It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Saddam's Chemical Attacks On Iran 'Aided By US'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 08:37 PM
link   

Saddam's Chemical Attacks On Iran 'Aided By US'

news.sky.com

Recently declassified CIA files show the US knew that Iraq was using chemical weapons in the 1980s, but did nothing to stop Saddam Hussein, a report says.

At one point during the Iran-Iraq war, the US even shared intelligence with Baghdad that it knew would lead to a chemical attack, Foreign Policy magazine claimed.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 08:37 PM
link   
Now normally this story would just be another example of the double standards employed by the CIA, but in light of the recent escalation in Syria it's a whole different ball game.

So the CIA even shared intelligence on an attack they knew would involve chemical weapons? Does anyone else think that just maybe the CIA shared intelligence again resulting in a chemical weapons attack?

I merely ask the question because as the say, whoever has the most to gain is usually the guilty party. Certainly makes more sense than the MSM official line.

news.sky.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 09:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Zcustosmorum

So , this is another example of good intentions and dedication to peace , love , justice and freedom

God bless America

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 09:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zcustosmorum
Recently declassified CIA files show the US knew that Iraq was using chemical weapons in the 1980s, but did nothing to stop Saddam Hussein, a report says.

Actually this has been known since even before the "coalition of the willing" invaded Iraq.
Which I've always felt was even more despicable. Not only did Bush continually use the poison gas as one of the main reasons to invade, everyone paying attention, even ordinary citizens like me, knew the excuse to be complete bullcrap.

Here's just one article of the period. New York times, August 2002:

OFFICERS SAY U.S. AIDED IRAQ IN WAR DESPITE USE OF GAS

Another former senior D.I.A. official who was an expert on the Iraqi military
said the Reagan administration's treatment of the issue -- publicly
condemning Iraq's use of gas while privately acquiescing in its employment
on the battlefield -- was an example of the ''Realpolitik'' of American
interests in the war.

link

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 09:44 PM
link   
Sorry I can't produce and KGB documents of the Iraq, Iran war, but it is a given that intelligence and support was given to Tehran.

What makes me say this ?

Funny you should ask.

As a 1980 CIA document put it, "The Soviets see Iran as a greater geopolitical prize than Iraq...while hoping to prevent an Iranian turn to the West and to improve their own relations with Tehran", the Soviets also value their ties with Iraq.[1]

Talk about playing both sides against the middle

Of course the Iran-Iraq war was a proxy war for the US and Russia so.

And chemical attacks during that war were aided by quite a few countries, including the US funny that 'article' seems to leave that out.

Ya know makes me wonder about the Iranian coup failure, Wonder what the odds are that the KGB crashed that party?

The grand ole middle east nothing but countries using other countries to get ahead.

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 11:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by mideast

God bless America

Man, I wonder what the Iranian Cyber Police would say about this?

edit on 26-8-2013 by sonnny1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 02:05 AM
link   
This is old news. The world was very different thirty years ago. The US support for Saddam is well documented, as is his downfall.

Regards

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 07:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by paraphi
This is old news. The world was very different thirty years ago. The US support for Saddam is well documented, as is his downfall.

Regards

Very different 30 years ago?
I don't see that.
I see the same shady tactics smeared with an ever thinner veneer of BS to keep the Western populace believing they are on the side of truth and justice,and their governments are wholly righteous.

It was BS 30 years ago,and its BS today.

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 12:44 PM
link   
At one time the US supported the Taliban, Saddam, Noreiga etc. and many other despots.

Then we turned on them and declared them the enemy of America. There is no loyalty or truth in international affairs. At one time many Americans supported Hitler.

www.rationalrevolution.net...

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 04:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Silcone Synapse

Each side gets its own version of the story but one thing stays the same - "The enemy spends it's day plotting how to kill us all." Whether you are in USA or ME ... that thing stays the same. It helps politicians to get public blessing if they ever want to use force

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 01:04 AM
link   
I soooo wonder if this is like the money that disappeared during the 911 attacks...........

big revelations always seems to be outshined by big news....

We could know the truth...but instead we will be distracted by false flags and patsy wars

what a convenient distraction...the US global moral police, must get involved in the atrocities happening in another country....that we probably helped make happen.
same formula....it works better when we practice it over and over again.

Reminds me of my math classes.....war builds on war

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 05:00 AM
link   

So the CIA even shared intelligence on an attack they knew would involve chemical weapons? Does anyone else think that just maybe the CIA shared intelligence again resulting in a chemical weapons attack?

Of course, they needed a reason to go in later and invade...

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 05:56 PM
link   
why is this news? Didn't we all know about this years ago? I specifically remember pissing off some oxy addict veteran by telling him this about the CIA and iraq

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 09:28 PM
link   

double standarts is normal for US today. They say other countries have no democracy and fly to bring it. then they spend 800 billion dollars in Afghanistan, then they try to bomb Syria. think too much for one country in North america

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 11:30 PM
link   
"Our" government went rogue a long time ago.
There is no civil way to control what "they" do anymore, voting has become a silly little thing we do to convince ourselves we still have a voice.

Reality is we have no say what-so-ever.

top topics

join