It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Declassified CIA Documents: America Knowingly Aided Saddam's Chemical War Against Iran

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 11:15 PM
link   
Recently declassified CIA documents have come to light showing that the United States knowingly cooperated with Saddam Hussein in chemical attacks carried out against the Iranians during the Iran/Iraq war.

I know that when America participates in atrocities it is not the same as when other people participate in atrocities, but the incidents of cooperation with Saddam Hussein are worth keeping in mind as American officials wax eloquent about humanity, human values and the need to put a stop to atrocious behavior.

www.foreignpolicy.com...

The leaked documents are on page 4 of the above linked article:

www.foreignpolicy.com...,3
edit on 26-8-2013 by ipsedixit because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 12:06 AM
link   
Yeah and now they are in Syria:thinkprogress.org...
Gen MacInernie said russia took them out before we attacked,but Bush didn't say a thing.

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 02:14 AM
link   
THIS is ridiculous people need to wake the f*** up to whats going on with our (US) government. Hopefully enough people real see this and at least make them skeptical about the chemical weapons attacks in Syria. The last of my faith is placed in the american public refusing to go to another bull# war...but I'm, and probably majority of ATS members, are unfortunately awaiting another disappointment.

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 03:53 AM
link   
reply to post by ipsedixit

Get a load of this. Guy's name is John Perkins.

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 06:59 AM
link   
Revelations of America's role in the build up and even the deployment of chemical weapons by Saddam's Iraq and the revelations of the roles played by European corporations and governments in that same endeavour only go to show the fraudulent nature of the rhetoric currently being employed by the collection of foreign policy card sharps and double dealers led by US Secretary of State, John Kerry and including whatever gas bag of the month is speaking for France and the UK and my own country, "America's mini-me", Canada.

Without doubt, the moral high ground on this very morally swampy terrain is held by the Syrian government, who have the misfortune to be parked on the road to Iran, the long time target of US corporate and geo-strategic interests.

The current press palaver about chemical weapons attacks is just window dressing designed to fool the squares.

It wouldn't matter if Syria were run by the Franciscan monks and were famous for honey, unleavened bread and straight A students. American geo-political imperatives dictate that it will be crushed.

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 12:50 AM
link   
To most people this is just another "Conspiracy Theory" despite the fact the documents confirm it.I wonder where exactly most of these nations get their chemical weapons programs started?

posted on Nov, 16 2013 @ 04:18 AM
link   
reply to post by ipsedixit

5 flags? Amazing! Do you know I was never aware of this until I found the article just now? Since Foreign Policy is a paid site that you have to register for, although you get to view 8 articles free per month, few will go and take a look at the evidence and article. So I bring the evidence to you.

The U.S. government may be considering military action in response to chemical strikes near Damascus. But a generation ago, America's military and intelligence communities knew about and did nothing to stop a series of nerve gas attacks far more devastating than anything Syria has seen, Foreign Policy has learned.

In 1988, during the waning days of Iraq's war with Iran, the United States learned through satellite imagery that Iran was about to gain a major strategic advantage by exploiting a hole in Iraqi defenses. U.S. intelligence officials conveyed the location of the Iranian troops to Iraq, fully aware that Hussein's military would attack with chemical weapons, including sarin, a lethal nerve agent.

Top Secret CIA Documents: Intelligence Assessment of Iraqi Chemical Weapons Program

Top Scret CIA Documents: Iran's Likely Reaction to Iraqi Use of Chemical Weapons

Top Secret CIA Documents: Memo Predicts Use of Nerve Agents

Top Secret CIA Documents: CIA Predicts Widespread Use of Mustard Agents and Use of Nerve Agent by Late Summer

Top Secret CIA Documents: CIA Confirms Iraq Used Nerve Agent

Top Secret CIA Documents: Note on Chemical Weapons Proliferation and Posisble Consequences

edit on 16-11-2013 by elouina because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2013 @ 09:46 AM
link   
reply to post by elouina

This is really, I'm mean "really," old news. Although it doesn't "really" surprise me to find out that many people, especially right-wingers, were completely unaware of this little factoid.

Not only were we, (the U.S.A.) aware of Iraq's chemical attacks against Iran, we were complicit. Hell, we're the ones who sold them the chemical weapons.

Don't you remember all the photos of Rumsfeld and Cheney chumming up to Saddam back during the Iraq/Iran war?

Or how about during the lead up to Bush 43's Iraq war when his administration stated they knew for a fact that Saddam had chemical weapons and the joke was; "Of course they do, we still have the receipts!"

Or how about the tell all book published in 2004, "Confessions of an Economic Hit Man" by John Perkins?

In his book, Perkins explains a whole host of covert evil deeds carried out by our government, usually done to serve the corporate interests that actually hold the reigns of power in this country. These are the type of things they do in our name and it's the primary cause of anti-USA sentiment across the globe.

Anyone who reads his book quickly comes to the realization that our only hope of regaining a government that's truly representative of it's people, must be predicated by the complete removal of corporate influence in D.C..

posted on Nov, 16 2013 @ 12:43 PM
link   
We condemn the Nazis for the holocaust yet here is proof the US was doing the very same thing.
Our supposed moral high ground is an imaginary pedestal we like to sit and crow loudly from.
Even though we knew we would be found out it was determined that international outrage would be "muted".
That sums up our international sense of morality quite nicely I think.
Might have even been former Nazi scientists that cooked up that particular batch, who knows?
Does this mean "Democracy" is really a code word for chemical warfare?

posted on Nov, 21 2013 @ 08:45 PM
link   
reply to post by HaraNarada

We don't HAVE to look for another war we are plugged into Afghanistan for another 10 years.

top topics

join