It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Would you call this Awesome?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 08:47 PM
link   
Let me ask you all (those who are cable subscribers) I think you'll know which giant monopoly of a cable company I'm talking about when I say Awesome. I live in the Southeast area of the country.

I hardly find their service awesome, most unfortunate we live in an apartment complex whose owners do not like the sight of a sattelite dish.
(more likely they have a "special deal/kickback with Awesome
so we're stuck with Awesome.

This service rain or sunshine either pixellates, goes out entirely off and on at any given time despite the services constant bombardment of commercials guaranteeing the exact opposite of said situation happening in otherwords: Awesome. First question: Does anyone who has Awesome have this problem?

Secondly another question: Tonight was most strange Awsome's internet and cable went out at the same time (that is not the strange part) the strange part another phone monopoly service went "out" at the same time so I couldn't use Awesome's 800 number to find out what the problem was. Anyone else experience this 20 minute glitch? Solar flare effect or killswitch test?

Whatever, if we had a dollar for everytime we've had problems with Awesome for four years, it might at least pay off one months bill.
:
edit on 26-8-2013 by 1loserel2 because: add

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 08:56 PM
link   
reply to post by 1loserel2

In Texas we have Time Warner Awesome and it does the same things, when it goes out during inclement weather it's due to the exposed wire degrading over time. (or so they say....)

At my work and home my cable television and internet work through the same line so if one goes out it usually has an effect on the other.

Right now half the channels are missing because Time Warner Awesome is doing some sort of cable reset, fortunately internet has sped up but this isn't the first or last time this will happen.

It used to be worse, this would happen 30 minutes a day every single day.

edit: p.s. Look into fractal television antennaes, you may drop your cable provider after you see the surprisingly good results and channel variety.
edit on 26-8-2013 by Knives4eyes because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 09:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Knives4eyes

I'll try to check into the antennas sounds like a good idea, hopefully I could squeeze one in on the budget. Comcast does not have a good product either. Antenna would bring a relief to the budget. Thanx for the advice. Glad your service is improving a bit. We all pay big bucks for this.

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 07:35 AM
link   

Anyone else experience this 20 minute glitch? Solar flare effect or killswitch test?

I'm thinking solar flare effect. I don't subscribe to "Awesome", but when my digital cable was flashing on and off late last week, I was told that a large portion of my state (smack in the middle of the midwest) and a neighboring state were all experiencing problems.

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 12:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Deetermined

Your lucky in not subscribing to "Awesome" (isn't so "Awesome) & you're not missing much except high utility bills. (Have to pay for all those commercials telling us we have superior service don't you know?

It is more likely a solar flare, last week we had problems with At &t phone wouldn't receive or make phone calls but 45 minutes later back to normal. I know their were a few CME's around last week.

"Awesome" was pixallating alot last week, went down at least twice a day and had to refresh. I'm sure no one from "Awesome"or the other monopoly would tell us exactly what's going on and everytime we have to call "Awesome" for something, they want us to add the phone too, no way their product is too unstable.

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 02:32 PM
link   

This service rain or sunshine either pixellates, goes out entirely off and on at any given time despite the services constant bombardment of commercials guaranteeing the exact opposite of said situation happening in otherwords: Awesome.

Yep, and how about the Awesome price of cable/satellite service these days?
And what does a subscriber really get? About 10 channels worth watching and the rest garbage.

Biggest waste of money I can think of, which is why I canceled my service and just rely on Netflix and the internet for entertainment.

I think most people are so scared that they're gonna miss the latest crap TV show that they can't imagine life without cable.... Sad!

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 10:09 PM
link   
reply to post by DeReK DaRkLy

You're right there, unfortunate that I still have a tube tv.( and that TPTB saw fit to make HD mandatory, like they did away with our choice for light bulbs except for the more expensive kind of course) and just a little notebook computer, where the sound isn't that great.

Many's the weekend we sit flipping from one channel to the next to try to find a reasonable movie, and falling asleep to whatever piece of crap movie they're showing at the time. Most of these idiot cable stations are doing now is running continuous sitcoms never watched in the first place. I also "love" how AMC "connects to the movies we love", it couldn't be further from the truth the movies "they love to skip over and over and replay every 3 weeks" Good for them they have "The Walking Dead" probably whats keeping them going.

Aah to be able to get an HD tv/dvd player and ditch the cable. The prices are ridiculous to be presented with crap all the time.

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 11:03 PM
link   
google: Ch131 Between that and Pbay you can get nearly anything you want via the net. Save your money on cable, unless you like watching commericals.

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 07:26 PM
link   
reply to post by spartacus699

Thanks for the tip, will definately check out. By the way Hate watching commercials. More commercials = less movie.

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 07:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by spartacus699
google: Ch131 Between that and Pbay you can get nearly anything you want via the net. Save your money on cable, unless you like watching commericals.

Nice idea----unless you get "the net" over the cable. I have a dsl line that is supposed to travel at T-1 speed (1.544Mbps) and streaming at that speed is just painful.

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 08:14 PM
link   
Just a little point of perspective --

There are some of us that don't live in the U.S. who feel fortunate to be able to overpay for something that is decidedly less reliable than 'Awesome'. Of course, we also have the choice of watching nothing and saving a bucketload of money. "Awesome" isn't even an option here, since most U.S.-based cable/satellite companies don't do business out of the U.S., or if they do, it's via their twisted sister/third cousin site, which really seems to not care much about customer service.

It could be worse. You could be paying twice as much for half the service.

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 08:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by argentus
It could be worse. You could be paying twice as much for half the service.

Yeah, but on average I believe the US is far behind the rest of the world in terms of high speed Internet. At least that's what I keep being told.

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 12:14 PM
link   
reply to post by schuyler

Well the internet is supposed to be the fastest, unfortunate it's part of "Awesome" and goes out when "Awesome" .goes, so you can't prove it by me.
: "Awesome" went out again twice yesterday.
edit on 3-9-2013 by 1loserel2 because: add

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 12:18 PM
link   
reply to post by argentus

True, you have my sympathy.

Which is why when any of my friends and acquaintances, asks how things are going, I always answer, "could be better, could be worse."

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 12:24 PM
link   
people seem to complain about the most pathetic little things

top topics

join