It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Human Race Is Dying: DNA Degeneration

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 02:16 AM
link   

The human race is dying. It certainly won’t happen this year or even this decade, but the steady degeneration of human DNA would eventually lead to the total extinction of humanity given enough time. The reason that we are heading toward extinction is the increasing number of mutations that are being passed down from generation to generation.

According to Dr. John Sanford of Cornell University, every one of us already carries tens of thousands of harmful mutations, and each of us will pass on approximately 100 new mutations to future generations. Humanity is degenerating at an accelerating pace, and at some point the number of mutations will become so great that we will no longer be able to produce viable offspring.

This is not going to happen in the immediate future, but already signs of DNA degeneration are all around us. Despite all of our advanced technology, genetically-related diseases are absolutely exploding. Our bodies are weak and frail, and with each passing generation it is getting even worse.

Most people don’t understand this. Most average people on the street just assume that the human race will be able to go on indefinitely.

But the geneticists that carefully study these things understand this stuff. Each generation is successively becoming more “mutant”, and if given a long enough period of time it would mean our end. Dr. Sanford puts it this way…

“We are a perishing people living in a dying world.”

In school and in the movies, we are taught that mutants are “cool” and that mutations can be a very good thing. But that simply is not solid science. The following is how Alex Williams describes the incredibly damaging role that mutations play in our biology…

However, directly contradicting mutation’s central role in life’s diversity, we have seen growing experimental evidence that mutations destroy life. In medical circles, mutations are universally regarded as deleterious. They are a fundamental cause of ageing, cancer and infectious diseases.

Even among evolutionary apologists who search for examples of mutations that are beneficial, the best they can do is to cite damaging mutations that have beneficial side effects (e.g. sickle-cell trait, a 32-base-pair deletion in a human chromosome that confers HIV resistance to homozygotes and delays AIDS onset in heterozygotes, CCR5–delta32 mutation, animal melanism, and stickleback pelvic spine suppression). Such results are not at all surprising in the light of the discovery that DNA undergoes up to a million damage and repair events per cell per day.
So no, we are not going to “evolve” into bigger and better creatures. Instead, the human race is steadily breaking down and our time is running out.

This is how Alex Williams puts it…

“Like rust eating away the steel in a bridge, mutations are eating away our genomes and there is nothing we can do to stop them.”

Source< br />
The quote above is right “We are a perishing people living in a dying world.”
Because we don't live the way it was intended and everything in and around our lives is synthetic. Plus all those GMO's won't be helping anything, even the air we breathe isn't doing us any favours in the long run.

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 02:34 AM
link   

“We are a perishing people living in a dying world.”

i Agree with you!
this world is dying..and before human extinct naturaly by DNA..earth it self already destroyed by Human..

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 03:04 AM
link   
reply to post by sarahlm

Genetic mutations are the drivers of evolution. The human race may be changing (at an extremely slow rate, for a large population evolution is barely noticeable) but I doubt this is a bad thing.

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 03:12 AM
link   
Taking into consideration, the amount of "pollution" both those done intentionally and those done otherwise, is it any wonder?
The world is changing, we can't keep on changing the environment to suit us (unless we eventually build a dome). So we either change (evolve) which these mutations may actually help with, or we die out simple.

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 04:03 AM
link   
reply to post by sarahlm

we are all terminally ill. lump it or like it. from the day we are conceived we are from that point dying... right throughout our childhood and teenage years to adulthood, all along and in between that, we are dying.. everyday closer by a day to our death day... no matter who you are or what you have, you are no exception and no matter how high ranking your friends or family are, you are no exception... the one true never failing always truly 100% reliablity is the fact you me all current persons on this planet with the exception of just a small few, all will be gone and replaced by a whole new earth population in 100 years, 50years will see a lot of who ou know now gone. 25 years will see a good many of who you know now gone too.15 , 10 , 5 its fast. we come and we go..

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 04:06 AM
link   
So... each generation results in hundreds of new mutations, some of which cause negative side effects/death, some of which go unnoticed and some which turn out beneficial (weird mutation that makes you immune against a certain disease for example). Er.... that... sounds an awful lot like evolution rather than extinction... on top of that the worlds population is continuing to grow... sorry but I'm failing to see what there is to be worried about here..

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 08:34 AM
link   
reply to post by sarahlm

We sure hear a lot of talk about overpopulating the planet for a race that someone claims is dying...the facts don't support that claim.

However there have been changes in the way we evolve, or don't evolve in the developed world. I think evolution is still occuring in undeveloped parts of the world, but it can be argued that it may have drastically slowed or stopped in the developed world. This article makes some interesting points, which are summarized in the following quote:

The End of Evolution

when we look at the three factors needed for evolution – variation between people, selection pressure via differences in death rates, numbers of offspring and geographic isolation – we see that, for the time being, they have largely disappeared. For humans, evolution has lost its power.

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 08:17 AM
link   
I totally agree with you and that is how we will become aliens lol.

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 02:12 PM
link   
It doesn't seem people get what it means. Random mutations are rarely good if you have had biology. Read the whole article it states this.

You may have heard about "brute and shortish life" in prehistory, well it's a myth because people who managed to survive childhood could actually become quite old back in the day. But in older times, most new borns died, infant mortality was very high.

Nowadays infant mortality is rather low. Most people manage to reproduce. There's less selection and thus negative mutations manage to stay within the population and build up. We also have quite some chemicals in our environment, air and drinking water who might do their share.

This isn't a invitation for Social-Darwinism and eugenics. Nobody can decide if something is fit or not, that's up to the environment. Besides it's amoral. Don't go there.

What I think will happen? We will have a population that will become weaker and weaker, eventually this will mean a lot of people might die. Some however will survive.

I always wondered what side effect the health industry would have, I guess this is my answer. I think we should learn to see death as a natural progress instead of fighting it. Sure, ask me that again if I have a daughter in the future who might die because of a genetic defect. I know it's not easy.

Now what can you do? Try to life healthy is all I can think of and pass that on to your children.

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 05:02 AM
link   
The obvious solution to this is genetic engineering. It is inescapable.
edit on 30/8/13 by C0bzz because: (no reason given)

top topics

join