It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Interview With Syrian President al-Assad

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 12:50 AM
link   
Hat tip to xavi1000 for posting this on another thread:

Just Breaking on CNN, Strike on Syria Within Hours Without Congressional Approval

I thought it should have a thread of its own so more people could see it.

Here is a link for the interview:

"President al-Assad: “Syria will Never become a Western Puppet State”
Global Research, August 26, 2013

www.globalresearch.ca...

I just don't see how anyone, whether they personally admire or loathe (or neither), agree or disagree with Assad - can fail to see the truth of his words.

Here are a couple excerpts:

Q4 Interviewer: The Syrian government claims a strong link between Israel and the terrorists. How can you explain this? It is commonly perceived that the extremist Islamists loathe Israel and become hysterical upon hearing its name.

President al-Assad: If this was the case, why is it then that when we strike the terrorists at the frontier, Israel strikes at our forces to alleviate the pressure off of them? Why, when we blockade them into an area does Israel let them through their barricades so they can come round and re-attack from another direction? Why has Israel carried out direct strikes against the Syrian Army on more than one occasion in recent months? So clearly this perception is inaccurate. It is Israel who has publically declared its cooperation with these terrorists and treated them in Israeli hospitals.

If these terrorist groups were indeed hostile to Israel and hysterical even on the mention of the word as you mention, why have they fought the Soviet Union, Syria and Egypt, whilst never carrying out a single strike against Israel? Who originally created these terrorist groups? These groups were initially created in the early 80’s by the United States and the West, with Saudi funding, to fight the Soviet Union in Afghanistan. So logically speaking, how could such groups manufactured by the US and the West ever strike Israel!

Q5 Interviewer: Mr. President, this interview will be translated into several international languages, and shall be read by world leaders, some who may currently be working against you. What would you like to say to them?

President al-Assad: Today there are many Western politicians, but very few statesmen. Some of these politicians do not read history or even learn from it, whilst others do not even remember recent events. Have these politicians learned any lessons from the past 50 years at least? Have they not realised that since the Vietnam War, all the wars their predecessors have waged have failed? Have they not learned that they have gained nothing from these wars but the destruction of the countries they fought, which has had a destabilising effect on the Middle East and other parts of the world? Have they not comprehended that all of these wars have not made people in the region appreciate them or believe in their policies?

From another perspective, these politicians should know that terrorism is not a winning card you play when it suits you and keep it in your pocket when it doesn’t. Terrorism is like a scorpion; it can unexpectedly sting you at any time. Therefore, you cannot support terrorism in Syria whilst fighting it in Mali; you cannot support terrorism in Chechnya and fight it in Afghanistan.

To be very precise, I am referring to the West and not all world leaders, if these western leaders are looking to achieve their interests, they need to listen to their own constituents and to the people in this region rather than seeking to install ‘puppet’ leaders, in the hope that they would be able to deliver their objectives. In doing so, western policy may become more realistic in the region.

Our message to the world is straightforward: Syria will never become a Western ‘puppet’ state. We are an independent country; we will fight terrorism and we will freely build relationships with countries in a way that best serves the interests of the Syrian people.

I am so sick of our lying, psychopathic leaders and the lying sycophantic scum that is our media. They should all be charged with war crimes - especially and including the media.

"The general population doesn’t know what’s happening, and it doesn’t even know that it doesn’t know."
Noam Chomsky

And it's worse than that - worse than being uninformed, we are continually and constantly misinformed.

A lot of people seem to think that not only would bombing Syria be the "right" thing to do - "Humanitarian Intervention" is what we now call it, but "Illegal Invasion" is what it is - BUT, they imagine somehow that the people in Syria would thank us for this. That "we" should be ashamed of ourselves, of our leaders, for not having "intervened" sooner...

I came across this in a book recently (Killing Time by Caleb Carr), which really stood out, and is appropriate here:

....I thought this a place where I might be at least marginally sure that the human behavior around me was not being manipulated by the unseen hands of those who, through mastery of the wondrous yet sinister technologies of our "information age" have obliterated the line between truth and fiction, between reality and a terrifying world in which one's eyes, ears, and heart can no longer be trusted. ...
...information, he insists, is not knowledge. The lessons passed on from one's elders, taught by the wisest of them but recorded only in the mind, these, Dugumbe has always said, represent true knowledge. The media I've mentioned can only divert a man from such wisdom and enslave him to what Dugumbe calls the worst of all devils: confusion. ...

...For it is the greatest truth of our age: information is not knowledge.

(bold by me)

edit on 27-8-2013 by curiouscanadian777 because: correction

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 04:05 AM
link   
reply to post by curiouscanadian777

Good thread. I dont pretend to know what life is like in Syria, meaning the relationship between the government and the people, nor do I know if Assad is a good person. What I do know is I agreed with everything he said. The U.S. is going on a destabilization campaign throughout the world "helping" everyone else while pissing on those of us at home.

I agree with your observation that we have a scum ridden criminal government that is no longer for the people.

Unfortunately the US will go in, ruin another country, bankers and corporate interests will celebrate their victory swimming in pools of money, and dear leader chariman Maobama will claim we "saved" the world from a "tyrannical dictator" who oppressed his people, and now the Syrians should thank the US by letting the Rockefellers put a bank there.

(Sarcasm of course, but sadly not that far off)

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 02:37 PM
link   
if thay do decide to bomb syria, and remove assad who will replace him? i think that the syrian situation has not been thought through very much. also why is isreal stepping up there defences? are thay looking for an excuse for a piece of the action?
edit on 11/5/2013 by theman1111 because: spelling mistake

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 04:03 AM
link   
The majority on ATS know Assad is just another scapegoat boogey man, the ones that dont argue for the western oppressors.

We have not forgot Kosovo, Iraq , Afghanistan or Lybia. Same MO everytime.

Stop wasting time preaching to the choir and get out on the street!

top topics

join