It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Just Breaking on CNN, Strike on Syria Within Hours Without Congressional Approval

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 09:10 PM
link   

edit on 26-8-2013 by all2human because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 09:10 PM
link   
I know many believe the US (and most other NATO nations) are pretty evil and do many unjust things. Which could be totally true. But to play devils advocate, say Assad is using chemical weapons on his people, is intervention okay then?

I know that there are many who believe every country should just keep to themselves, but in the event of a monster dictator terrorizing his own people wouldn't you want some country to step in to stop that dictator? These are all hypothetical questions, just curious to get others take on these "what if" type questions I'm asking...

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 09:12 PM
link   
reply to post by stumason

Also isn't Russia and China part of the UN? and am I correct that the UN wants a one world government?

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 09:12 PM
link   
The youtube videos I linked to DO exist but for some reason won't work(and not because of a personal error)
edit on 26-8-2013 by TheWetCoast because: youtube messed up
Sorry. It looks like we could see the SHTF soon.I don't know how this scenario will play out; But I'm sure that a lot of innocent people will suffer and die.
edit on 26-8-2013 by TheWetCoast because: add

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 09:15 PM
link   
Here is a nice little 10 min video.

Leaked Documents: U.S. Framed Syria in Chemical Weapons Attack

www.youtube.com...=589

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 09:15 PM
link   
This is so complicated. Yeah Assad is killing children and civilians and yes they have asked for help. Seems like the right thing to do, yeah? But then foreign fighters, terrorists and mercenaries have snuck in there and committed some atrocities. Still, what would you do if government forces came into your town and killed your family for no reason? Wouldn't you want to torture and kill any government force you came in contact with? Imagine the rage you would feel! But then....it's more than that now it's political posturing. Do we really want to help the civilians or do we want strategic air bases and resources? And, are we spear heading this or is it NATO?

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 09:16 PM
link   
Well nowadays you can't post your own theories without someone attacking you and that's just sad to see.

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 09:17 PM
link   
Helping one group of extremists to take out another group of extremists...

"The enemy of my enemy is my friend" works beautifully here.

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 09:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sk8ergrl
Well nowadays you can't post your own theories without someone attacking you and that's just sad to see.

Keep your chin up mate and keep posting theories.

That's what this site is all about.

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 09:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by amazing

Keep your chin up mate and keep posting theories.

That's what this site is all about.

Thanks for that huni and I will keep posting my theories and my experiences. I won't let anyone try to belittle me lol

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 09:27 PM
link   
reply to post by joeraynor

???? Iranians, were talking about syria...

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 09:27 PM
link   
De Ja Moo

The feeling you have seen this crap before.

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 09:28 PM
link   

Russia has a dictator so does China also US does and Cameron is heading that way too also just maybe they are playing the bluffing game to make it look like that they are on their side but when the time comes they will also attack the ME.

You really are stretching here, aren't you? Russia might have a questionable system of Governance, but China is not a dictatorship (you should read up exactly how the country is run).

As for the US, well your just talking total bollocks there and as for the UK you're not even close. What you're doing here is grasping at straws to try and keep you're silly NWO theory afloat, which isn't working.

Also Putin wants an NWO from 2012 www.theblaze.com...

maybe next you won't attack others before doing research

Haha, he doesn't actually say that anywhere in that article. It's you spinning what he has said in an attempt to fit your thinking. Nice try.....

Maybe instead of pulling random thoughts together or posting links to obscure sites, you could try and formulate a coherent response in your own words to what are valid questions over your logic and reasoning.

As it stands, you want me to believe this is a plot to take over the ME so the NWO can be formed, despite obstructionist policies from the Russians or China, but then try to tell me that they are in on it as well? If they were, why the blocking of the UNSC? Your little theory does not stand up to scrutiny.

Also isn't Russia and China part of the UN? and am I correct that the UN wants a one world government?

Everyone in the World isa member, aside from a couple of small territories. And where does the UN say it wants a one world Government?

And what exactly would be the problem of having one? The sooner we all forget about petty nationalist stuff and work together, the better the world will be. Provided it was done along democratic lines (regardless of what you think the "NWO" might be planning), what exactly would be the problem of such a thing?

