posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 11:48 PM
reply to post by Krakatoa
The penetration of silver nanoparticles is dangerous to consumers because they have the ability to relocate in the human body after digestion,"
Lin said. "Therefore, smaller nanoparticles may be more harmful to consumers than larger counterparts."
When ingested, nanoparticles pass into the blood and lymph system, circulate through the body and reach potentially sensitive sites such as the
spleen, brain, liver and heart.
I am sure we can handle some of this in our system, and have probably already ingested more than we would like to think, but it seems we may want to
watch our intake us this stuff. Labels maybe? Or just assume?
The growing trend to use other types of nanoparticles has revolutionized the food industry by enhancing flavors, improving supplement delivery,
keeping food fresh longer and brightening the colors of food. However, researchers worry that the use of silver nanoparticles could harm the human
Sounds like there are a lot of reasons the industries use this technique, as well as over a thousand products. So will we naturally start being more
exposed to it, via food? If it doesn't easily wash off, and penetrates the surface, then we could be ingesting too much of this stuff in the future.
But our fruit will look prettier..
For example, farmers have used silver nanoparticles as a pesticide because of their capability to suppress the growth of harmful
What about healthy organisms, like us?
edit on 26-8-2013 by speculativeoptimist because: (no reason given)