted on May, 17 2003 @ 06:00 PM
link   
Thanks for the welcome people.

posted on May, 17 2003 @ 06:25 PM
link   
haven't posted or logged on in months... but check the board out occasionally.. anyway.. i think about this subject sometimes and i guess the question i have is - if i'm dead, then why do i have to care about stuff like being on time or making money and working.. the daily grind stuff....? so, that could be a conspiracy in itself....

posted on May, 22 2003 @ 10:11 AM
link   
If you were dead, you wouldn't be sat at a keyboard typing. I know what constitues a dead person. This viewpoint is particularly insulting and offensive, and where you got it from I don't know.

posted on May, 22 2003 @ 10:19 AM
link   
I have had thoughts like this before.Are we dead and just don't know it.Or are we just living someone else's dream,when they wake up were gone.But I think I have a sure fire way to tell if your dead or not,slam your head on your desk,if you feel it,your still alive my friend.

TC,LMAO.

posted on May, 22 2003 @ 10:27 AM
link   
Exactly. If you can breathe or think or whatever, you're not dead. Living someone elses dream, waking death, what a load of crap. Sounds like anyone who can't accept there life the way it is without wondering if there's some kind of matrix style control of the mind involved has some serious mental problems.

Goy

posted on May, 22 2003 @ 10:53 AM
link   
Oisin and nyeff,

I don't think you understand what I am trying to say so I'll try again.

Light from a star takes thousands of years to get to our planet, so the same could be said for all life on this planet. What I am saying is that it is possible that Everything on our planet has already happened thousands of years ago, but we are the information that is already light years through space, kind of like time travel if you know what I mean?

Our actual planet may be thousands of years ahead, or even gone, from where we are now. I do not mean we here right now are actual dead.

I a lifeform was looking at our planet from their solar system they would be seeing things that are actually already thousands of light years old. So are we the information that is just reaching that point?

I hope this is clearer.

And Oison, the fact that you find this insulting and offensive is really odd, you have obviously never been properly insulted (like say if someone was to call you say, a**hole or D*ckhead, moron or idiot).
Would being called one of these things be the equivelent in your life as the same as your mother being anally violated or something?
If you think what I said was offensive, then you've obviously never been in the real world.

anyway Oison, IT'S A DISCUSSION FORUM! GET IT?

posted on May, 22 2003 @ 11:12 AM
link   
Well since this all speculation I'm game.
I still don't think we would be dead by the time they got information on us.A planet may be thousands of light years away,but once you focus a telescope on it you are watching what is happing now.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join