However, in that very article you posted as "proof" of Putin wanting a OWG, he actually says he wants a new world order (ie: one away from the West calling the shots is what he meant and that is clear in the article) with Russia's interests at heart. Still petty nationalism in the end.

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 09:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by whyamIhere

We have no clue who the Rebels are.

Darth Vader and the Empire doesnt care, it seems....

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 09:30 PM
link   

Aww, diddums.....

Listen matey, if you don't want to be questioned about your pet theory, don't post it on ATS. Go to GLP or some other trash site for that. However, if you have something of merit and can back it up with some reason, logic and coherent posting (and God forbid, some evidence?), you might find people will at least pay attention.

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 09:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by jhn7537
I know many believe the US (and most other NATO nations) are pretty evil and do many unjust things. Which could be totally true. But to play devils advocate, say Assad is using chemical weapons on his people, is intervention okay then?

I know that there are many who believe every country should just keep to themselves, but in the event of a monster dictator terrorizing his own people wouldn't you want some country to step in to stop that dictator? These are all hypothetical questions, just curious to get others take on these "what if" type questions I'm asking...

Too many things have come across that indicate rebels have effectively mislead civilians.

Like videos of two groups of rebels mock fighting and getting family involved by injuring another member in their family and the other group hides and takes pot shots at the civilians while the rebels tell them they are being attacked by the regime... then they recruit surviving family members who are now angry and have been "taken in" by the rebels. All kinds of sick stuff like this. Rebels terrorizing civilians, raping women and telling them they are with the regime and letting them live to talk about it. Actual donning of military symbols while attacking civilians etc ....

They are there deliberately to stir the pot... and most of them do not even belong in that country.

Syria drafted a new constitution... they were set to hold election in may.

We know this was seeded. We know the west is lying.

We know that journalists have been embedded to video market the rebels.

The regime attacks buildings where rebels hold up. Civilians should get as far away from rebels as they can. If the regime attacks, they will get hurt as well, but what can the regime do... let them take over?
edit on 26-8-2013 by NotAnAspie because: (no reason given)

edit on 26-8-2013 by NotAnAspie because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 09:35 PM
link   

If the US, Gassed a bunch of KKK members in Virginia, or a bunch of that anti obama crowd would you be okay with Russia coming in and just #ing # up for you? Bomb the crap out of your infrastructure. Decimate your military forces, instate it's own militia, police force and laws, and put in a leader they feel would be good for you.

Would you be okay with this? How would it be any different for anyone else?

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 09:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by xavi1000
Latest interview with President al-Assad

Syria will never become a western puppet state!

sana.sy...

And for independence sometimes nations should pay high price.

But it is not a stance for independence anymore.

It is a stand against slavery.

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 09:38 PM
link   
This isn't going to be Iraq or Afghanistan - there will be no actual war....at this point in time, at least. The US will fire a few missiles at key sites and that's it. Assad is NOT going to respond. Why would he? He'll almost certainly survive any US missile strikes and I guarantee he'll still have some chemical weapons left as well. He knows the US will never actually invade (unless he does something really stupid...) and they don't really want to have to setup no-fly zones either. The US just wants to make a point. The US has stressed time and time again that there is no military solution to the Syria problem, and that is absolutely the case. They aren't going to make the Iraq mistake again. Assad knows that cruise missile strikes are Obama's only option, and that they'll be largely ineffective anyway. He won't escalate and give the US a reason to go further. Same with Israel....why would he do exactly what they want by giving them an excuse to attack?

Bottom line: Assad wants to survive.

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 09:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hijinx

If the US, Gassed a bunch of KKK members in Virginia, or a bunch of that anti obama crowd would you be okay with Russia coming in and just #ing # up for you? Bomb the crap out of your infrastructure. Decimate your military forces, instate it's own militia, police force and laws, and put in a leader they feel would be good for you.

Would you be okay with this? How would it be any different for anyone else?

Well, actually, I'm a KKK anti-Obama member so that would be horrible

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join