It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My friend just took half a bottle of Tylenol

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 11:56 PM
link   
Alright... my fiance is currently staying with this friend

I just called his house again, but instead of a silent answer, then a hang up, like the previous attempts, it rang and rang and rang... meaning my fiance is not in the house (he sleeps next to the phone), and no one is home.

They're both at the hospital right now. My fiance went with him.

Thank God...

I hope they fix him

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 11:57 PM
link   
reply to post by NarcolepticBuddha

Lets see, friend called EMS, don't know where he is posting from, maybe home, maybe anticipating a local hospital, or maybe the wrong hospital. Probably doesn't know what hospital yet so has to wait for check in to call around and go with him. If OP lives a long way, EMS would have taken him away before he got there.

And Hey, people in the OP's situation need comfort too, so they turn to the only people they know, ATS.

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 12:00 AM
link   
reply to post by XxNightAngelusxX

Take a deep breath and relax a moment. Don't let someone on ATS upset you more than you already are.

At the moment there is nothing you can do at the hospital anyway so take this time to get yourself together and just be ready when the time is right.

And to the ATS crowd...If you don't have anything positive and supportive to give the OP it would probably be best to just not say anything at all. I understand all about "free speech" and all of that but some of you are the most insensitive people I have ever seen in my entire 56 years on this godforsaken planet.

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 12:01 AM
link   
I understand you're upset but that's the second time you have lashed out at other posters. Try and get calm and remember...This too shall pass. If you post stuff like this you're going to get others trying to help in their own way whether you can deal with it at present or not.

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 12:28 AM
link   
Update... apparently my fiance was still at the house.

My fiance, the hero. I'm so proud of him.

He called me back just seconds after my previous reply, and informed me that the Tylenol is no longer in my friend's system. My fiance dragged him to the bathroom and forced him to vomit every ounce of his stomach contents.

God, I wanna give him a spine-snapping hug right now!!! I love him so much!!!

Truly a hero!!!

Now, my friend is at the hospital, awaiting the verdict. He should be alright now, though.

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 12:32 AM
link   

I'm glad to hear it
Please make sure your friend knows how loved he truly is. God bless and take care of each other

..and I'm not as black-hearted as people think. I just know that what helped me in similar situations was to have my friend at my side (or to be at a friend's side.) There is no better support than that.

edit on 27-8-2013 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 12:36 AM
link   
Everyone;

And Hey, people in the OP's situation need comfort too, so they turn to the only people they know, ATS.

Yeah... sums me up pretty good. Thanks a lot for your replies

Just balled my eyes out like a baby... damn, it takes a lot to make me cry usually

And also, I'm a female.

Take a deep breath and relax a moment. Don't let someone on ATS upset you more than you already are.

Noted... I'm calm now

Thanks for the support

I'm sorry for coming off so abrasive, lol

I understand you're upset but that's the second time you have lashed out at other posters. Try and get calm and remember...This too shall pass. If you post stuff like this you're going to get others trying to help in their own way whether you can deal with it at present or not.

Yeah...

Except the first member I "lashed out" on read the title of the thread, then assumed I'd be so stupid as to run to ATS before calling an ambulance
... the second one was being a judgmental douche. And forgive me, I'm not exactly in my happy place right now.

But I'm trying... kinda got it out of my system a minute ago.

And I'm kinda starting to think I need new friends.

I love them dearly, but after the amount of death I've dealt with, I'm tired.

I'm very, very tired.

This isn't the first person who's done this, and this isn't the first TIME this particular person has done it. Another close friend of mine tried to kill herself a little less than a year ago, and she full-on attacked me for trying to stop her.

I don't understand how these people--people closer to me than anyone in my family, almost--can be so insensitive to the feelings of their friends, they'd put their loved ones through this. This is unbearable. I can't stand seeing death anymore.

I love them too much to watch this... God, I dunno what to do.

Ugh... it'll pass I guess.

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 12:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by NarcolepticBuddha

I'm glad to hear it
Please make sure your friend knows how loved he truly is. God bless and take care of each other

..and I'm not as black-hearted as people think. I just know that what helped me in similar situations was to have my friend at my side (or to be at a friend's side.) There is no better support than that.

edit on 27-8-2013 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

My fiance is closer to him than me at the moment...

Which is good. He induced that vomiting... that couldn't have been pleasant.

Starting to think my fiance and his other friends will do him fine.

I'm in turmoil here, I can't watch them do this anymore.

Falling apart here again... damn, thought I was done crying.

Gotta get it out... ehhhh I hate this

He doesn't care how loved he is, nothing is enough

God I'm tired of them doing this.

I am SO tired.

I need to do something about it, but dunno what to do, then, at a certain point, there's nothing I CAN do, because it all comes down to them, their choice, and how much they value their lives, and how much they care about the folks around them. Which, obviously, explains itself here.

And also, Narco, sorry for snapping.

I'm clearing my head at the moment

edit on 27-8-2013 by XxNightAngelusxX because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 12:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by XxNightAngelusxX
And also, Narco, sorry for snapping.

It's not necessary, but thank you. In my clumsy attempt to be pragmatic and realistic, I can very easily become abrasive and unfeeling at the same time.

I'm sorry for posting in the glib way that I did.

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 12:53 AM
link   
Tylenol is a silent killer. Completely painless initially, slowly killing the liver.
Half a bottle, depending upon the strength, can do damage.
Tylenol is metabolized in the liver. This is the problem.
Eating something doesn't soak it up, it just all goes into the blood stream and to the liver.
Once it's in the liver, it's hard to reverse the proces.

You essentially go into full liver failure, and it can happen a lot quicker than 8 hours.
I've seen some bad stuff four hours into it. They do major liver and damage, which can heal to a degree, in time, but it can lead to fatty liver down the road.

