It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Linda Ronstadt Tells AARP She has Parkinson’s. She Will Never Sing Again.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 07:46 PM
link   

The 67-year-old music legend tells AARP Magazine, in an article posted online Friday, that she was diagnosed eight months ago and “can’t sing a note.” Ronstadt says she began to show symptoms as long as eight years ago, but attributed her inability to sing then to a tick disease. When her hands began to tremble, Ronstadt said she thought the shaking was the result of a shoulder operation. She said she was “completely shocked” when she finally saw a neurologist and was diagnosed with Parkinson’s disease. “I wouldn’t have suspected that in a million, billion years.

Source

I don't know how many Ronstadt fans we have on ATS, but it's a shame to hear she has lost her voice to Parkinson's. I've enjoyed her music for decades, and just wanted to pay tribute to a talented and versatile artist, imho.

An oldie, but a goodie...

Thanks for the music Linda.
edit on 8/26/2013 by Klassified because: corrections

edit on 8/26/2013 by Klassified because: Edit title

edit on 8/26/2013 by Klassified because: last one, hopefully

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 08:40 PM
link   
Bless her heart. I listened to her music back in the day and she was a favorite of mine.

She is my age and Parkinson's runs in my family. So far we have been fortunate to have no symptoms of such.

Hoping her journey is not so difficult and coming out as she has I expect she will weather it with grace.

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 08:42 PM
link   
that sure took me back!!! sad to hear this about linda.....nice tribute!

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 05:46 PM
link   
Her voice was amazing, so clear and pure. I always loved her music over the years. I enjoy her two Mexican language albums too, what a voice!!. It is sad to hear she has this horrible disease. I wish her all the best and I pray they find a way to cure or at least manage, this disease.

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 06:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Iamschist
Her voice was amazing, so clear and pure. I always loved her music over the years. I enjoy her two Mexican language albums too, what a voice!!. It is sad to hear she has this horrible disease. I wish her all the best and I pray they find a way to cure or at least manage, this disease.

I liked her "round midnight" and "lush life" albums too. She definitely made her mark.

Thanks for the replies folks.

new topics

top topics

join