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 01:23 AM
link   
Hey, I hope your friend is okay.

"I don't understand how these people--people closer to me than anyone in my family, almost--can be so insensitive to the feelings of their friends, they'd put their loved ones through this. This is unbearable. I can't stand seeing death anymore."

I understand that, and you absolutely have to do what's right for you, in that spending less time around them might be the tough choice that you may need to make in order to make sure that YOU'RE okay. I completely understand and support that.

However, I will say this - suicide is a very complex thing, and people do it, or attempt it for many reasons. It comes off as selfish to the people around them, or left behind (and maybe sometimes it is; and of course there are people who use this to manipulate other people), but in a lot of cases, I would think most cases, the persons brain has stopped being their friend. It has stopped being rational. It has stopped being able to process what the outcome will be to others. Sometimes it can seem (to them) that they are actually doing their loved ones a favour by ending the turmoil and burden that they (may) perceive themselves to be. (Sure, they'll be upset and sad for awhile, but it can/may seem kinder to cut the process short, than dragging it on for years.) Again, this is not rational.

Maybe do some research into it so you can understand where they are coming from, even if you choose to move out of their lives. Or not. But, I hope you can forgive them, anyway. They are literally not in their right mind.

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 03:27 AM
link   
I'm so sorry you have to deal with friends who want to take their own lives. It is surely frustrating and so very sad. Just came to give a hug.

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 03:30 AM
link   
reply to post by curiouscanadian777

They are literally not in their right mind.

I understand you here.

As many people close to me who have tried to kill themselves--some of them right in font of me--I'm sick. I feel physically sick right now thinking about it. It seems like every time I dare to get close to someone, they become suicidal. Maybe its me. I dunno.

Beginning to think they can see how much people care, and they do things like this in order to abrorb attention, exploiting the care of their loved ones, intentionally screwing with their heads and making them cry their eyes out all night. Just a reminder that they're cared for.

I can't take that anymore.

If they can all see HOW much I care about them, and they pull this stuff anyway, they ARE being selfish. And they're manipulating everyone around them out of their own depression and self-doubt. Well, you know what? When I saw my first fresh dead body at age nine, I had to get over it. When I got into countless physical confrontations with my stepmom, I had to get over it. I didn't have anyone to "stop" me if I decided to hurt myself. No one gave a damn.

They really ought not to take my caring for them for granted.

And all night, I haven't been able to sleep, and I'm seriously considering cutting everyone else off for good. I am extremely tired of this. This tears me to pieces, every time it happens... oh, but that doesn't matter. All your loved ones be damned, I guess. If you want to kill yourself, kill yourself.

Yeah, I've pretty much decided. No more friends.

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 03:42 AM
link   
Its good you rang an ambulance ..
To better help you should take a few deep breaths .. calm yourself .. panicing wont help you or your friend ..
sometimes the pain of living goes beyond what people can bear leading them to seek suicide as a solution to it .. even with friends life can get too painful for some ..
be strong and continue to be there for your friend .. now more than ever he needs all the support he can get... listen , talk .. but dont condemn or criticise his choice ..

lit joss sticks and asked the buddha's watch over you and your friend .. it will be a tough time for both of you for awhile ..

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 03:53 AM
link   
Its not you. Never give up on friends or having friends.
Theres times where people get too overwhelmed and see no way out other than dying .. lost many friends over the years and several to suicide .. am 70 now and still trying think at times if there wasnt more could have done .. but in the end no matter how much we help and how much we care the choice ultimately is theirs to make..
dont beat yourself up and dont give up on people ..
edit on 27/8/13 by Expat888 because: error attempting quote ..

edit on 27/8/13 by Expat888 because: (no reason given)

edit on 27/8/13 by Expat888 because: .. attempted quote .. didnt work..

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 04:33 AM
link   

I'm not stupid. Jesus Christ. GET A CLUE.

Better hide the potato peelers too, he sounds seriuos.

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 04:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by NarcolepticBuddha
reply to post by superman2012

I'm sure her friend will appreciate how many posts she made on ATS about the whole thing instead of going to be with him in the hospital. What else are friends for?

You know what?

Get Over Yourself

You don't think I'm calling everyone's phone off the hook???

You don't know a DAMN THING about this

You have no right to pass judgment. Get. Over. Yourself.

Oh ffs..

You're really ..

ignore.

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 04:56 AM
link   

My friend just took half a bottle of Tylenol, page 1
Sorry,but I don't believe you.

Because it cannot happen as happening,to someone full of drama happenings.

It's just the search for something.

I am a fine psychologist to know what is true and what it is not.

Plus of this the instigation to suicidal acts it's punishable by law.

So,in reality nothing has happened.

edit on 27-8-2013 by piequal3because14 because: a

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 05:08 AM
link   

Oh...I hope your friend made it..you should slap him for what he put you through..It's not right how one can turmoil a mind...big hug,stay safe,

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 05:37 AM
link   
Everyone;

Better hide the potato peelers too, he sounds seriuos.

You're damn right I am. And I'm not a "he"

Oh ffs..

You're really ..

ignore.

No one cares what you think.

Sorry,but I don't believe you.

Because it cannot happen as happening,to someone full of drama happenings.

It's just the search for something.

I am fine psychologist to know what is true and what it is not.

Plus of this the instigation to suicidal acts it's punishable by law.

So,in reality nothing has happened.

How can you be a psychologist when you obviously never even finished your language arts class?

Some of you trolls infuriate me.

This is why I give up on people, right here.

You're pathetic.

I can't say anymore, or I'll get banned...

But you're completely, undeniably WRONG.

Like I said. Get over yourselves.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join